(Spoilers)True Detective Season 2: gold teeth optional

Elder Sister

Only now watched 5th episode. I guess now is the time to say that I simply cant get into this season. All the characters are forgettable and the story is not that compelling. Kitsch story is just god damn awful. Why is he even there?

Watch him be the birdman and the biological father of Ray's son. 

lol

I miss the first season. It was full of symbolism and we had so many things to talk about and theorize after each episode. This season is just meh.

Totally agree. I really, really, REALLY  loved the first season. I couldn't wait to watch the next episode after each one and found it genuinely eerie and scary. This one is boring as hell tbh. 

Totally agree. I really, really, REALLY  loved the first season. I couldn't wait to watch the next episode after each one and found it genuinely eerie and scary. This one is boring as hell tbh. 

Agreed. So much mystery and awesome discussion during Season 1's run. Pizolatto really shit the bed with this one.

Tbh a lot of the theorizing in the first season was just people looking into shit that wasn't even there :P

That's why it was soooo fun!!!! I LOVED the weird ''is it supernatural or not???'' vibe throughout the whole thing. 

And the dialogue really, really worked in season one with Rust Cohle and Marty. They were good characters, interesting, flawed and not like the 2D ones this season, but there's still 3 eps and I don't hate it, I'd have to feel something to muster that kind of emotion, I'm just really bored with it and uninspired. 

Tbh a lot of the theorizing in the first season was just people looking into shit that wasn't even there :P

I've been grateful this season not having to wade through countless pages of outlandish theories that had no basis whatsoever tbh. I think some of the people that were dissapointed with the ending because it did turn out to just be cop show about two detectives.

Also, no Ginger love fest this season has been nice too. :leaving:

I've been grateful this season not having to wade through countless pages of outlandish theories that had no basis whatsoever tbh. I think some of the people that were dissapointed with the ending because it did turn out to just be cop show about two detectives.

Are you a full-time FUN HATER or is this just a hobby?

I miss Ginger, of course, but it has been nice not to have to try to figure out what Barbie dolls and paintings on Marty's refrigerator mean, so I do get what you're saying.

You need that kind of stuff in a ''fandom'' though. Not just a bunch of people grumbling about how boring something is lol. 

I just never got into all that crazy stuff people were predicting in the first season. I just really liked Rust & Marty, and the way the show was shot. I can deal with some theorizing and whatnot, but it was out of control last season. It was literally a thread per episode.

The outlandish theories did become a bit tiresome after a while. The thing with season one is that even though it turned out to be just a cop show, it was a fun ride. This season - not so much. I regularly find myself ending up doing something else during the episodes, like playing a game on my phone, whereas with season 1, I sat glued to the television.

The outlandish theories did become a bit tiresome after a while. The thing with season one is that even though it turned out to be just a cop show, it was a fun ride. This season - not so much. I regularly find myself ending up doing something else during the episodes, like playing a game on my phone, whereas with season 1, I sat glued to the television.

It's nowhere near as compelling, that's for sure. I think Velcoro is a good character, but the rest have fallen a bit flat so far. I agree with those who've said they should have focused on Ray & Ani. I think Cary Fukunaga has been sorely missed this season as well.

Few good scenes, lot of bad scenes, not much connecting the good scenes together. I'm pretty checked out of the season at this point, only still watching to see how the mystery gets resolved. 

The music during the party was just bizarre. It was so distracting to me.

And why didn't Frank tell the Mexican criminals to go screw themselves when he realized they'd killed the girl? What's his reason for going along with them?

Also, it's obvious now that Annie is the one who was molested as a child. The scene of her remembering/having flashbacks was disturbing.

The music during the party was just bizarre. It was so distracting to me.

And why didn't Frank tell the Mexican criminals to go screw themselves when he realized they'd killed the girl? What's his reason for going along with them?

Also, it's obvious now that Annie is the one who was molested as a child. The scene of her remembering/having flashbacks was disturbing.

It had a very old school feel to me, almost like something from a Hitchcock movie maybe. Definitely seemed out of place for this show.

I did like Ray throwing on his headlights as he hit the main road to make their getaway. Thought it was kinda cool.

Glad Ani saved herself too. I was expecting Paul to come in guns blazing when the guy had her by the throat.

Archived