Rant and Rave Without Repercussion: Season 5 Continued (Book Spoilers)

Chebyshov

Talisa Maegyr would make an epic LSH. Hell they should just have all the regulars play different chars next season...

Didn't they already do that in season 5? Cersei played Jaime, Sansa played Jeyne Poole, Jaime played Butterbumps, Tyrion played Baelor the Blessed and Ramsay played a main character ...

Tbh honest. The Hound is only interesting to me as Sansa's love interest: he is there to serve her needs/development, and be devoted to her (he saves Arya out of love for Sansa) since D&D clearly despise Sansa, and want her to be Tyrion's reward :bang: , I don't want the Hound to come back. He'll probably find a way to praise St Tyrion. :ack:

Oh what would Book Sansa say if she could watch the show and behind the episodes?

Agree, Sandor is in the story for Sansa. Looking after the bratty sister, he did it for her. They even had him say, "Ask her, if you ever see her again, ask her who came back for her" which was one of their better lines, because that's what he wants more than anything, to see her again, and that's why they would bring him back.

That said, I dread what they will do to him. Better off dead than praising St. Tyrion. GRRM did have him say "Eat shit, dwarf" in Blackwater, but they are like honey badger, they don't care. Although if they wanted him to hook up with Osha, since Fansa doesn't have a brain and will be busy being miserable, that would be fine.

Didn't they already do that in season 5? Cersei played Jaime, Sansa played Jeyne Poole, Jaime played Butterbumps, Tyrion played Baelor the Blessed and Ramsay played a main character ...

... and Hizdahr played Sansa, the 'Sandsnakes' played Darkstar, Brienne played Loras (the revenge for Renly thing), Loras played a map of Westeros, Daenerys played Aerys II, Jorah played JonCon, Margaery played Cersei's paranoid fantasy, Olly played Ghost...

I hear you. Hmm maybe next season will get so meta that GRRM, D+D will insert themselves as actors...

If GRRM would play Wyman Manderly, I would actually be very excited. But alas, it has become too late for Frey Pies now...

Mmh, who should D&D play? What would be shocking enough for them to deserve? Maybe one of them should play a poor shmuck who blew Euron's dragonhorn. If they would stick even a tiny bit to the books I would have said Khal Jhaqo for the other one, but since they are hellbent to make Dany get taken instead of incinerating the bastard and take over the khalasar, this wouldn't be so exciting.

Hey, since the BwB makes a return, can't we make the introduction of the Mad Huntsman with them? :devil:

... and Hizdahr played Sansa, the 'Sandsnakes' played Darkstar, Brienne played Loras (the revenge for Renly thing), Loras played a map of Westeros, Daenerys played Aerys II, Jorah played JonCon, Margaery played Cersei's paranoid fantasy, Olly played Ghost...

:laugh: :crying:

I think my biggest gripe is that all these big moments felt contrived and really didn't change anything. Sansa didn't need to be raped. Jaimie didn't need to go all the way to Dorne. Brienne didn't need to wait for a candle light. All these arcs led to nothing in terms of progression for any of these characters and in the case of Sansa, she regressed. What was the point of any of this? Why not adapt the real story right off instead of waiting to finally bring it back for season 6? The show depresses me. I am tired of it's perpetuation of rape culture and the ridiculous defenses of it's creators, writers, and actors. In addition, I think I can live without hearing any more messed up comments from the teen actors of the show acting like this shit is normal. I get that they're young but God, I was never that ignorant and blissful in my ignorance.

... oh, and Meryn Trant played Raff the Sweetling, Jaqen played The Kindly Man (which wasn't necessarily a bad thing), Stannis played Agamemnon, Needle played Revenge, Jon played an Action Hero, Alliser Thorne played Bowen Marsh, Aged up Tommen played Child Tommen, Bronn played a sass-talking Ilyn Payne, Barristan played a corpse, a corpse played Jaqen. Littlefinger played a teleporting idiot, Mace Tyrell played Harys Swyft...

Considering how much loss and recovery of identity is used as a theme in the books, maybe it is intentional. :dunno:

Poor Jaime, imagine the Inside the Episode when he dies. He was was never any good, so it's just as well.

Benioff:

"The thing I love about this scene is it could end 30 seconds before it does and it would be really a heartwarming scene... he biologically spawned these three kids... now all of a sudden this young woman is embracing him and saying she's glad he's her father and he's really moved by it... he's feeling the joy of fatherhood for the very first time in his life and it lasts about 10 seconds."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHMuqH7yOQc

:lmao:

Also, I've just noticed how Ellaria doesn't have sex once Oberyn dies. In any other work it would've been natural, because she is grieving the love of her life, but in GoT Loras fucks Ollyvar (because he is soooo gay), but Ellaria couldn't have comfort sex with a woman. But of course, she can evily kiss teenage girl to death.

Don't worry, Sansa and Sandor will be united by their mutual love for St. Tyrion. Well them, along with Dany, Arya, Jon Snow, Davos, Melisandre, Jaime, Brienne, etc., etc.

They will all be united in their worship of St Tyrion: kneeling before the idol of his mighty manhood.

Agree, Sandor is in the story for Sansa. Looking after the bratty sister, he did it for her. They even had him say, "Ask her, if you ever see her again, ask her who came back for her" which was one of their better lines, because that's what he wants more than anything, to see her again, and that's why they would bring him back.

That said, I dread what they will do to him. Better off dead than praising St. Tyrion. GRRM did have him say "Eat shit, dwarf" in Blackwater, but they are like honey badger, they don't care. Although if they wanted him to hook up with Osha, since Fansa doesn't have a brain and will be busy being miserable, that would be fine.

I don't see how his desire to see her again would make them bring her him back. They seem to see Sandor as just a thug, unlike clever, funny, self justifying St Tyrion, who of course deserves the girl.

Blackwater was written by GRRM.. and lol at Honey Badger.

And yes at Fansa lacking a brain.

I don't see how his desire to see her again would make them bring her him back. They seem to see Sandor as just a thug, unlike clever, funny, self justifying St Tyrion, who of course deserves the girl.
Blackwater was written by GRRM.. and lol at Honey Badger.
And yes at Fansa lacking a brain.

I thought they might want to match the books, at least a little, and there's more to come between the two Sans there, but maybe they'd bring him back just to mess with him. He'd almost get to see her, then Brienne would bite off his other ear and kick him down a hill again.

I thought they might want to match the books, at least a little, and there's more to come between the two Sans there, but maybe they'd bring him back just to mess with him. He'd almost get to see her, then Brienne would bite off his other ear and kick him down a hill again.

I presume he'll just be brought back for Clegane bowl. Rather than to focus on his romantic interest. Remember that romance is for girls and girls are stupid.

The show tossed the Tyrion marriage aside, there's nothing there.

[spoiler]In the Mercy chapter parallel, he says we belong together, and she says only when I'm on my knees, then she stands up. And she says never after he gropes her, too.[/spoiler]

(spoiler tagging)

Emilia Clarke sums up GoT perfectly (even though she is referring to season 6): "It’s just go, go, go, go. Shocking moment to shocking moment. Epic moment to epic moment. It’s mental; it’s epic."

I presume he'll just be brought back for Clegane bowl. Rather than to focus on his romantic interest. Remember that romance is for girls and girls are stupid.

I have to disagree with this. Girls have the cooties too.

See here is what D & D are saying: Why would Sandor be interested in girls when there is a flagon of wine and a perfectly good brawl to be had? The answer is: He wouldn't.

Just imagine Sansa complaining the whole time, on some random night, while Sandor and Stranger are having a great old time engaging in heavy drinking and brawling. You know what that would be? It would be a complete buzzkill.

Let's not be unfair to D & D here.

Emilia Clarke sums up GoT perfectly (even though she is referring to season 6): "It’s just go, go, go, go. Shocking moment to shocking moment. Epic moment to epic moment. It’s mental; it’s epic."

Next season is going to be the biggest shitshow now that they're left to their own devices.

Archived