What are you drinking in this weather?

Fragile Bird

Sour and bitter flavours are things we have to actively learn to enjoy. From an evolutionary viewpoint those are flavours which cue us to spit out whatever we are eating in case they are toxic or spoiled or just of low nutritional value.

Even though back in the day all beer would have been sour, these days people would assume a sour beer was accidentally sour, ie infected, and complain. That's why it's important to inform people that your beer is SUPPOSED to be sour, to avoid confusion.

I basically never drink anything but beer, but I had a Merlot with some chinese food. That was interesting, and I'll admit that the main reason I picked that one was because it reminded me of "Arcadia Merlot" from Bioshock. 

Finished the last of my Vodka a few minutes ago, but I'm not nearly drunk enough and since I can't take a puff of the laughing plant anymore the only thing left in the house (I have drank too much to drive one-armed) is Tequila. And the only thing to mix it with is water or Mountain Dew... No limes.

So, Mountain Dew and Tequila... It's not the worst thing I've ever drank, and it's a damn sight better than drinking it straight but I still want to hurl after only a sip. :( Wish me luck.

Does anyone know if Anchor IPA is any good?

I only have a vague memory of drinking it once a couple of years ago. however, I remember it being fairly underwhelming. If you want more opinions, go beeradvocate.com! like any rating website , it has its fair share or problems, but it's a pretty good source if you want to know whether or not a beer is worth checking out, or totally bunk. To clarify, I'd suggest anything above an 80 is worth checking out.

Do you mean Anchor as in Anchor Steam? If so I'm not sure I've ever had anything apart from the Steam. But I should say if you are in the UK there are a ton of IPAs brewed here which will be fresher and therefore tastier.

Archived