Dating 28 - People aren't fish, just fishy

I don't think I can ask out Englishwoman as much as I'd like to, I saw her today and came to that conclusion. For some reason I just can't bring myself to do it.

Start by making her the perfect cup of tea, accompanied by scones (the British variety), clotted cream and jam. You cannot go wrong.

The toilet thing is beyond dumb, except for the cat thing. I put seats down because I know it annoys some people, but you are a grown-ass adult and can look and see whether the seat is down before you sit.

Edit: Chats, you said "we," as in women. That was the sticking point.

Start by making her the perfect cup of tea, accompanied by scones (the British variety), clotted cream and jam. You cannot go wrong.

I'm not even English and this would work for me.

Leaving things as other people intended (as demonstrated by "this is how they had it") in their homes is courteous.

100% this.  Especially if it is your first time in someone else's house.  

RE: the pace thing: there's two aspects that I dislike about this guy.  #1: he moved things forward too quickly - he stuck his tongue in my mouth and tried to touch a boob while outside the bar on the street.  Ugh. On top of that, he literally moved too fast.  Like, tongue darting in and out all stabby-stab-like, and his hands were all over the place in rapid motion.  Slow the fuck down, dude.  Just bad timing coupled with bad technique. I'm giving him one more shot. This time we are going to dinner and drinking will not be the main/only event, so I can get a feel for if this is standard practice or just drunk sloppiness.

AG, The picture in my head for that little performance is funny / repulsive.

Then I redefined "speed-dating" with this picture in my head and I nearly fell off my chair.  I hope he SLOWS THE FUCK DOWN.  If not, hand him a "World's Fastest Boob-Toucher" award and walk away.  Quickly.

I have no rational reason to be afraid. She tells me how good I'm looking every time I see her. She heard me stutter today and it kind of freaked me out.

This is the part where I psych myself out and give myself another thing to add to my list of regrets.

If you know, then why are you still doing it? 

This is the part where I psych myself out and give myself another thing to add to my list of regrets.

You seriously need to stop that.  You are a good looking, fun, nice guy.  The worst she can do is reject you. 

Thank you kindly, it means a lot to me. I'm actually more afraid of her saying yes.

I can relate to this big time. So much dating advice boils down to "don't be afraid of rejection," and my response is that rejection isn't what I'm afraid of.

Thank you kindly, it means a lot to me. I'm actually more afraid of her saying yes.

Bingo!

I've seen you sabotage yourself over and over. You are afraid of the next level.

STOP IT.

You are worthy and deserve a loving partner. Your awesomeness totally shines through in spite of yourself.

I have no rational reason to be afraid. She tells me how good I'm looking every time I see her. She heard me stutter today and it kind of freaked me out.

AMP, I have to step in here. I am a stutterer also. And yes it made my life hell when I was young and single. I was as self conscious as it was possible to be and I was scared stiff of talking to any woman as I was terrified of stuttering in front of her and being rejected. Bottom line, if she really does like you, she will not care about the stutter. Step up! What do you have to lose?The worst thing that can happen is that you end up alone, but the reward vastly outweighs the pain. Trust me. I have been there. It will work out.  :cheers:

Archived