This week's Sand Snake scene was brought to you by the most beautiful woman in the world (or else) [book spoilers]

Good Guy Garlan

You all must have had terrible high school experiences if you think that 17 year olds aren't having sex.

1) Sex doesn't mean squat about whether you had a good or bad school experience

2) the issue is more that there are laws about under 18's, nudity and such like. That is why people are saying its a bit weird for

As much as I would hate it if Bronn died I thought it would have been hilarious if she was like "Antidote? No thats just more poison. Thanks for the complement though :D "

Damn that would be awesome.But bronn would be kill

People under 18 are protected from being portrayed in the nude on television. People under 18 are not prevented from being nude, but I'm sure someone's working on that.

Well it's a good thing I didn't say they weren't allowed to be nude, isn't it?

I think the purpose of the cut and Bronn nearly dying is to give the Sand Snakes an achievement of sorts, reducing him to a state where he's totally succumbing to their demands and being entirely dominated. But, crucially, him not actually dying allows Areo Hotah to net an achievement of his own later in the season.

"Brothers oh brothers my days here are done, the Dornishman's taken my life, but what does it matter for all men must die, and I've tasted the Dornishman's wife".

He's tasted the Sandsnakes; next up is Areo. Sadly, I think the purpose of Bronn this season is to die no matter what, and make the audience understand (and respect) the prowess of the character that kills him. And thanks to the poison scene, that sense of prowess gets duplicated and shared around a bit. It seems disrespectful to Bronn I know - making him a resource to be exploited - but maybe it's the best way they can establish the dangerousness of multiple Dornish characters in the limited amount of time afforded to them by a tricky fifth season.

]

Is this forum populated exclusively by people who revel in being as obtuse as possible? You suggested they broke a law. They didn't.

I didn't suggest that. I said there are laws regarding under 18s and nudity, and because she was not (or so it was assumed by myself and other when I actually said this) 18 when she auditioned, it was a bit weird. Not illegal. It is you who are being obtuse and trying to twist what I say

] I didn't suggest that. I said there are laws regarding under 18s and nudity, and because she was not (or so it was assumed by myself and other when I actually said this) 18 when she auditioned, it was a bit weird. Not illegal. It is you who are being obtuse and trying to twist what I say

Here's a pro-tip for writing. If you don't want to be construed as having suggested that a law was broken or that there was some impropriety, don't refer to the law in the sentence directly prior to your stating that it's "weird". Nobody is twisting anything you say, just drawing logical inferences from the communication pattern that you (apparently unintentionally?) established.

Here's a pro-tip for writing. If you don't want to be construed as having suggested that a law was broken or that there was some impropriety, don't refer to the law in the sentence directly prior to your stating that it's "weird". Nobody is twisting anything you say, just drawing logical inferences from the communication pattern that you (apparently unintentionally?) established.

If I wanted a "pro-tip" for writing I'd have asked for it. You drawing inferences from what I say is your own business, not mine. I never referred to illegality, you did.

I think the purpose of the cut and Bronn nearly dying is to give the Sand Snakes an achievement of sorts, reducing him to a state where he's totally succumbing to their demands and being entirely dominated. But, crucially, him not actually dying allows Areo Hotah to net an achievement of his own later in the season.

"Brothers oh brothers my days here are done, the Dornishman's taken my life, but what does it matter for all men must die, and I've tasted the Dornishman's wife".

He's tasted the Sandsnakes; next up is Areo. Sadly, I think the purpose of Bronn this season is to die no matter what, and make the audience understand (and respect) the prowess of the character that kills him. And thanks to the poison scene, that sense of prowess gets duplicated and shared around a bit. It seems disrespectful to Bronn I know - making him a resource to be exploited - but maybe it's the best way they can establish the dangerousness of multiple Dornish characters in the limited amount of time afforded to them by a tricky fifth season.

Should've just kept Arys, the KL that was definitey with Myrcella in S2. Fight scene would be better too if the SS' were allowed to actually kill something.

Haha. Such a pathetic scene.

"This is the only antidote"

:lol: 1980's anyone? :lol:

Actually, now that you mention it, Bronn is so 1980s Swords and Sorcery - it's probably why he get's so much love.

Bronn's other scene regarding the sexual exploits of his nose, in the Blackwater episode, was one of the 2 sexual scenes in the show I cringed at for feeling corny, non plot related, or gratuitous - and now I know ecactly why, it was pure 80s swords and sorcery schlock.

This is not to say that many elements of ASoIaF aren't pulp swords and sorcery schlock - just noting, if you want to see it exemplified, Bronn is your man :)

Bronn isn't going to die. He can't die. He doesn't have any sons to fight over his fortune. or a fortune. Or a castle. It isn't fair if he doesn't get a castle, it is all he wants in the world. Stop saying bronn is oakheart. Barristan is dead, isn't that enough unwritten deaths for you people?

I am completely in denial. I love this show but if they kill bronn, it will be dead to me. I hope he steals jaimes gold hand and sells it for a castle. It has to be worth a fortune.

Bronn isn't going to die. He can't die. He doesn't have any sons to fight over his fortune. or a fortune. Or a castle. It isn't fair if he doesn't get a castle, it is all he wants in the world. Stop saying bronn is oakheart. Barristan is dead, isn't that enough unwritten deaths for you people?

I am completely in denial. I love this show but if they kill bronn, it will be dead to me. I hope he steals jaimes gold hand and sells it for a castle. It has to be worth a fortune.

He might still knock up Tyene before biting the big one. Tyene having to deal with that while trying to infiltrate the Faith might be fun.

Archived