Football Thread No. WhoCares - Let's keep the conversation going

baxus

I'll probably have it going on my phone while Liverpool/Man City are on my TV. Shame they're on at the same time.

Yep, its a shame.

But, the Classico will be more interesting becoz........ well its the El Classico

Also, there is no clear favourite in the Classico, while City have more or less the upper hand in that game.

You goofy fucks are on all the drugs if you think the result of any league game this weekend will mean as much to club fans as Rep of Ireland qualifying did to those Irishmen, and your utter failure to come up with anything even close to an explanation for why supporting a business over a nation is worth even half a damn is frankly extremely disappointing.

I admit Polish was onto it not believing I was 100% genuine though. Several times over the years I've actively tried not to give a shit about what happens with United, telling myself all the things I've said in this thread, but it's never worked. I was obviously 1,000,000% correct when I said it's a mug's game getting emotionally involved with business/mercenary football, but that doesn't change the fact I'm one of the mugs.

not a single person i know gives a flying fuck about england.  we would all take Newcastle winning the league cup rather than england winning the world cup.  

on board issues, why can't i go to first unread post anymore?  this is fucking shite. 

Well I'm glad that the international break is over and we are back to club football. Two bumper fixtures today. Too bad both games are on at the same time. Re: international vs. club football; outside of the world cup and euros, I don't give a shit about international football, especially all the friendlies which are a nuisance. The club game invokes more passion and is of a higher standard.

You goofy fucks are on all the drugs if you think the result of any league game this weekend will mean as much to club fans as Rep of Ireland qualifying did to those Irishmen, and your utter failure to come up with anything even close to an explanation for why supporting a business over a nation is worth even half a damn is frankly extremely disappointing.

I admit Polish was onto it not believing I was 100% genuine though. Several times over the years I've actively tried not to give a shit about what happens with United, telling myself all the things I've said in this thread, but it's never worked. I was obviously 1,000,000% correct when I said it's a mug's game getting emotionally involved with business/mercenary football, but that doesn't change the fact I'm one of the mugs.

You live in New Fucking Zealand. How many times have you actually been to Old Trafford?

One suspects the bond felt between people who actually go through their club's turnstiles every week is somewhat stronger than plastics who've never ever been to a game. It's very easy to call a club a business, when you're 11,000 miles away and all you see of the club is what is on the telly.

You're talking absolute horseshit. And your Irish analogy is utter bollocks. When was the last time they qualified for a major tournament? Of course they're going to be excited.

Nothing much about the performance to write home about but we got the result. I'm fairly satisfied considering the players we were missing as well as Herrera going off early in the game. This was probably Memphis' best performance in the league and De Gea was superb. Us surging forward towards the end and then getting a late winner brought back memories of the days of SAF. We were the better side and should have won more comfortably.

Freaking dammit! If Coq is injured for too long, we have to hope we can survive decently enough with Arteta/Flamini until the winter break and get someone.

Arsenal will need A LOT of luck for that. They now don't have a ball winner in the squad or any pace in the middle. Play any counter-attacking team and we'll get rocked.

ETA: With all the injuries, Arsenal's attack looks about as effective as United's most of the time. I'd be surprised if we had a shot in open play in the first half. 

ETA2: Just have to hope for more set pieces.

Didn't take Arteta all that long to make his presence felt. Gives up the free kick for first goal then hands the ball into the back of the net for an own goal. This attack is toothless. We won't score again. Hell, haven't had a shot outside of the set piece.

Didn't take Arteta all that long to make his presence felt. Gives up the free kick for first goal then hands the ball into the back of the net for an own goal. This attack is toothless. We won't score again. Hell, haven't had a shot outside of the set piece.

Yeah I was facepalming when I saw Arteta was coming on. The closest thing we have to a ball-winning midfielder is Flamini and he should have been on.

i'll just leave this ridiculous quote from Danny Mills for everyone to think about.

Danny Mills: "Jamie Vardy is in fantastic form but is he world class? No, not yet. How much would you pay for him? Would you pay £10m for him?" 

Yes, i would pay that for him.  and probably another 15-20 Million on top.  

Yeah I was facepalming when I saw Arteta was coming on. The closest thing we have to a ball-winning midfielder is Flamini and he should have been on.

And of course we have to waste yet another substitute on the substitute cause Arteta is worthless (already injured after that sparkling 35 minutes). Not seeing much way we get back in this game and nothing really inspiring on the bench to give us a boost.

Archived