Fate of Jon Snow might differ from Books

D2procon

I think the "picture is photoshopped" theory is quite funny after we all say the wonderful job the show did with Dany riding Drogon.

Bad image =/= fake image

GoT is grate at teh potatoshop

For what it's worth I don't see the show ending in exactly the same place as the books I feel this will be more clear if not complete in outlining his fate.

Surely he cannot die can he? I mean really it's his POV, Jamie has a similar chapter where his hand is cut off and he survives, Jon is one of if not the main and most popular character in the show and series. If he were to die people may give up as I feel people either support Jon or Dany not both.

Plenty of people are for Jon AND Dany, even Jon WITH Dany.

In no way are they opposites.

"Exactly the same place" is too vague to discuss. I believe the show will stay true to the spirit of the books, just take a different route.

Jon may warg but warging won't save his body and I absolutely cannot see Jon fighting for humans from the ranks of the undead.

Jon is seriously wounded. Warging into his wolf is one way he can witness what is going on around him and come out of his physical recovery with a level of understanding and a plan.

I don't see Sam leaving till this is over. Sam is Jon's logical protector at this point.

I think the parallels noted between Jon and Dany's storylines are excellent observation. Hence, both will be left with cliffhangers (sorry and I don't care for this) as they were in the novels.

Maybe the show will go a different route. That would be a pleasant surprise.

I would be astonished if Jon OR Dany disappeared before the final battle/s.

Mel might have to revive Stannis after Brienne kills him. Now that makes sense and using a secondary royal for that also makes sense.

I just don't see Stannis disappearing from the story at this point.

Jon warging into ghost doesn't have to mean his body is dead. I could see him being to severely hurt to do something himself (it looks like it in the picture), so an option would be warging into ghost and attack his attackers. After they stopped, he can go back to his own body. Just one problem: How is he going to heal?

I can also see Bran/Bloodraven getting involved.

Was about to say this. Bran gets involved in the 6th season.

Just so everyone's aware, the 2nd pic of Jon in those leaked photos is most certainly fake. It's already been analyzed by people from 4chan and Reddit, and it's a clear photoshop. The first picture looks to be very real though.

Personally I think it would be very awkward to end the season with "Jon's dead. No really, he's dead." There has to be some stinger or hint that he'll come back. Kit already renewed his contract for Season 6, and a contact renewal sounds like too much if he were to just appear in a vision/flashback. There's no way they're gonna be able to keep him being on set a secret. What would shock people is if Jon is "Dead. No seriously don't you believe us? He's dead yo." But what would break the internet is if he gets stabbed, is dying, but then there's a stinger that he'll come back. Because then you'll get people talking and speculating, and hungry for more.

Common now.

You really think someone is going to photoshop a possible photoshop picture within a short period of time like that.

I can see Sam leaving after FTW goes down because someone says "It's not safe here, take Gilly and Maester Aemon" Sticking around doesn't make much sense to me.

Maester Amon is already a pile of ashes at this point. Sam and Gilly need to leave, it is clear. Gilly can drop out but we need Sam in Oldtown (no need to go to Braavos though). That plot seems to be too important to the overall story (plus the sleuthes who have said the Tarly clan is cast in the next season).

I think the "picture is photoshopped" theory is quite funny after we all say the wonderful job the show did with Dany riding Drogon.

Bad image =/= fake image

well it is more that it look like a bad photoshop of the first one. i think that image is fake. it could happen and not be good but i don't think it will be like that. i think they will zoom on his face and etc.. to really hammer it home.

Common now.

You really think someone is going to photoshop a possible photoshop picture within a short period of time like that.

i think the first one is not photoshopped and yeah you could do it pretty quick

no it could just be differences between cuts or takes too

well it is more that it look like a bad photoshop of the first one. i think that image is fake. it could happen and not be good but i don't think it will be like that. i think they will zoom on his face and etc.. to really hammer it home.

i think the first one is not photoshopped and yeah you could do it pretty quick

no it could just be differences between cuts or takes too

It looks like the real deal, but we'll see. Warging makes sense. Ressurection ain't gonna happen with Mel around Winterfell. I was convinced it will be ressurection, but Mel is a pretty bad influence and looks very unlikely.. Looks like D&D spoiled it for the fans at Oxford interview, which is not cool. They're always very careful with everything spoilery.

SO everybody says they can do a better photoshop image with warning eyes...

ok. do one.

(i still haven't seen the pic with regular eyes. I have only found the warning eyes and the pic with Mrs. Stannis.)

It's not entirely impossible but would take alot of work.

That said, warg is the most likely scenario it's just that nothing has indicated Jon Snow can warg. Now all of a sudden he can like Bran. Why couldn't Rob Stark do the same thing? Still besides not being fatally wounded, it did seem like the most likely scenario.

I guess his last words were ghost for a reason.

Another picture of Jon

http://i.imgur.com/Gwor8kA.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qcBlY9Q.jpg

Blood pattern is different

Thank you sir. I was looking for that. To me it looks perfect. He is lying on his back pool of blood forming, then he gets all warggy with it and the pool of blood continues its trickle, you can see the warg eyes pic comes just a short time after the other pic by how the pool of blood grows.

After seeing the two pics together, I am ready to go out on a limb and say they are both authentic which goes against what most seem to think here. At least a vocal group.

Now how does his body get saved? How does Ghost get set free? How long is he in Ghost's body? How does he get back into his body? What is his position in the NW when he comes back? How high does Thorne hang the traitors, or how long does he take to chop off their heads, and how do they finally reveal R+L = J? All this to be answered next season!

It's not entirely impossible but would take alot of work.

That said, warg is the most likely scenario it's just that nothing has indicated Jon Snow can warg. Now all of a sudden he can like Bran. Why couldn't Rob Stark do the same thing? Still besides not being fatally wounded, it did seem like the most likely scenario.

I guess his last words were ghost for a reason.

Of course there were plenty of hints in the book that Jon could warg. The show could have given us something up until now, but I guess they didn't did they?

An explanation could be that Robb never actually met a warg before and didn't much believe in the stories concerning magic of the north etc. Jon has been to the other side of the wall and witnessed the magic first hand and met at least one warg himself. That's a reasonable difference to explain it.

^ Thorne might be one of the traitors nah ?

or is it official that he did not have a part into the treason ? (that'd be nice. Since Jon has left for Hardhome and gave control of CB to Thorne, i've thought that it'd nice to see the 2 befriend).

Bad image =/= fake image

I thought it was photoshopped at first too but when you compare it looks legit. In the 'photoshopped' one Jon's mouth is closed more and the pool of blood is shaped differently. It looks like the same scene but a few seconds later....

Also, the official Season 5 poster is photoshopped as hell. It is Tyrion standing trial and Drogon burning the sheep in season 4. The posters have been really disappointing this year.

One problem I have with the warging into ghost theory is that when FTW happens and Jon is 'dead', why on earth would the watch keep ghost alive? He would be pointless to the watch and they know he would be dangerous without Jon being around.

If Sam is still there in the show he could release Ghost. In the book, maybe Tormund, Pyp, Grenn, or Dolores release him?

Archived