Fate of Jon Snow might differ from Books

D2procon

FTW will happen and he will of course survive or be revived next season. They're playing up the parallel story lines between Jon and Dany quite bit (more so than even in the books) this season, among them rebellious subjects who attempt to assassinate them at the end of the season. It's a bit on-the-nose really:

1. Early in the season, they both execute someone who acted against them.

2. Mid-season, they have to make an alliance with enemy (Jon teams up with the Wildlings, Dany with Meereen via marriage).

3. End of season, they both face an assassination attempt.

They may both be saved by magic (Melisandre) or magical creatures (Drogon/Ghost). Isn't it obvious where they're going with this?

Of course FTW will happen, I'm just not sure it'll happen in the next episode. It most likely will, but it's still not set in stone.

The title of this thread is 'Fate of Jon Snow might differ from books' - it's to early to tell that yet. WoW is still unreleased so we don't know if Jon is dead - we can suspect he isn't, but that's all it is.

I think one of my biggest hunches that Melisandre will have something to do with Jon's survival is that the actress that plays Melisandre (Carice Van Houten) said she has a big scene with Kit Harington coming up and she cannot wait for the fans reaction :)

She didn't say that. All she said there was a big scene which she wanted to sees the fan's reaction to (probably the Shireen burning scene) and the interviewer interpreted that as a Jon and Mel scene because at that point we all though Mell was going to stay at the wall.

Well I have been waiting for this since I first heard of it (after watching the first season of the show), I've read Jon's final POV in ADWD a few times to see if he survives - I believe he does. The question is really how and what is the aftermath. Now I have a really strange sense of emotions, I want to know what happens with Jon but I am also dreading an outcome which I will dislike. For what it's worth I don't see the show ending in exactly the same place as the books I feel this will be more clear if not complete in outlining his fate.

Surely he cannot die can he? I mean really it's his POV, Jamie has a similar chapter where his hand is cut off and he survives, Jon is one of if not the main and most popular character in the show and series. If he were to die people may give up as I feel people either support Jon or Dany not both.

She didn't say that. All she said there was a big scene which she wanted to sees the fan's reaction to (probably the Shireen burning scene) and the interviewer interpreted that as a Jon and Mel scene because at that point we all though Mell was going to stay at the wall.

I get what your saying , maybe it's the interviewer not explaining properly :) She does say straight after talking about the Mel and Jon scene In ep 4.." So how do you feel going into that episode with an even bigger scene seducing him?" Then Carice also mentions their being another scene after the one the interviewer is referring to (which is the Shireen one I think)

Two different scenes they seem to mention? I think it sounds like their referring to another scene with Kit Harington, I noticed a lot whilst watching the show that Melisandre has a interest in Jon Snow :)

Surely he cannot die can he? I mean really it's his POV, Jamie has a similar chapter where his hand is cut off and he survives, Jon is one of if not the main and most popular character in the show and series. If he were to die people may give up as I feel people either support Jon or Dany not both.

The reason that he can’t die isn’t because he is popular nor that he is a main character. (We’ve seen ‘main’ characters die in both the books and the series) The reason that he can’t die is because his story isn’t done.

If you didn’t knew the theory: He is (quite likely) a Targaryen (son of Rhaegar and Lyanna) and maybe/probably AAR / tPtwP.

But even if the spoiler part isn’t true, it’s quite obvious that his story won’t end here. The wall is becoming more and more important and the entire build up of his char won’t end up in him being stabbed by his brothers. That simply won’t work.

So it’s not about his popularity or anything, but it’s all about the story.

I think it will be slightly different.

In the books, it's very likely that he's just severely wounded by FTW and will warg into Ghost.

In the show, I think D&D will have him clearly die for the greater shock value and then revive him. Why else would they make such a point of having Melisandre meet Thoros and Beric?

Exactly!

What if FTW takes place and to get rid of the body they lay him outside the Wall "where he belongs". And Mr. Nights King will revive him?

I want Jon to end of being the series' ultimate protagonist, not necessarily on the throne, but the hero. However, I must admit this would be freaking incredible and I would start rooting for the bad guys most likely.

I'm going to hate this episode if it leaves with FTW and us waiting a year to find out his fate. So lame as a plot device. Yes, George did it (numerous times, with many characters), but it just doesn't work with television, and dammit, I want something NEW to mull over. Spoil me!!!

I think they will at least spoil the Batlle of Winterfell.

FTW will happen and he will of course survive or be revived next season. They're playing up the parallel story lines between Jon and Dany quite bit (more so than even in the books) this season, among them rebellious subjects who attempt to assassinate them at the end of the season. It's a bit on-the-nose really:

1. Early in the season, they both execute someone who acted against them.

2. Mid-season, they have to make an alliance with enemy (Jon teams up with the Wildlings, Dany with Meereen via marriage).

3. End of season, they both face an assassination attempt.

They may both be saved by magic (Melisandre) or magical creatures (Drogon/Ghost). Isn't it obvious where they're going with this?

Jon and the Wildlings waiting for Thorne to open the gates also mirrored Dany and the Dothraki wanting access to qarth in season 2. Both are leading a 'barbaric' group and their only chance at survival is getting past the gates. People keep moaning about the 'North side of the wall' scene being illogical but I think it was deliberately set up to parallel Dany and the Dothraki (especially with how Dany's arc will end this season) and Jon's relations with the Wildlings.

Jon and the Wildlings waiting for Thorne to open the gates also mirrored Dany and the Dothraki wanting access to qarth in season 2. Both are leading a 'barbaric' group and their only chance at survival is getting past the gates. People keep moaning about the 'North side of the wall' scene being illogical but I think it was deliberately set up to parallel Dany and the Dothraki (especially with how Dany's arc will end this season) and Jon's relations with the Wildlings.

I never thought about that.Good point.

I think it happens similar to the books:

Jon gets stabbed...the screen goes black and all we here are grunts and "For the Watch". End of the episode THEN next season we see them about to burn Jon...just like they did Maester Aemon and then he comes back to life with the fire.

I agree. But now I'm thinking about changing plots in series and paralells to books. Maybe they will somehow use now an idea from a book with Catelyn's "revival" plot?

What I'm worried about is the fact that since they have basically excluded Ghost, and the bond between them, that D/D will decide to kill Ghost off, likely trying to protect Jon, in order to avoid worrying about CGI costs the rest of the way. And that's going to suck big time - show-wise and change from story-wise. I hope they don't but I can see them doing this as sure as I see them making Obvious Olly the focus of FTW. Of course, that could all be a setup too, and he's not even involved. Who the hell knows what's going on at this point.

What I'm worried about is the fact that since they have basically excluded Ghost, and the bond between them, that D/D will decide to kill Ghost off, likely trying to protect Jon, in order to avoid worrying about CGI costs the rest of the way. And that's going to suck big time - show-wise and change from story-wise. I hope they don't but I can see them doing this as sure as I see them making Obvious Olly the focus of FTW. Of course, that could all be a setup too, and he's not even involved. Who the hell knows what's going on at this point.

I have a feeling that they will give Ghost blue eyes at some point....

Besides, if Jon gets a dragon then why would he need Ghost. The dragons are clearly more worthy of the cgi budget. :bang:

This one is old news I suppose; but if there is anything in it we don't know beforehand from other sources, I would not trust it. I have seen this website long ago when I was searching for any rumors regarding Elder Scrolls 6 and they had plenty of 'news' and a release date for a game that doesn't likely exist.

I really don't think they'll kill Jon off but it is killing me thinking about how they're going to go about FTW. There's too much story in Jon to just throw him on the massive heap of show deaths now.

The signing of contracts counts for nothing, there have been actors that have signed on for extra seasons only to be given the chop before they've seen them out.

Much intrigue!

Archived