Rant and Rave without Repercussion [Book Spoilers]

Chebyshov

And all women were delicate flowers with not personality. Those who were strong disguised themselves as men. Medieval times for women were either Sansa or Brienne.

Or sassy sexual jinxes like Marg...no complex female characters back then.....or to be fair many male ones looking at thaeshow.

Guys, I'm really sorry if I missed this, but are we ranting about this article yet?

"...but likewise there are ways in which the show has made its female characters arguably more likeable (such as Sansa’s character in general), or gave them empowering new sequences (such as Brienne fighting The Hound)."

I need to throw things.

EW are idiots. It is known.

Guys, I'm really sorry if I missed this, but are we ranting about this article yet?

"...but likewise there are ways in which the show has made its female characters arguably more likeable (such as Sansa’s character in general), or gave them empowering new sequences (such as Brienne fighting The Hound)."

I need to throw things.

Well, I made the mistake to start reading the comments from this article.

My faith in humanity is lost forever

Is Martin kinda obligated by contract to give this interviews, right? About the show, I mean. If so, I hope that when he releases the next books his people won't return their calls, tbh.

"Hello, yes, it's EW here, we would like to speak to Mr. Martin please,"

"Okay, just hold for a minute please..,"

"George, it's EW. I think they want to do another interview with you."

"I'm not here...tell them I'm busy!"

"Busy? Busy what?"

"I don't know! Just make something up. Tell them I was mis-sold PPI or something, anything but another interview with them!"

GRRM throwing the shade is strong in that article. The article's writer(s) are likely too dense to see whats going on there. But GRRM's statements help quell the horseshit i keep hearing about "GRRM is sexist! Otherwise he wouldnt write this like this!"

Im sure when the show is done with its run, he will feel more at ease to breathe the actual fire about how the adaptation twisted his own reasoning.

Who knows what the context of the interview was, but no one expected Disneyland or an egalitarian society on the show. That's just silly. And that's not the objections anyone has had.

Other shows do quite a nice job presenting stories of troubled times without being sexist and offensive.

"Hello, yes, it's EW here, we would like to speak to Mr. Martin please,"

"Okay, just hold for a minute please..,"

"George, it's EW. I think they want to do another interview with you."

"I'm not here...tell them I'm busy!"

"Busy? Busy what?"

"I don't know! Just make something up. Tell them I was mis-sold PPI or something, anything but another interview with them!"

Speaking of GRRM and interviews, he's really committed to finishing this book, huh? Hasn't posted on his blog since May 18th. I went to check because that "interview" read like one of his blog posts. So it's possible they just emailed him a question and he wrote a reply lol

Who knows what the context of the interview was, but no one expected Disneyland or an egalitarian society on the show. That's just silly. And that's not the objections anyone has had.

THANK YOU!

No seriously. I’ve read this before. Does anyone know how to search the SSM database or something?

THANK YOU!

No seriously. I’ve read this before. Does anyone know how to search the SSM database or something?

Google. Is something like search:Westeros.org/ssm (plus keyword too, like Daynes, The Hound, whatever.) that may not be exactly the right way but it's something like that

It's really baffling that a journalist has the nerve to say something like that in an interview with a writer.

Imagine if, in an interview with a singer, the journalist wrote that some other guy improved his work in a cover (like saying Miley Cyrus totally improved "smells like teen spirit"). Do you really believe the singer would like it? Or the fans of said singer?

The saddest thing is that I'm pretty sure the journalist didn't even realise that this statement was offensive, and nobody seems to care. Just look at the amount of articles that said something similar.

It's really baffling that a journalist has the nerve to say something like that in an interview with a writer.

Imagine if, in an interview with a singer, the journalist wrote that some other guy improved his work in a cover (like saying Miley Cyrus totally improved "smells like teen spirit"). Do you really believe the singer would like it? Or the fans of said singer?

The saddest thing is that I'm pretty sure the journalist didn't even realise that this statement was offensive, and nobody seems to care. Just look at the amount of articles that said something similar.

Yeah. The journalist has really no idea wtf they are saying/doing, or realizing whats actually being said there.

Do we really have to go through this dozens of times every thread? I'm starting to feel like Ran's post should be pinned to the top of every page.

Thank you. And it's usually the same culprits every week, so the ignore button is your best friend everyone :)

Off topic, but just want to say how much I appreciate this thread. I am waiting to see a doctor since I had a car accident today. I'm perfectly fine, but I've been dragged here due to being pregnant. Anyway, I know I can cope with the 2 hour wait because I have all this loveliness to read!

For the record, I only saw the end. I thought it was ok, somewhat protracted, a bit Pirates of the Caribbean style, which isn't necessary good. Oddly, I feel it lacked the horror of the letter Jon receives.

Also, I agree that wildling woman was cool, but her death was ridiculous. We women do not turn stone because our "maternal instincts" kick in. It was cheap and kind of sexist - they wouldn't show a man freezing.

Talking of letters, if Carol does get hers to Larry, it will look like he's being a real dick if he refuses her, instead of in the book where I was cheering. So sick of their watering down.

So once again, thank you! Keep ranting and raving. We need this little corner of the internet!

Glad you're ok....

The battle, IMO was the least-excellent part of the episode. It wasn't perfect, but it was the GoT we used to love so it gets a thumbs up

Is it just me or has this same white walker been killed like 5 times so far?

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120605015933/gameofthrones/images/c/c7/White_Walker_2x10.jpg

Also, is that white walker Gaahl from Gorgoroth or is that just me?

http://www.darkside.ru/band/631/n15584.jpg

L M A O at Gaahl! To be fair though, the last Other that got smushed by Jon looked less like that dude on the horse. (but more like Gaahl.)

I hope Wardruna has some dragonglass

Archived