LGBTQI - We're here, we're...you know the rest of it

karaddin

I might be wrong, but I think what Deedles was referring to, is the display of one's gender on every post, rather than its inclusion in the member profile, where nothing has changed from the old forum version.

exactly. Thank you Robin. i just don't think it adds anything positive to the forum, and potentially is a negative.

Anyway, has there been any further negative or positive feedback after your wedding? 

We all make mistakes from time to time Robin, it's best to be kind and forgiving to yourself when you make them. You'll remember and probably not make this one again even if you do decide it's OK.

Yeah, it's unlikely that I'll do this again. Not much chance of me getting married again :-P

Yeah yeah, you know what I meant pedant!

Congratulations btw :D So glad you got it done and that despite your expectations it was so meaningful to you.

Not much chance of me getting married again :-P

Congratulations to you and your beautiful wife!  :faints appropriately from heartbreak: 

I wouldn't worry too much.   I think you can edit post if needed.  I know, I know, I'm a day late and dollar short with my Monday morning quarterbacking over here.  I'm glad to hear that some relatives are showing their love and support.  

I wish you all the peace, quiet, love and privacy that you have earned.

exactly. Thank you Robin. i just don't think it adds anything positive to the forum, and potentially is a negative.

It is hard-coded into the forum software and at present there is no way to remove it. Those who feel uncomfortable sharing their own gender to the public should either choose "not telling" or, if the option is available, choose the blank space at the top of dropdown (above "male"). The latter will make the gender field disappear entirely from your profile.

Congratulations to you and your beautiful wife!  :faints appropriately from heartbreak: 

I wouldn't worry too much.   I think you can edit post if needed.  I know, I know, I'm a day late and dollar short with my Monday morning quarterbacking over here.  I'm glad to hear that some relatives are showing their love and support.  

I wish you all the peace, quiet, love and privacy that you have earned.

She's already said, "it's out there, so nothing can be done", and seems content that it won't pose a major problem.  It's just my obsession about such things, that remains.

It is hard-coded into the forum software and at present there is no way to remove it. Those who feel uncomfortable sharing their own gender to the public should either choose "not telling" or, if the option is available, choose the blank space at the top of dropdown (above "male"). The latter will make the gender field disappear entirely from your profile.

That's a nice hack. ;)

currently, the usual policy is that they put you in a jail matching the gender on your birth certificate, so trans people only go to the right one if they've had it legally changed.

In fairness I think the policy is trans people only automatically get sent to a prison for their legal gender. If there's reason to do so there's still the capacity for a review to send people to the correct facility without requiring people to change their legal gender. 

Overall I think that's probably the right general outline of what the policy on this issue should be but perhaps the guidelines the reviews are operating under need to be improved. 

So, I have a question(s) for particularly the lesbian and trans- community- I need write a lesbian POV without delving into creepiness. Part of me just wants to withdraw the sexual component completely based on a fear of over or under representing sex in a relationship. The character however, feels incomplete without going into this aspect of her life do to fact she's in a long-term relationship from the beginning. Yes, she is a hero, no- her partner doesn't make it through the story thought she is alive for most of it, and yes it is a life changing event for her. ( I imagine that a death of a loved one is always going to be a life changing event however...)

So, I have a question(s) for particularly the lesbian and trans- community- I need write a lesbian POV without delving into creepiness. Part of me just wants to withdraw the sexual component completely based on a fear of over or under representing sex in a relationship. The character however, feels incomplete without going into this aspect of her life do to fact she's in a long-term relationship from the beginning. Yes, she is a hero, no- her partner doesn't make it through the story thought she is alive for most of it, and yes it is a life changing event for her. ( I imagine that a death of a loved one is always going to be a life changing event however...)

So let me get this straight... you're asking our lesbian and trans boarders for their input on your steamy lesbian sex scenes? Are you unfamiliar with the ways in which two women have sex? Are you looking for colorful euphemisms for the clitoris? 

There is pretty much zero chance this request will be perceived as non-creepy in any way. 

So.... you want someone to contact you via PM if they are willing to volunteer? And will you also include bisexual women with motss relationship experience in your solicitation for help?

Archived