Dating 28 - People aren't fish, just fishy

The English teacher has started bombarding me with texts and has asked me out on two more dates and we haven't even met for coffee yet.

I'm breaking the coffee date and maybe getting another dog.

I'm swearing off men.    :ack:

That's unfortunate ES - and weird.😕

I will admit I'm a terrible flirt - in the sense that I do my best to warn everyone once that I'm obnoxious, but in fact harmless. I don't think I flirt like normal people/ women - I just make hugely inappropriate jokes to mixed company and it seem to be oddly charming.

And as this is the first time I've posted in this thread, I will take a moment to thank you all for the entertainment & continuing education. I'm grateful to live vicariously through you. ❤️

Hi all!

Im sorry i created this post in the wrong forum so here we go 

So i met this girl. She was studiyng to be a nurse. She had this little flat so we mostly spent time in my flat.

She was totally cool, we drank beer, smoked a few joints together and i fell for her so much! What a babe i thought. Im kind of a stoner myself. To meet a girl who share everything i like was awesome. So we hung out for a few months then i asked if she wanted to move in with me. Her student flat was expensive so it made sense since we hung out all the time anyway. But this is when the problems started. 

She did an 180 on me. First she started to look on my phone, read my sms. i thought it was cute, She cares about me and all.

After a while she was angry at everything. Late from work? "why are you late, your food is cold". "you watch football again, didnt they play a few days ago?"

Then i got a call from my mother and Linda had called her. Telling my mother i drink to much beer.

It seems like i cant do anything right with her. If i play playstation she is like "you always play on that thing" so i pick up a book and shes like "you always read"

i cant win.

i tried to leave her. i left my flat and went to a friend but she sent me sms and said; "when you come home again i will hang in the kitchen"

What should i do? I care about her and dont want her to feel bad but what should i do?

Hey i suggest posting this in the Dating Thread

Eta:
Oh jesus
"Hang in the kitchen" ?
This sounds like emotional manipulation of the finest or worst i guess. Sorry to hear mate :( like i said tho a lot of good people in the dating thread might be able to give better advice than me

Hey i suggest posting this in the Dating Thread

Eta:
Oh jesus
"Hang in the kitchen" ?
This sounds like emotional manipulation of the finest or worst i guess. Sorry to hear mate :( like i said tho a lot of good people in the dating thread might be able to give better advice than me

Thanks buddy.

I just dont know how to tackle this. it seems to go in circles. I try to leave but she send me 1000 sms " i dont have roof over my head" so i let her come and she promise to be better but then we back again.

If you feel so bad about her not having a roof, give her some money to stay in a hotel for a couple of days.  She sounds insecure and jealous as hell.

If she really wants to be better, she needs to grow outside of your relationship.

The English teacher has started bombarding me with texts and has asked me out on two more dates and we haven't even met for coffee yet.

I'm breaking the coffee date and maybe getting another dog.

I'm swearing off men.    :ack:

I swear, we should write a book called "How to terrify middle aged ladies".  Don't give up, ES, but run the hell away from this one.

Hoffa,

You need to dump her.  She is manipulative and abusive.  I'd give her a deadline to move out.  Really sorry, man.  That sucks.  I'd dump anyone who snooped.

Meeting the sister's bf this afternoon.  As amusing as Terra's advice is, I'm going to put the reins on MYSELF and try to be nice.  She really likes this one and from photos....ahem...I approve.  

A woman I'm talking to is irritated with me because I fundamentally oppose the movies as a location for a first date. As far as she's concerned, a date is a date. Meh. What say y'all?

I agree with you.  I would like to get to know someone first.  But that's just me.

A woman I'm talking to is irritated with me because I fundamentally oppose the movies as a location for a first date. As far as she's concerned, a date is a date. Meh. What say y'all?

I say 'why does she wanna go to the movies so bad?' and also, 'why do we need to qualify a date?' and... 'MEH'.

You obviously have got game, if she doesn't suit you, move the fuck on.

What should i do? I care about her and dont want her to feel bad but what should i do?

Question: 

Is her not feeling bad as a result of doing bad things to you more important than your own comfort? Is providing a place to stay for her more important than having your place feel safe and accessible to yourself? If so, then do nothing. 

If not, break up with her and ask her to move out. 

She's controlling, emotionally manipulative, and has co-dependence tendency. If you stay, she will suck your soul dry. Her not having a roof over her head is not your problem. She needs to be an independent adult (see co-dependence comment above) and deal with it. 

Re: LFiTA

You're right that a movie is not a good first date. Unless it's sort of casual and something is happening before or after. 

Re: ES

That escalated quickly. Or are we talking about regular selfies?

Archived