Star Wars vibes?

Corvinus85

I must not be much of a Star Wars fan, because none of this makes any sense to me. I have no idea what scenes you are trying to reference here.

I understand this, at least.

Theon pushes Myranda it's similar to how Vader pushed Palpatine.

I must not be much of a Star Wars fan, because none of this makes any sense to me. I have no idea what scenes you are trying to reference here.

I understand this, at least.

Theon pushing Myranda - just like Vader throws the Emperor while he is torturing Luke

Arya seeing her face - like Luke sees his face on the corpse of a fake Vader he kills in the tree hollow on Dagobah where the Dark Side was strong (Empire Strikes Back)

Jaime was pretty much going to say "I am your father" only they changed that with Myrcella already knowing, since it would have been too similar to the iconic scene in Star Wars.

I also saw those references to LOTR.

high septon:"you will have to walk around king's landing naked"

cersei:"but we made a deal"

high septon:"i am altering the deal pray i don't alter it any further"

lol, should have seen this one too.

Doesn't matter how much of a cultural phenomenon something becomes (and GoTs is pretty big ATM), nothing in our current lifetimes seems to have more cultural impact than Star Wars.

The Bible.

Theon pushing Myranda - just like Vader throws the Emperor while he is torturing Luke

Arya seeing her face - like Luke sees his face on the corpse of a fake Vader he kills in the tree hollow on Dagobah where the Dark Side was strong (Empire Strikes Back)

Jaime was pretty much going to say "I am your father" only they changed that with Myrcella already knowing, since it would have been too similar to the iconic scene in Star Wars.

I also saw those references to LOTR.

lol, should have seen this one too.

Myrcella was like Leia. I know. Somehow..I always knew. and her eye movement and the silence of Jaime are exactly like that scene on the Moon of Endor.

I didn't get any Star Wars vibes this episode, however, in the previous episode the daznak's pit scene unfolded just like the Geonosis arena battle when Count Dooku's (RIP Christopher Lee) droids surrounded the handful of surviving Jedi. Then the help came fly in, just like Yoda had on the clone ships. I absolutely loved that scene from Attack of the Clones.

Heh, I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw that.

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/23100000/The-Arena-Battle-of-Geonosis-star-wars-attack-of-the-clones-23123837-750-423.jpg

Ser Barristan, the way he entered and how he held his sword, exactly like Guiness in the first Star Wars.

It's been mentioned, but I agree, the arena was a total remake of Geonosis. Only lacked a moment where Hizdahr would raise his hands and tell them how honourably they fought.

You see, everytime they copy scenes, it becomes alright :lol:

Ser Barristan, the way he entered and how he held his sword, exactly like Guiness in the first Star Wars.

It's been mentioned, but I agree, the arena was a total remake of Geonosis. Only lacked a moment where Hizdahr would raise his hands and tell them how honourably they fought.

You see, everytime they copy scenes, it becomes alright :lol:

Your Grace! You fought honorably, you fought valiantly, you fought nobly and now you die.

Oh that would have been funny.

Your Grace! You fought honorably, you fought valiantly, you fought nobly and now you die.

Oh that would have been funny.

And then Dany, who actually wore nearly the same outfit than Padme in the movie, yells: "Look!"

with the Republic Gunship Dragons coming to (laser)fire the enemies.

later:

Jorah- Wan: I have to admit, without the dragons, it would not have been a victory.

Tyrioda: Victory? Victory, you say?

Tyrioda: Ser Jorah, not victory. The shroud of the Targ Side has fallen. Begun this Dragon Dance has!

dada dadadaa daa da dadada duuu duu duuuu du du du duu duu duuuuuuuuu

And then Dany, who actually wore nearly the same outfit than Padme in the movie, yells: "Look!"

with the Republic Gunship Dragons coming to (laser)fire the enemies.

later:

Jorah- Wan: I have to admit, without the dragons, it would not have been a victory.

Tyrioda: Victory? Victory, you say?

Tyrioda: Ser Jorah, not victory. The shroud of the Targ Side has fallen. Begun this Dragon Dance has!

dada dadadaa daa da dadada duuu duu duuuu du du du duu duu duuuuuuuuu

:lol:

long long ago in a slaver's bay far far away....

I definitely felt a Darth Vader looking at the Emperor and saving Luke while tossing the Emperor over the edge.

So would Jorah be Chewbacca since he is supposed to be hairy?

Tyrion - R2D2

Jon - Luke

Dany - Princess Leia

Uncle Benjen - Uncle Owen

Missande - C3PO

Daario - Han Solo

Jojen or Bloodraven- Yoda?

:lol:

long long ago in a slaver's bay far far away....

The Unsullied are the clone trooper/stormtrooper that are supposed to be the finest soldiers in the galaxy, bread for fighting, yet die all the time.

Daario is Anakin. Her best fighter. orphan. And you just aren't sure if he is good or evil.

Dany is Padme, for sure. Great ruler, a bit clumsy, wants to be a fighter, is good at it and bad at it. People try to assassinate her, anticapitalist. Guys in weird robes with weird faces hate her guts.

Tyrion is Jar Jar Binks. weirdo. funny. clumsy. mocked. in power over a city. (seriously, bold move Padme, assigning Jar Jar as your vice)

Jorah is Mace. He mistrusts Anakin/Daario, but comes off as a dick for it. He is good at killing fan favourites.

Barry is Obi Wan.

Grey Worm is Cody, Obi Wan's favourite clone.

Archived