Rant & Rave Without Repercussion s 5 continued [book spoilers]

kissdbyfire

You know, it's not like I give them any credit but if they are indeed casting the Riverlands this season, then I suppose things like the Brotherhood and the Red Wedding would be named or referenced. There are Unsullied who have asked whatever happened with Edmure in the books because they mentioned so casually that many would miss it if they didn't rewind the scene or weren't paying super extra attention.

So, Gendry probably would be around. Does anybody knows what he's doing these days? If he's involved with another work, he might not. I'll check twitter, I'm a good stalker :)

Sansa likes men, not boys. Preferably men with dog monikers.

Gendry is in the Riverlands at Orphan Inn hoping to spot Arya. Maybe he runs into Septon Meribrother on the show. Maybe Brienne does, too. And she can tell him, you look just like Renly! And he can say, I know.

Sansa likes men, not boys. Preferably men with dog monikers.

Gendry is in the Riverlands at Orphan Inn hoping to spot Arya. Maybe he runs into Septon Meribrother on the show. Maybe Brienne does, too. And she can tell him, you look just like Renly! And he can say, I know.

Or

"Who's Renly?" :lol:

I know, I couldn't let that pass. That Loras forgot about Renly.

Also, I was just remembering GRRM wrote the scene where Mel tells him who he is. Here's that:

After all the running and fighting, here I am, back where I started.

Do you miss it?

King's Landing?

Your father's house.

Never had a father. Never wanted one.

Haven't you ever wondered where your strength came from? Your talent for fighting?

I'm lowborn. As low as can be. My mother was a tavern wench... I was born in Flea Bottom.

Your blood is noble.

Are you saying my father, he was some lord or...

There. Your father's house.

I'm just a bastard.

The bastard of Robert of the House Baratheon, First of His Name, King of the Andals and the First Men. Why do you think the gold cloaks wanted you? There is power in a king's blood.

According to a lot of facebook comments Gendry is still on the show. He's been traveling with Brienne.

Wow, another coincidence meeting on the horizon! Brienne is so good at casually meeting that she should create a "Finding agency". Can you imagine a movie with that agency. Mysterious man walks into her office and says "Find that woman, blablabla". She says OK, walks out of the building bumps into that woman she told something jadijadijado end of the movie.

Didn't see any sightings this season, there was some last season about Brienne, that turned out to be Pod, but I bet they all end up there again, Jaime, too.

His twitter hint:

Joe Dempsie ‏@joedempsie
Still Goin'.
Helps Knowin'...
#GoT

Didn't see any sightings this season, there was some last season about Brienne, that turned out to be Pod, but I bet they all end up there again, Jaime, too.

His twitter hint:

Joe Dempsie ‏@joedempsie
Still Goin'.
Helps Knowin'...
#GoT

Yeah...either 6 or 7 (now that they are extending the series) he'll definitely be back.

Speaking of casting, can we talk about how annoying the Northern Lords coming in next season is? I don't get how they can simply ignore them as a political faction in season 5, yet bring them in for next season with any of it making sense.

Every time someone questions whether the writers should have written Sansa into Winterfell, the argument that the show is founded in realism springs up; "this is what happened to young women in the historical period". Yes it did. But then they completely ignore the reasoning behind it - the Boltons are using marriage to Sansa as a way of legitimizing their rule of the north, but when the wedding arrives, none of the Northern lords are on hand to witness it, so it doesn't gain the Boltons any legitimacy at all, which eliminates the reason for the wedding to happen in the first place. Without the political aspect of the match represented, this isn't historically accurate at all. And then the Northern lords pop up next season to do the political stuff they should have done in this one, and the writers just hope we won't notice.

It just pisses me off that the show makers appeal to a sense of historical accuracy in order to defend the depiction of sexual violence, yet when it becomes inconvenient to the progression of the plot, it is dropped without another word.

Archived