NFL Preseason 2015: Packers looking for a good diagnosis and Cris Carter is looking for Lee Majors

Trebla

Half serious, like most of my posts in the nfl threads.

ETA: I also don't think it's inconceivable for a celebrity to go full on in the other direction to escape a certain label. Russell Wilson might be trying to shake off the "boring" label just like Miley Cyrus and Justin Beiber were shaking off the "tween" label.

Been playing the new Madden game for a few hours, some good things and bad things.

I almost shut it off immediately when it made me play as the Steelers and listen to Ben Fuckberger 'coach' me, but the new franchise interface is interesting. As is the new catching mechanic.

Been playing the new Madden game for a few hours, some good things and bad things.

I almost shut it off immediately when it made me play as the Steelers and listen to Ben Fuckberger 'coach' me, but the new franchise interface is interesting. As is the new catching mechanic.

I like the drafting, showing the combine results is a great touch. 

The receiving/pass defending is much better, so is the RB AI intelligence.

Damned good...kinda Barry Sanders does QBR...but did you ever see Chris Borland's inverted somersault-diving tackle on 4th down to win the game?

You got me curious. This? Troy Polamalu eat your heart out

I like the drafting, showing the combine results is a great touch. 

The receiving/pass defending is much better, so is the RB AI intelligence.

I was sure I posted that in Videogames, but whatever. I like the RB AI as well, and the way the ball hangs in the air when it's deflected now is great. I've thrown a number of picks because I tried to hit a window but the ball bounced around (extremely realistically) and the DB's hauled it in. I also like the menu music this time around. I don't recognize any of it, and I'm not totally sure what genre it is, but I like it.

You got me curious. This? Troy Polamalu eat your heart out

That looked like he was trying to roll him up for a pin from the top rope.

And in 49er news, Ahmad Brooks is charged with a misdemeanor sexual battery stemming from the 2014 Ray McDonald case. SCHWEET.

Yeah, man...at some point I'm like 'bring it, we need high draft picks' because this shit is relentless. Have read several NFL analysts saying we have literally had the worst offseason in the history of the league.

Yeah, man...at some point I'm like 'bring it, we need high draft picks' because this shit is relentless. Have read several NFL analysts saying we have literally had the worst offseason in the history of the league.

Outside of say the Baltimore Colts and Cleveland Browns backing up the trucks and hoofing it out of town, I'd have to agree. Absolutely horrific. 

This Michael Vick outcry is giving me a migraine. This seems to follow him to every city he goes to. Well, now he comes to Pittsburgh and every stay-at-home mom who's got nothing better to do decides to come to practice with clever posters bedazzled in glitter and various-colored markers. Okay, you've expressed your outrage, and got your face on camera with a nice little interview. Now what're you gonna do? Please, give away your season tickets like you threaten. First of all -- I bet you won't. And if you do, thousands of others will gladly take them off your hands. The guy spent two years in prison for what he did and is now a speaker for the humane society. Yeah, he did a shitty thing, but he paid for it. I don't get this crazed notion that he should suffer for the rest of his life because he was involved in a dog fighting ring. The Steelers signed him because he's the best case scenario as a backup QB. If all goes well, he'll sit on the bench all year long. The people who will boo Vick are probably the same people who'll cheer for the woman-beater James Harrison when he gets a sack. But hey, those same people probably bought their kid a Harrison jersey, so shhhh! We'll keep that one under wraps. So if you wanna boo, cry, yell, pout, boycott, or all of the above - go right ahead! The Steelers will be just fine without you.

(Insert irrelevant Ben comment at your will)

Outside of say the Baltimore Colts and Cleveland Browns backing up the trucks and hoofing it out of town, I'd have to agree. Absolutely horrific. 

Are you kidding? Escaping hellholes like Cleveland or Baltimore automatically qualifies your for Best Postseason Award.

This Michael Vick outcry is giving me a migraine. This seems to follow him to every city he goes to. Well, now he comes to Pittsburgh and every stay-at-home mom who's got nothing better to do decides to come to practice with clever posters bedazzled in glitter and various-colored markers. Okay, you've expressed your outrage, and got your face on camera with a nice little interview. Now what're you gonna do? Please, give away your season tickets like you threaten. First of all -- I bet you won't. And if you do, thousands of others will gladly take them off your hands. The guy spent two years in prison for what he did and is now a speaker for the humane society. Yeah, he did a shitty thing, but he paid for it. I don't get this crazed notion that he should suffer for the rest of his life because he was involved in a dog fighting ring. The Steelers signed him because he's the best case scenario as a backup QB. If all goes well, he'll sit on the bench all year long. The people who will boo Vick are probably the same people who'll cheer for the woman-beater James Harrison when he gets a sack. But hey, those same people probably bought their kid a Harrison jersey, so shhhh! We'll keep that one under wraps. So if you wanna boo, cry, yell, pout, boycott, or all of the above - go right ahead! The Steelers will be just fine without you.

(Insert irrelevant Ben comment at your will)

You've expressed this as well as I ever could have.

I was actually extremely disappointed to see Vick sign with that club (no personal offense meant). The Steelers got one hell of an insurance policy. I wanted him to go to Arizona or NE.

Are you kidding? Escaping hellholes like Cleveland or Baltimore automatically qualifies your for Best Postseason Award.

What if you escape from Cleveland to Baltimore?

What if you escape from Cleveland to Baltimore?

I meant for the fans of those teams. And Rhom has a point. Baltimore to Indianapolis isn't much to crow about either.

You've expressed this as well as I ever could have.

I was actually extremely disappointed to see Vick sign with that club (no personal offense meant). The Steelers got one hell of an insurance policy. I wanted him to go to Arizona or NE.

Arizona would be intriguing seeing as Palmer is a health liability. Actually, Ben is sometimes a healthy liability as well. He's always good for an awkward tumble every year since he's an absolute oppy goon (for as athletic as he can be). 

NFL players always give the obligatory apology after they get busted, but I actually believe Vick is sorry for what he did. It's absolutely childish to still hold that over his head. 

Arizona would be intriguing seeing as Palmer is a health liability. Actually, Ben is sometimes a healthy liability as well. He's always good for an awkward tumble every year since he's an absolute oppy goon (for as athletic as he can be). 

NFL players always give the obligatory apology after they get busted, but I actually believe Vick is sorry for what he did. It's absolutely childish to still hold that over his head. 

No it's not. People can hate who they want. He's lucky he's still in the league. Going to prison has ramifications when it comes to finding employment in most professions. He was given a 2nd chance most people don't get, he can deal with some people booing him, or holding up signs.

Archived