Football XOXO: bring on the Silly Season!

Nas!

So obviously stayed away from this topic as Liverpool have had a horrid end to the season. Huge embarrassment on Sunday, but hey it's all over now!

In that light it seems that Rodgers is poised to attempt yet another raid on Southhapmton for Nathaniel Clyne. First offer has been turned down, but apparently according to sources (so who knows) he is interested in joining Liverpool. I know he didn't finish off the season fantastically but quite a few teams were probably interested in him for this summer. What does everyone think about Clyne?

Oh and also 32.5 Mil for Benteke makes me a sad panda :-(

In that light it seems that Rodgers is poised to attempt yet another raid on Southhapmton for Nathaniel Clyne. First offer has been turned down, but apparently according to sources (so who knows) he is interested in joining Liverpool. I know he didn't finish off the season fantastically but quite a few teams were probably interested in him for this summer. What does everyone think about Clyne?

Really good player. He was one of Southampton's best last year and the reason they allowed Chambers to go to Arsenal (though Chambers was always more suited as a CB than RB). Not sure why Clyne would really leave though unless United came calling.

Supremely confident today. Sherwood might have helped Benteke find his scoring boots, but since he took over their defensive solidity has gone out the window. I fancy we'll score two or three.

Walcott and Woj start. Certainly didn't expect that.

I expected Woj but not Walcott. I'm very surprised but love it. I do wish Ramsey was starting in the middle and Wilshere on the right though. Wilshere offers so much more with his dribbling ability, similar to what Ox offers.

Folks in the UK, which channel is showing this?

Edit: Evan, he's not going to leave Santi out. I don't disagree with anything you've said there. I'd expect Jack to come on though.

Edit: Evan, he's not going to leave Santi out. I don't disagree with anything you've said there. I'd expect Jack to come on though.

I know. I didn't expect him to if I'm honest, just would like that team better. This will be fine and Girioud/Wilshere/Ox will make good impact subs.

Walcott's not been nearly as involved as he should be considering the domination but that was a proper finish.

I have absolutely no issues with his involvement. He's making runs, ball isn't always getting to him and if it isn't, he's clearing space for Ramsey.

I have absolutely no issues with his involvement. He's making runs, ball isn't always getting to him and if it isn't, he's clearing space for Ramsey.

In fairness to him, he is in fact trying to be pro-active rather than cowarding it like he often does, but he's going way too early and getting caught offside all the time. His pace is a factor, but not as much as it should be.

As you know, I don't rate him very highly, and while he's not has his worst half just there you'd still be much better off if he was Sadio Mane or even Javier Hernandez or someone.

Santi and Ozil have been fantastic, on the other hand. As have Delph and Okore defending the pressure, imo.

Villa completely outclassed. Ozil outstanding, pulling the strings and man of the match so far.

Walcott anonymous for 40 minutes, but popped up with a brilliant goal.

Ramsey's positional discipline non-existent. Would much rather Wilshere out there on the right.

COYG!

Archived