Fate of Jon Snow might differ from Books

D2procon

Why do people think this is photoshopped? The eyes really look that bad to you? Either way it confirms FTW happens doesn't it? I don't recognize the positioning of John's body from any other scene. Kinda looks exactly like I'd imagined the last scene of this season looking. He's got his fresh scars, a pool of blood, and then he wargs and because we saw the other dudes warning with their eyes like that everyone is supposed to figure out he wargs into Ghost as well.

I don't use PS, so I have no idea what is good and what is not (in regards to really good images). This would make sense for an ending.

The image looks fine, but again I am no expert in PS.

It may be fake, but the positions of the mouth are slightly different, which is intriguing, although this could also be shopped.

Or it could be two images and one with Jon lying there think WTF, then warging....just a guess....

Warg eyes PhotoShopped!

Whomever it was made a couple of errors.

Skin tone from the face was used and in fact it looks like they used a stamp tool to do this - essentially, for non photoshop peeps, one uses the tool to select a certain area of the image and copy it to a different area. This can be used to cover up blemishes on the face as an example. You just pick a good portion of the face and brush it over the bad.

So they selected a portion of the face, moved over the eye and started to "draw" the warg eyes in a separate layer thus creating a "new" eye. Eyes are not pink or skin tone. Look at his real eyes - they are very clear and the white is pretty white with a touch of blue (not pink). His warg eyes should be the same.

Why they didn't think this through I don't know - either they didn't have the skill or was too excited to get the image out to really think about it or put time into it.

The other problem is in the placement. The warg eyes aren't settled under the lids. They did a sloppy job here. Especially the left eye - it goes over his eyelid and lashes.

The right eye has funky shading. The shading in the right eye is darker than what is happening in the natural eye.

The mouth is just an issue with the head moving and possibly some masking gone awry.

Now, to the blood.

Blood is wet, snow is wet - the blood bleeds into the snow plus snow is crystallized. There would be no sharp lines and there wouldn't be soft blurry lines such is the change in the warg pic. Seriously, google "blood in snow", you'll see. This has none of that. Now, THAT makes me very curious. I question it.

What actually happens in the scene I don't know, maybe he does warg, but it won't look like this.

Any other photoshop peeps want to get down with some of this?

It could possibly be an ice cell....

I didn't get the part in the book where he says his hands grew stiff and clumsy and he couldn't drAw his sword from it's sheath ( or something like that.....I forget the exact words). What exactly is going on here? Is it because he is seriously injured? This was before Bowen Marsh punched him and all the other daggers. Is he beginning to "warg" here and that is why it is difficult to get his sword?

The reason why he can't get his sword is unknown. Your guess is as good as any.

I just reread the ending to that chapter where FTW happens. It seems to me he warged into Ghost.

He whispers, "Ghost" just before the third wound when he falls and can't feel any more stabbings.

You could see it like that, but it's also possible that he sees ghost (in the corner of his eye or something).

Why do people think this is photoshopped? The eyes really look that bad to you? Either way it confirms FTW happens doesn't it? I don't recognize the positioning of John's body from any other scene. Kinda looks exactly like I'd imagined the last scene of this season looking. He's got his fresh scars, a pool of blood, and then he wargs and because we saw the other dudes warning with their eyes like that everyone is supposed to figure out he wargs into Ghost as well.

Idk why people know 100% for sure it's photoshopped.

I looked at these:

1. warg eyes: http://i18.servimg.com/u/f18/18/98/14/06/14340610.jpg

2, normal eyes: http://i.imgur.com/UcAtaq3.jpg

Can't say pic 1 is photoshopped or not, mainly because of the warg-eyes. Its not like I see real warg-eyes every day to say if that one was real.

The blood spilled is definitely different in the two pictures, as well as Jon's mouth. It looks like pic 1 comes after pic 2. But the blood pattern could easily be photoshopped. But why would anyone go such efforts?

Did not understand the Selyse picture. Is she hanging herself or what?

Definitly two different pics IMO. Don't think the first is photoshopped from the second (why change the pool of blood, the mouth etc.) Doesn't mean that the picture isn't photoshopped btw.

If Jon would warg in the ending of season 5, it's definitly into Ghost, and in that case that a major spoiler for book readers on tWoW. I mean, I don't think this will differ from GRRM's idea about how the story of Jon will continue.

I wonder if they'll really end the season on this scene? None of the previous seasons have ended on a cliffhanger of this kind.

I could see them ending the Jon arc on this scene, but I have to agree that this probably isn't the final shot.

I wouldn't call it a spoiler so much as a clue. Basically all we might have to go off of is his eyes turning white. That would be perfect in my opinion. It would settle the debate about what happened at the end of that chapter in the book, but it still wouldn't reveal how does he get back into his own body after it has been killed.

I wouldn't call it a spoiler so much as a clue. Basically all we might have to go off of is his eyes turning white. That would be perfect in my opinion. It would settle the debate about what happened at the end of that chapter in the book, but it still wouldn't reveal how does he get back into his own body after it has been killed.

That is the great "UNKNOWN". Now what?

Jon warging into ghost doesn't have to mean his body is dead. I could see him being to severely hurt to do something himself (it looks like it in the picture), so an option would be warging into ghost and attack his attackers. After they stopped, he can go back to his own body. Just one problem: How is he going to heal?

I can also see Bran/Bloodraven getting involved.

Jon warging into ghost doesn't have to mean his body is dead. I could see him being to severely hurt to do something himself (it looks like it in the picture), so an option would be warging into ghost and attack his attackers. After they stopped, he can go back to his own body. Just one problem: How is he going to heal?

I can also see Bran/Bloodraven getting involved.

True. Somehow his body needs to be saved. I guess it would be easier to save it before it died than after. :)

True. Somehow his body needs to be saved. I guess it would be easier to save it before it died than after. :)

Yeah, I don't see a safe happening after his dead. Jon staying inside Ghost until his body is recovered does feels like an option, but at this point it doesn't feel like the best one to me (even though I don't have a better option).

Just so everyone's aware, the 2nd pic of Jon in those leaked photos is most certainly fake. It's already been analyzed by people from 4chan and Reddit, and it's a clear photoshop. The first picture looks to be very real though.

Personally I think it would be very awkward to end the season with "Jon's dead. No really, he's dead." There has to be some stinger or hint that he'll come back. Kit already renewed his contract for Season 6, and a contact renewal sounds like too much if he were to just appear in a vision/flashback. There's no way they're gonna be able to keep him being on set a secret. What would shock people is if Jon is "Dead. No seriously don't you believe us? He's dead yo." But what would break the internet is if he gets stabbed, is dying, but then there's a stinger that he'll come back. Because then you'll get people talking and speculating, and hungry for more.

Very interesting discussion. Here are my thoughts on Jon Snow's fate:

- I definitley think we will see him stabbed and it will look like he is potentially dead or dying. We will be left with that as a cliff hanger, with perhaps a clue or two that maybe just maybe he is not 100% dead.

- I have a really hard time believing he would actually be killed off for real just because he seems like a pretty important charecter as it has been discussed, and his parantage has not been addresed yet.

- Maybe he will warg into Ghost temporarily, like to use him for help, but I really don't think he will warg into him as a means of survival, like his body is dead and his soul is in Ghost. That would be dissapointing for me peronally since as we know in this case the person's memories slowly fade until they become the beast. And having Ghost run around knowing he is Jon Snow and can't do as much in his wolf form, well I personally would not like that.

- I am not sure whether Mel will be involved but I think it would be neat if fire was invloved. Like they burn his body and that is now season 5 ends, and then next season we see him step out of the flames as Azor Ahai, kind of a Dany hatching her baby dragon moment.

- Alternatively, perhaps Dany is Azor Ahai and the "fire" in Ice and Fire. And Jon Snow is the Ice. Maybe they throw his body on the other side of the wall, and the Night's King comes and turns him into a White Walker. He we staring at him before at Hardhome, clearing thinking something and feeling Jon is special. I do not necesarily think this would mean Jon would now be evil, perhaps it would be a good way for us to get to know the White Walkers next season, maybe they are not as evil as they seem.

- Maybe Bran and the Raven will be involved in healing/reviving Jon somehow, I could see that happening.

What I wonder is who will save Jon's body if he is severely injured? Jon has been stabbed and his body must be moved, either to the ice cells or a pyre or somewhere. Who there at Castle Black will care enough to do this? Let's assume Jon has already sent Sam away. Even if Jon wargs into Ghost, at some point Jon is going to need his body. So who -- Edd? Aliser? Tormund?

What I wonder is who will save Jon's body if he is severely injured? Jon has been stabbed and his body must be moved, either to the ice cells or a pyre or somewhere. Who there at Castle Black will care enough to do this? Let's assume Jon has already sent Sam away. Even if Jon wargs into Ghost, at some point Jon is going to need his body. So who -- Edd? Aliser?

Widlings more likely (Wun Wun). They have numbers and NW with 40/50 men(not everyone agree with with his assassination) in Castle Black.

Just so everyone's aware, the 2nd pic of Jon in those leaked photos is most certainly fake. It's already been analyzed by people from 4chan and Reddit, and it's a clear photoshop. The first picture looks to be very real though.

Personally I think it would be very awkward to end the season with "Jon's dead. No really, he's dead." There has to be some stinger or hint that he'll come back. Kit already renewed his contract for Season 6, and a contact renewal sounds like too much if he were to just appear in a vision/flashback. There's no way they're gonna be able to keep him being on set a secret. What would shock people is if Jon is "Dead. No seriously don't you believe us? He's dead yo." But what would break the internet is if he gets stabbed, is dying, but then there's a stinger that he'll come back. Because then you'll get people talking and speculating, and hungry for more.

just because that picture is fake doesn't mean something like that doesn't happen.

Archived