What happens when Jon comes back?

idio

I haven't given it too much thought as I usually think about how lame it'll be if Jon has to live through Ghost or if he is resurrected as zombie-Jon.

But it's hard to imagine everyone just standing and looking at one another.

I think there was probably a lot of dissent among the Night's Watch as far as how Jon was handling things as Lord Commander. With that said, there was probably more brothers that either liked him or preferred instead to tolerate him. And let's not forget the brothers that were bound to duty.

The men that plotted against and stabbed Jon will hopefully be apprehended and locked in the Ice Cells immediately. I'm hoping Jon is just in rough shape and that he will need some patching up/rehabilitation. Sadly, I think it's probably going to be something lame (just a gut feeling).

I don't know what the cold feeling was that Jon felt before slipping. It could be that he was going into shock, dying, or that The Others were about to assault The Wall.

I cannot wait for The Winds of Winter.

i agree i think it would be extremely lame if he lived the rest of his life through ghost or as a zombie Jon.

my belief is Melisandre uses kings blood and sacrifices Shireen to save Jon, he will the literally be reborn like AA and they will awaken a dragon (Jon) from stone (Shireen- greyscale). something like that, and then i think and hope he's like normal Jon not like LSH or anything

I think he goes north, whether he wargs or is resurrected, i think he will need to get away safely and quickly to recuperate. I think he will go north, maybe meet bran, maybe not. I think he may sacrifice himself to solve the problem of the Others, at the source. I think he will never know who his parents are,others may, but they will never find him.He will be the hero that nobody remembers.

The multple daggers used in the assassination of a leader was not th e only allusion to the assassination of Julius Caesar. Just as Wick barely grazed Jon's neck with the first dagger, Casca was the first to cut Ceaser with a glancing cut to the neck. Just as Ceaser caught Casca by the arm, Jon caught Wick's wrist. Just as Wick retreated and put his arms up, Casca was frighted and shouted for help. That Jon understood this to mean that Wick was denying involvement was very curious. I'm not sure what to make of that other tjan he might have been mistaken. Another thing that was very curious was his inability to draw Longclaw. I've seen this discussed elsewhere so I'll just point out that he did flex jis hand once earlier in that chapter. That Bowen Marsh wept and claimed to be doing it for the Watch clearly alluded to Brutus.

"Let's kill him boldly, but not wrathfully; Let's carve him as a dish fit for the gods, Not hew him as a carcass fit for hounds:"

And Brutus expected his fellow Romans to be glad, going so far as to persuade his fellow conspirators to ignore Marcus Antonius. Given the strong allusion to the assassination of Julius Caesar I'm assuming that Bowen will expect his brothers to be glad. I don't think he has a plan. And much like Brutus was forced to flee Rome in short order I think Bowen is in a very, very tight spot.

The multple daggers used in the assassination of a leader was not th e only allusion to the assassination of Julius Caesar. Just as Wick barely grazed Jon's neck with the first dagger, Casca was the first to cut Ceaser with a glancing cut to the neck. Just as Ceaser caught Casca by the arm, Jon caught Wick's wrist. Just as Wick retreated and put his arms up, Casca was frighted and shouted for help. That Jon understood this to mean that Wick was denying involvement was very curious. I'm not sure what to make of that other tjan he might have been mistaken. Another thing that was very curious was his inability to draw Longclaw. I've seen this discussed elsewhere so I'll just point out that he did flex jis hand once earlier in that chapter. That Bowen Marsh wept and claimed to be doing it for the Watch clearly alluded to Brutus.

"Let's kill him boldly, but not wrathfully; Let's carve him as a dish fit for the gods, Not hew him as a carcass fit for hounds:"

And Brutus expected his fellow Romans to be glad, going so far as to persuade his fellow conspirators to ignore Marcus Antonius. Given the strong allusion to the assassination of Julius Caesar I'm assuming that Bowen will expect his brothers to be glad. I don't think he has a plan. And much like Brutus was forced to flee Rome in short order I think Bowen is in a very, very tight spot.

Julius Caesar: Secret Targ, amiright?

When Jon comes back, he can't still be Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, because he won't even be a sworn brother of the Night's Watch.

Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death.

Jon has died, and therefore his watch has ended, even if he is then resurrected.

I have to say I am starting to think (if Jon comes back, whatever.....)

That when he wakes up he will have a silver streak in his hair like Rogue, and possibly icy purple eyes.

You mean like Baelor's son Valarr having brown hair with a silver-gold streak running through it? It would be his Targaryen genes being activated from dormancy like his Targaryen identity.

Re: LC 998, 999 or 1000..

With the doubt that's been cast on the actual number of LCs through history, I can't get too invested in what number or numbers Jon would fill on that list...If I was to get all caught up in whether it's important, I'd be much more interested in # 999.

Three is a very magic number - 9=3x3 - That's magic multiplied by magic.It's a powerfully magic equation. Then looking at 999, three such magically powerful equations joined together .. well, how much magic do you want? And if the count is right , we know one LC had his name stricken from the list.. Men can strike off a name, but that's a political act.. If the count is important to the magic of the Wall , the magic probably still counts that LC. So, for all we know, Jon may already be #999.

I don't think Jon is dead, but if he needs any magical intervention to survive , I think it will have to be magic that's compatible with the magic that raised the wall...or.. there's even a chance that Jon may already embody enough magic on his own to make intervention unnecessary.

Now that's off my chest..

I can't think Selyse will be in a position to appoint anybody.When Stannis was there with his army, he could have imposed his choice on the watch, but Selyse wouldn't have the swords to back her choice. And I can't think Bowen (if he's not killed on the spot) would be accepted as an authority figure, in any case. If you add up the possible numbers, Jon is surrounded by many more friends than enemies. Assuming the wildlings make it out of the shieldhall quickly (and I do .. Jon had not had a chance to send them their ale).. Jon's opponents are screwed.

I have to walk my dog now, and finish this later.. but I just want to add that everyone knows both Selyse's party and Wun Wun have been extended guest right, equally. Jon pointed that out to her party when they arrived at CB and many NW were also on hand at the time. The World book tells us that the farther north you go the more hallowed the laws of hospitalty are held to be.. pointing out that breaking guest right was the Rat Cook's worst crime.. ;)

Selyse might find herself at least under house arrest until Jon can decide how to deal with her..

Hm. I think Marsh and others are hopelessly outnumbered, as a good portion of the Watch still sides with Jon, as do the wildlings, as will Mel, probably.

Who would be Mark Antony in this scenario? You need someone who was loyal to Jon, and who is a good orator. Since a majority of the people at CB are wildling, you need someone to appeal to them. Tormund and/or his member? Mel?

Hm. I think Marsh and others are hopelessly outnumbered, as a good portion of the Watch still sides with Jon, as do the wildlings, as will Mel, probably.

Who would be Mark Antony in this scenario? You need someone who was loyal to Jon, and who is a good orator. Since a majority of the people at CB are wildling, you need someone to appeal to them. Tormund and/or his member? Mel?

Tormund is Mark Antony. Mel could be Cleopatra..

With the Julius Caesar thing, I'm not sure there will be an Antony..partly because I don't think Jon is dead, and partly because I don't think George will do a completely accurate allegory. He'll change it up somewhere along the line .. and I think many people overlook that he does also have a Cassius figure in Alliser Thorne. Cassisus was the one who manipulated all the others into going that far, including using forgeries (hello-o-o, pink letter).

I think there may be a surprise positve outcome in bridges being built between the NW who were loyal to Jon and the wildlings..Even someone like Othell , who I'm betting, was not in on the conspiracy, may overcome some of his prejudice and superstition when he finds himself on the same side with the free folk , and stranger still, with Wun Wun.

With the Julius Caesar thing, I'm not sure there will be an Antony..partly because I don't think Jon is dead, and partly because I don't think George will do a completely accurate allegory. He'll change it up somewhere along the line .. and I think many people overlook that he does also have a Cassius figure in Alliser Thorne. Cassisus was the one who manipulated all the others into going that far, including using forgeries (hello-o-o, pink letter).

I think there may be a surprise positve outcome in bridges being built between the NW who were loyal to Jon and the wildlings..Even someone like Othell , who I'm betting, was not in on the conspiracy, may overcome some of his prejudice and superstition when he finds himself on the same side with the free folk , and stranger still, with Wun Wun.

Hmm... Cassius was also a fierce antagonist whom Caesar tried into an ally, or at least make use of...

You mean like Baelor's son Valarr having brown hair with a silver-gold streak running through it? It would be his Targaryen genes being activated from dormancy like his Targaryen identity.

Yup exactly like that!! Like how a traumatic event can turn someones hair white, this would give Jon a new Targ style :D

I have to say I am starting to think (if Jon comes back, whatever.....)

That when he wakes up he will have a silver streak in his hair like Rogue, and possibly icy purple eyes.

Guess the undeadness brings out his Targaryen features? :P

^^^ I hope with all my heart that he is not 'undead'. I want him to either be all the way 'regular' alive, or for him to stay dead..... Although GRRM is the one who has such a problem with Gandalf coming back as 'The White'. So who the hell knows...........when is the freaking release date for WoW?!?!?!?

Archived