If they do a Shireen burning, will you have the heart to watch it?

Shpati

I guess I'll not continue watching this stuff if they kill Shireen.

Not sure if this is going to happen, anyway. Davos is there, Stannis is not particularly eager to go through with it, and

going to march somewhere

in the last episode. If Stannis was to sacrifice his own daughter, then surely something magically would happen to prevent his army from facing the Boltons in battle, no? Since that's not very likely I imagine that Stannis does not sacrifice Shireen - instead he may command Davos to return Shireen and Selyse to the Wall, where they receive word/the letter that Stannis died in battle. That could be why Selyse broke down in that trailer - she really loves and adores Stannis. Perhaps he'll send Mel back, too, although I'd not bet on that.

Considering the other hints we received I also imagine Samwell and Gilly will leave for Oldtown shortly before Jon's assassination, and an interesting twist for TV Shireen the book nerd would be if Sam and Gilly took her with them to protect her from Melisandre instead of Mance's son who doesn't exist in the show. Surely Samwell would not survive Jon's assassination for long.

The Rickon plot is clearly not in the show. Davos is not going to search for him - he is with the Umbers in the show, not on Skagos.

I'll watch, yeah she's a young girl, but it would be the third time? that we saw someone burned alive on the show, and I doubt it would be worse than Mance, which was well done I thought.

I'll watch but I think it will be difficult.

People have mentioned how they don't think it'll be any worse than Theon's torture scenes. I agree they were awful to watch but the character of Theon was severely flawed by that point; he killed those two innocemt boys afterall. I'm not saying he deserved to go through what he did but there was a slight element of justice for those boys when he was tortured, for me anyway.

It would be way worse for Shireen as she's nothing more than a genuinely sweet and innocent little girl who really has no idea what's going on around her. I think that would make this all the more heart-breaking to watch.

Having said that, I don't think they'll go through with it. I can see Stannis sacrificing himself to save her.

I don't understand why people think D&D won't go there. Of course they could. They stabbed a pregnant woman in the belly. They showed the rape of one of the most sensitive innocent characters. It's not just that they are unsentimental when it comes to this stuff. They also love to go for the shockiest of shocks. So of course they could burn Shireen.

And, honestly, it wouldn't be the worst thing ever shown on cable or HBO. We just care because we love Shireen and think Stannis would never do such a thing.

I'm 50/50 on whether they will do it. It seems like now that Mel actually said it aloud that it is less likely when before it was just hinted at. But not totally sure of that.

ETA: to answer the OP, yes I will watch it. I watched Oberyn's head be smashed in through my fingers fanned in front of my face. I imagine I will do the same. Depending on how it is done I may never watch it again. I don't fast-forward through Theon's torture or through Oberyn's head-smash but I do now fast-forward through Sansa's rape. It's the only thing on the show that I do.

i will watch it but at this point i am wondering whether it will be worse than oberyn or not ..

i knew about red wedding so it was not that traumatic but i was not prepared for oberyn and when gregor pushed his fingers into his eyes and crushed his head i was left blank and couldnt sleep or shake off the visual even on next day ..but here we go after a year we are back about debating whether we will see shireen burn ...this is game of thrones after all ..

After watching a pregnant woman get stabbed in the belly and scene of Theon's castration, I'm pretty much game for anything. The character involved will make it difficult though for sure. She's too damn adorable.

I don't think they'll show it even if they kill her off. I don't think it works on TV having a child visibly burning for an extended period of time, they'd focus on Stannis/Mel/Selyse's faces.

Archived