Rant and Rave Without Repercussion: Season 5 Continued (Book Spoilers)

Chebyshov

LOL

Figures, doesn't it? They can't even commit to their own bs, pretty much the same way they can't commit to the story they *were* telling a few yrs back. The same way they can't keep track of what is or isn't going on in their own story - Stannis burning ppl on Dragonstone in s 2.

Everything is half-assed, it's so funny. Couldn't they have whisked him off to NI another way? A less conspicuous way perhaps? Where was he seen, Heathrow? It really is hilarious.

Now what? Are they going to tell us he's there for a round of slapsies with Benioff? :laugh:

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Jon-Snow-Probably-Returning-Game-Thrones-See-Evidence-73158.html

So, why is it Telltale Games Games of Thrones Remembers the North better than season 5 did?  All the 'North Remembers' feels from a vidya game with a fraction of the budget and significantly shorter turn around time.

To actually defend d&d the game is mostly about the north were as the show for whatever reason is about the lannisters and back to insulting them.

The next part of the games out today I think

That would be perfect. How many ways can they diss Cat. Too bad Olly couldn't get in on this somehow. While he was stabbing Jon, he could have said, "Lady Catelyn sends her regards."

That would require them to remember Cat. Which we all know they don't. 

Oh yay for the Hound! I'm really loving these airport fans today :)

If someone sees Joe Dempsie I'll be thrilled... #stoprowing

I knew they were going to bring the Hound back, it's one of those be careful what you wish for things, I wanted him to come back, but now I dread what they will do to him.

I bet Gendry will be back, sounds like they are finally doing the Riverlands. Will he just go back with the BwB after they sold him down the river? Brienne has to tell him he's a Baratheon.

(Oh, wait, Melisandre already did. Sigh.)

I knew they were going to bring the Hound back, it's one of those be careful what you wish for things, I wanted him to come back, but now I dread what they will do to him.

I bet Gendry will be back, sounds like they are finally doing the Riverlands. Will he just go back with the BwB after they sold him down the river? Brienne has to tell him he's a Baratheon.

(Oh, wait, Melisadre already did. Sigh.)

Exactly. And I knew we were supposed to see the Hound again, but with this group you never know. I'm clinging to the little things now. Kit's hair, Hound's airport activities etc. Sadly people from Dorne and Olly are already on the cast list for next season, so I can't pretend 5 didn't happen.

I like hearing the Hound is back but also dreading what they will do to that character. I don't have any hopes for a decent season 6. I think it will get even more nonsensical from here on out. I think I will read recaps next season. I really don't want to contribute to their ratings.

I bet they will show Ramsay's reaction to the death of his beloved Myranda.

They explored Littlefinger's desires, and Ramsay's desires. That's what everyone wanted to see, after all.

They seem to be operating under the premise that good is boring and evil is interesting.
Where as in real life, truly evil people like LF and Ramsay, while they may have interesting back stories (mother's who get struck by lightning, are the product of prima nocta) are pretty simple people.

Goodness is a struggle, which is why it is so much more interesting.

They seem to be operating under the premise that good is boring and evil is interesting.
Where as in real life, truly evil people like LF and Ramsay, while they may have interesting back stories (mother's who get struck by lightning, are the product of prima nocta) are pretty simple people.

Love that.

Yes, indeed, I love the way you put that.

I am really glad this thread is reopened. The showRamsay vs bookRamsay thread is littered with rape apologists and people who do not know the definition of consent. Seriously, it's good to be in a thread with people who understand this stuff and share my rage about the treatment of Sansa and many of the other female characters.

Compare the reviews of GOT to True Detective.  Crticis expect TD to make sense, they expect to be able to follow the plot and for it to make sense, for there to be proper continuity for twists, etc. etc. and when they feel it doesn't, is too muddy or convoluted, it's bashed.  

Contrast with GOT.  All our horses are gone/Mel rode off on a horse within the span of minutes.  No mention.  No mention of the in universe silliness of LF/Sansa/Roose.  The show makes a point of the Hound being wanted and recognized, then leaves the Vale.  No mention. 

Critics don't care if GOT plots make any sense, it's being evaluated on a different basis, not being held to the same standard as other allegedly prestige programming.

The critics are more exigent with series like House of Cards and True Detective. But, one great problem that I see is that the critics usually are more critical with the first season and, after that (when the series gain fame and buzz) they gave good ratings, even when the level of the show declined. 

Archived