Rant & Rave without repercussion S 5 continued [book spoilers]

kissdbyfire

*sigh*

Again, please try to ignore the troll.

I try not to get too excited about things like this, they may not be true, but I can't help it. HYPED!

Lol, I saw the words "get hype" and I just assumed it was LS hype 4.0. I'm so jaded.

Annnyway, for those interested, I finally finished up my sexism & season 5 essay series tonight. This last section kind of serves as a lovely retrospective: http://gotgifsandmusings.tumblr.com/post/128738011302/got-season-5-sexism-part-9-final-part

Lol, I saw the words "get hype" and I just assumed it was LS hype 4.0. I'm so jaded.

Annnyway, for those interested, I finally finished up my sexism & season 5 essay series tonight. This last section kind of serves as a lovely retrospective: http://gotgifsandmusings.tumblr.com/post/128738011302/got-season-5-sexism-part-9-final-part

Thanks for another great post, and a great series. On the surface the show is bad, but it's when you start to dig deeper like you have for this series that you really see how messed up the show actually is, and how poorly written and thought out the whole thing is. It just makes you wonder how these people got to work on this 'adaption'.

The difference between the HP films and GOT is that the HP films were mediocre adaptations with innocuous changed but GOT is offensive in its awful adaptation.

Granted I didn't watch the last 3 films, but they didn't even have the right eye color for Lily and Harry, right? 

Be still my heart.

I love you.

Or atleast I love this series.

Of course the only reliable info on the publication date for TWoW will be on Martin's Not a Blog. That's why I said 'get hype'. If I'd read about it on NaB I would have said something much more definite and specific.

Excellent!

The difference between the HP films and GOT is that the HP films were mediocre adaptations with innocuous changed but GOT is offensive in its awful adaptation.

Granted I didn't watch the last 3 films, but they didn't even have the right eye color for Lily and Harry, right? 

Don't remember eye colors, but I thought the adaptations were fine. I don't ask for perfection, just not completely different characters and stories. And lots of added offensive stuff.

I had a dream about Game of Thrones Season 6 last night. I think it's quite telling that even in a world where Victarion is the Incredible Hulk and where the cast of The Big Bang Theory live on the Iron Isles (???), this Pilou Asbaek still doesn't make a convincing Euron. 

Pilou Asbæk would make a good Tyrell, and not just because he looks like Finn Jones but he has a sort of kind face, a nice guy vibe. So yeah, totally wrong for Euron. Actually, Richard E Grant would make a much better Euron.

I had a dream about Game of Thrones Season 6 last night. I think it's quite telling that even in a world where Victarion is the Incredible Hulk and where the cast of The Big Bang Theory live on the Iron Isles (???), this Pilou Asbaek still doesn't make a convincing Euron. 

Lol. Sheldon "the Reader" Harlaw :lol:
As for Asbaek I'm holding of judgment there. I never would have pictured most of the cast of Vikings in theor roles there, but 3 seasons in I think they're perfect.
I generally dont have much oc a problem with GoT casting though, its more...everything else for me :p

I think Richard Armitage (spelling?) would've made a good Euron, if they wanted to do a less campy take on him, he has a typical Greyjoy look how I picture them.

Armitage would have been so perfect! Then again I tend to think he'd be perfect in anything. His Francis Dolarhyde in Hannibal was absolutely fantastic.

Lol. Sheldon "the Reader" Harlaw :lol:
As for Asbaek I'm holding of judgment there. I never would have pictured most of the cast of Vikings in theor roles there, but 3 seasons in I think they're perfect.
I generally dont have much oc a problem with GoT casting though, its more...everything else for me :P

I'm also not going to completely dismiss him. Because a.) make up can do wonders and I had much the same complaints against Pascal. and b.) he does look a bit like Theon. But my initial impression of him isn't amazing. 

I'm also not going to completely dismiss him. Because a.) make up can do wonders and I had much the same complaints against Pascal. and b.) he does look a bit like Theon. But my initial impression of him isn't amazing. 

I didn't have any complaints against Pascal, I found the uproar to be sort of strange.  However, a blonde guy who looks like Finn Jones is a weird choice for Euron.  

Granted, their casting has been excellent, with a few missteps, not counting their extremely bizarre habit of randomly recasting people for no apparent reason.  That said, their casting has gotten a little more iffy as time has gone on.  Last year:  sand snakes, awful. Trystan and Myrcella II, not that great. Siddig and Pryce were excellent.  So, more of a mixed bag.

I didn't have any complaints against Pascal, I found the uproar to be sort of strange.  However, a blonde guy who looks like Finn Jones is a weird choice for Euron.  

Granted, their casting has been excellent, with a few missteps, not counting their extremely bizarre habit of randomly recasting people for no apparent reason.  That said, their casting has gotten a little more iffy as time has gone on.  Last year:  sand snakes, awful. Trystan and Myrcella II, not that great. Siddig and Pryce were excellent.  So, more of a mixed bag.

I don't really think the casting of the Sandsnakes was bad. Well Tyene really looks nothing like the book character but other than that - didn't Keisha Castle Hughes win an award for something? It was the writing that was bad, not the casting. But that can be hard to separate. They decided to turn Trystane into a teenage douchebag and I can't really fault the casting if that's what they were going for. But why make Trystane into a teenage douchebag? They got what they wanted, it's just what they wanted was a bad idea.

But anyway, for the most part, despite all the show's flaws the cast is usually stellar. With just a few exceptions. So if I have to give the show the benefit of the doubt in one area it'd probably be the casting. I'm more just worried that this cutesy, chubby faced Euron is an indication that they'll make another Ramsay. 

Archived