Rant & Rave without repercussion S 5/S 6 speculation continued [book and show spoilers]

kissdbyfire

Also the dead son on the altar had no significance in the show scene, other than someone might see, which could have been him wanting sex in any semi-public place. Nothing died there.

Oh yeah, and the finale, going from fucking the woman who wants to kill Tyrion to rescuing Tyrion was bizarre. As soon as I saw they changed the former, I thought they would change the latter. St. Tyrion would rescue himself.

And kissing the golden hand, and the lovely dialogue, "I love my lover." Barf.

Hells, why even have him IN Kings Landing for Joff's death, except to have him do exactly what the writers had that little psycho say: He wasn't fit to be a Kingsguard. Oh, and to snark at Loras. 

And Brienne was there to be homely-shamed by Cersei.

Grrrrr.

Hells, why even have him IN Kings Landing for Joff's death, except to have him do exactly what the writers had that little psycho say: He wasn't fit to be a Kingsguard. Oh, and to snark at Loras. 

Grrrrr.

And Briene never approached Sansa to tell her of her Oath to her Mother and ask her if she needs her etc.. Then, in Season 5, because of not approaching her, Sansa refuses her help at the Inn in front of Littlefinger,  who unbenknownst at the time he was leading her to her rape-marriage.

It just keeps getting worse, the more you think about it. That's right. So Brienne is blamed for not approaching her. But Brienne was never even there in the books. And if she was, she would have gone to her, no matter what anyone said. But Jaime wouldn't have stopped her, either. He didn't care about what the Lannisters thought, this was between them, and he wanted to do the right thing. And they had more book story, on the way back to Kings Landing. Brienne could have found out what happened to Catelyn, and mourned her, and Jaime tried to make her feel better, and ultimately came up with this plan. Ugh.

Grrrrr.

This. Jaime returned early so that Cersei could have a happy ending to Season 3, and so that she (and Joffs) could be right about him later.

But the point is he went from NOT honoring Tywin to honoring him, with nothing in between to account for it.

Here's what happened from the first quote (season 4) to the second quote (season 5):

Jaime says he doesn't want to honor what Tywin built (which is the opposite of what he's saying in season 5).

Jaime says no to Casterly Rock, he says he wants to be Kingsguard instead. Tywin tells him he doesn't have a family (that's disowning him, just like he did in the book scene, when he said you are not my son).

Jaime stands by while Joffrey dies.

He goes behind Tywin's back, and gives Brienne Tywin's priceless gift, and tells her to use that to help the Stark they think killed a Lannister.

He rapes Cersei.

Cersei sexually manipulates him so he will help her to defy Tywin.

He rescues Tyrion, who kills Tywin.

How did he get from there to what he said in season 5? They didn't show it. Not even in the outside the episode.

When they had sex, they switched bodies :dunno:

The Butterfly effect of the seemingly the smallest adjustments they have made on this show have amplified through the seasons. Then, when they try to correct it and have characters to a 180 back an forth, it just confuses it more. They should have just told the terrific story closer to the Novels.

It was when she kissed the golden hand... it's magic! :lol: 

That reminds me. The fact she kisses the golden hand...

His [Jaime's] sister, Cersei, gifts it to him as a replacement for the one that got chopped off last season. In that vein, Clapton designed it as something Cersei would choose to disguise a deformity that she fears. It's beautiful, ornate, and feminine (s).

If she fears it, she shouldn't be kissing it right, even if it's a design she made herself. :dunno:

That reminds me. The fact she kisses the golden hand...

His [Jaime's] sister, Cersei, gifts it to him as a replacement for the one that got chopped off last season. In that vein, Clapton designed it as something Cersei would choose to disguise a deformity that she fears. It's beautiful, ornate, and feminine (s).

If she fears it, she shouldn't be kissing it right, even if it's a design she made herself. :dunno:

Wait, this is too good. Another mini Needle story. So Cersei wanted Jaime to be feminine because she fears losing her sword hand? There's more:

But, the prop actually turned out to embody Jamie's personality in a way Clapton didn't expect. "It became the right thing for Jamie. He's not just this sort of a brutal, sarcastic, callous man. He actually has a really sensitive, quite interesting side." In this case, the character became more like the costume Clapton designed for him. "It was really beautiful in a way," she added.

So yeah, like you said, why is she kissing it? This could be the secret to understanding Carol and Larry. She didn't seem afraid here, or want to kiss it, or any of that:

Cersei recoiled from his stump...

Jaime pushed her away with the stump of his right hand. “No. Not here, I said.”...

"Oh, an angry cripple."...

“His stump, you mean.” She remembered him now. He had come with Jaime from Harrenhal...

He pushed away from her and raised his arm, forcing his stump into her face. “A Hand without a hand? A bad jape, sister. Don’t ask me to rule.”...

Cersei glanced at where the sleeve of her brother’s white silk tunic had been pinned up over his stump...

She gave him a withering look. “And have you fumbling at me with that stump? No. I will let you fill my wine cup for me, though. If you think you can manage it without spilling.”...

Get out, I said. I am sick of looking at that ugly stump of yours. Get out!”...

“Ser Jaime is at his armorer’s being fitted for a hand. I know we were all tired of that ugly stump.”...

“Get out.” She turned her back to him and listened to him leave, fumbling at the door with his stump...

“Are you deaf as well as maimed? You’ll find the door behind you, ser.”

Wait, this is too good. Another mini Needle story. So Cersei wanted Jaime to be feminine because she fears losing her sword hand? There's more:

Yeah, I read that. Looks like the people working for this show from different departments never meet or talk to each other, right? D&d said Jaime was a monster and here is MC saying he's a sensitive guy.

Also, the whole "it's feminine because Cersei chose it!" is nonsense. It was Jaime's idea to have a golden hand because he's fucking rich. Noble men in this kind of times and periods are as "flamboyant" as the ladies because it's a way to prove their power and opulence. The guy has a golden armour, fgs.

Yeah, I read that. Looks like the people working for this show from different departments never meet or talk to each other, right? D&d said Jaime was a monster and here is MC saying he's a sensitive guy.

Also, the whole "it's feminine because Cersei chose it!" is nonsense. It was Jaime's idea to have a golden hand because he's fucking rich. Noble men in this kind of times and periods are as "flamboyant" as the ladies because it's a way to prove their power and opulence. The guy has a golden armour, fgs.

Had golden armour! In the books, I mean. We are not only mourning the beard, we are mourning his costume change from his opulent personal armour to Kingsguard white. But of course in the show they did it reverse, they had white armours in season 1 and now they are golden. When Larry even bothers to wear his cloak at all.

Jaime's clothes have been... dunno... odd. I mean, they look amazing, despite some anachronism, but still, they are totally not Jaime.

Looks like they believe, and this was my point, that fashion and opulence is a "lady" things (or a "gay" thing, cough*Loras*cough). The men of Westeros are also VERY careful of their clothes because this also distinguishes them not only from the commoners but from other nobles. Their clothes make a statement. In Feast, Jaime talks about his clothes a lot: he uses red or golden accordingly to the occasion, there is no shame on that :dunno:

Jaime's clothes have been... dunno... odd. I mean, they look amazing, despite some anachronism, but still, they are totally not Jaime.

Looks like they believe, and this was my point, that fashion and opulence is a "lady" things (or a "gay" thing, cough*Loras*cough). The men of Westeros are also VERY careful of their clothes because this also distinguishes them not only from the commoners but from other nobles. Their clothes make a statement. In Feast, Jaime talks about his clothes a lot: he uses red or golden accordingly to the occasion, there is no shame on that :dunno:

Medieval nobles were so  obsessed with their clothes that they even had sumptuary laws to stop rich commoners from dressing like them (mostly unsuccessfully).

It's so nice to stumble on something and feel like you're not alone, someone UNDERSTAAAANDS:

There are many TV shows I enjoy watching, but none I enjoy watching as much as I enjoy not watching this one. Which is not to say I’ll stop now, though it’s not so much that I’ll hate-watch season six as season six will be hate-broadcast to me, all the remaining women further degraded and Walk of Shame’d into full-blown, full-frontal oblivion. all the scant few remaining Good People grindingly rendered horrible or killed horribly. “Hey, do this logical, pragmatic thing.” “Nah, dogg, I’m gonna do this rash, suicidal, knuckleheaded, ostensibly honorable thing instead.” [Hit by bus.] [Bus raped by another bus.] [Both buses fall off a cliff, explode.] I’ve got enough problems, and so do you.

Just don't stay for the comments. Deadspin (a Gawker site) is a sports blog and most of its commenters are bros, and LIKE the bewbs, bloodshed and badassery.  

"Did Theon and Sansa seriously just push a lady to her death and then leap to safety from that same height?"

I KNOW, RIGHT?

Yeah, skimpy on the CGI snow drift but also, not a big deal or anything but Sansa did not do anything except brace for the arrow. Still after all she has been through, she would not hurt a fly on that show. I think she was bluffing to Theon earlier.

Oh, wait, she did slap SweetRobin, he messed up her snow fort. Raping her, threatening to shoot her with an arrow and pimping her out, no, those do not seem to warrant her physical wrath though.

Yeah, skimpy on the CGI snow drift but also, not a big deal or anything but Sansa did not do anything except brace for the arrow. Still after all she has been through, she would not hurt a fly on that show. I think she was bluffing to Theon earlier.

Oh, wait, she did slap SweetRobin, he messed up her snow fort. Raping her, threatening to shoot her with an arrow and pimping her out, no, those do not seem to warrant her physical wrath though.

:agree: The ten foot deep snow is what was supposed to have saved the other person (forgot who) from dying and only having a broken leg. Theon and Sansa actually had to climb up another 10feet and jump from there... into the dusting of snow on the ground. Maybe it will be Theon who breaks his leg, get recaptured by Ramsay, burned on the Bolton Flaying X that was leaked in photo's, and Sansa begrudgingly runs off by herself and then into Brienne? Sansa still has her Lady Stoneheart hood on... so here we go again with Plot Yahtzee! Plotzee?

CGI was super skimpy but we were able to get 500 faces in House of Dark & Squinty. The Double D's could have atleast thrown a little bone and shown a couple of Ramsay's guys up on the battlements building snowmen. I missed that symbolism as it was so sneaky and in plain sight. If Jon IS at Winterfell in S6, then it could have been a great little clue... but no cuz' it must be too close to a theme or symbolism or magic or fantasy or something. Despite my japes here, I can accept the small changes, but when things are blatantly wrong or insulting or plot-armored, then I get a bristly.

Archived