The Walking Dead S6 (no comic spoilers)

AncalagonTheBlack

Didn't really care for this episode. Carol's u-turn didn't make any sense. I did like how Negan's peeps had a bit of characterisation to them though, even with such limited screen time they were more interesting than several cast members that have been there for years.

On 7/3/2016 at 10:03 PM, dooog said:

Saviors death count for the lols... I make it 28 so far :)

8 bikers via Daryl bazooka

2 guards. 3 stabbed to the head in their sleep. 1 who hit the alarm. 3 mowed down on stairwell by Rick. 1 stabbed in the heart. 1 blindsided by Rosita. 2 shot outside while fleeing. 1 shot by Sacha. 1 skull smashed by Daryl. 5 mowed down like lemmings outside armory.

Arm gunshot wound guy. Lung cancer lady stabbed in face. Brunette girl's headshot by Carol. Ginger icequeen lady. Rick's prisoner Spartacus/Negan.

And... 2? guys burned to death by Carol.

Rick's group 35-0 Negan's group. This is getting absurd.

I'm surprised both Carol and Maggie made it out of there. I had a feeling Carol was being set up for an end-of-arc situation, which I still think is probably gonna happen, but obviously not quite yet. 

It was interesting to find out more about how organized the Saviors are, i.e. the radio protocol, the safe house, and the scout squad. At the same time, finding out that stuff makes one wonder how Rick's group is able to go 35-0. That has to change pretty soon.

I really hope the next episode isn't from the POV of Rick and Co given this show's history. I think it's unlikely in which case this was still a good episode.

I think the moral of the story this week was "kill people when you have the chance or you will have to kill a lot more"

I take it Carol will point out that they are all Negan so there's no point thinking this war is over?

Was interesting to see Carol 2.0 in Alicia Witts' character. Some of it was heavy handed, seeing as how Carol was just shown keeping her own scorecard of kills. They seemed to have a lot in common but the other character missed the cues about how fierce Carol can be.

Not quite understanding the whole we are all Neegan thing. I mean, I know a specific character has been cast as Neegan, so is this like a belief system that they all buy into and that's why they say we are all Neegan? And they do seem to be much more organized and well developed group. Radio protocols and safe locations set up ahead of time with food and vehicles stored there. With that said, they are dropping like flies and our group hasn't suffered a loss yet. Setting us up for a pretty bad finale?

Hopefully the group was smart enough to grab all those guns and the ammo before leaving after Maggie and Carol. I would also hope they took all the radios they could find, they could have each one set to a different channel and monitor them to try to get some warning if they were coming to attack or other useful intel(if they also found the charging units).

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

Not quite understanding the whole we are all Neegan thing. I mean, I know a specific character has been cast as Neegan, so is this like a belief system that they all buy into and that's why they say we are all Neegan?

All Saviors are Negan, but some Saviors are more Negan than others.

2 hours ago, dbunting said:

Not quite understanding the whole we are all Neegan thing.

They watched Spartacus a few too many times. It was the apocalypse, they couldn't be picky. 

EDIT: and yes, have to agree. Negan's group look like chumps. 

I think what they were going for is that Maggie being pregnant has discombobulated Carol with PTSD about her own daughter. She is no longer total badass Carol. 

We were supposed to initially think Carol was faking her freak out, but she largely wasn't.

5 minutes ago, Commodore said:

I think what they were going for is that Maggie being pregnant has discombobulated Carol with PTSD about her own daughter. She is no longer total badass Carol. 

We were supposed to initially think Carol was faking her freak out, but she largely wasn't.

I thought the panic attack was all part of her ploy to appear weak? The only "weak" aspect of Carol was in protecting Maggie and maybe seeing a bit too much of herself in the villain of the week which was mainly triggered by the boyfriend beating her.

13 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

See, I'm actually watching this show in the real world.  I'm not entering through some into some other dimensional portal where words don't mean what they actually mean.  There is nothing at all illogical about considering the actions of characters based on our understanding of ethics and morality.  Your Aliens analogy works the same in real life.  We recognize things like self defense and such.  Certainly one can consider the circumstances the characters are in, just as one would in their daily life.  I've acknowledged several times that the group likely needed to take offensive action for their own safety.  

But doing it the way they did was obviously not 'what they needed to do'.  They know they've crossed a line, and now they also know that they seriously fucked up by going in head first without knowing exactly what they were getting into.  And by doing this, they are only different from the Saviors and the Wolves and Terminus and the Governor because we've known them the longest so our sympathy lies most with them.  

See..you can argue all day about killing people in that manner being "bad". It's a fair and old argument.

I don't see how there isn't a clear difference between 'you tried to kill us so we killed you" and "eat everyone who shows up after specifically luring them there for that".

That sort of equivalency seems a bit much.

6 minutes ago, red snow said:

I thought the panic attack was all part of her ploy to appear weak? The only "weak" aspect of Carol was in protecting Maggie and maybe seeing a bit too much of herself in the villain of the week which was mainly triggered by the boyfriend beating her.

I think that's what he means. Carol was faking being very weak, but,even without the act, she's far less confident in murderizing people this episode than she might otherwise have been. You're expecting her to just throw it all off and go sociopathic badass on people but it never happens.

I've seen it partly blamed on Morgan but I dunno. 

Yea, it was a decent episode, but I am getting tired of how the group gets out of these situations with only a scratch or two. Its not realistic at all, to me. Maggie needs to go straight to Alexandria and park her butt in a armchair. Her being in these situations is causing others to be vulnerable. I just want her to be safe and have the baby.  But, they'll milk the Carol/Glenn dynamic til one is dead from protecting Maggie, I'm sure of it. And, what's the deal with "We are all Neegan."? Just come on and bring on the real deal Neegan. 

they haven't done enough to make the need for these mass killings believable 

feels like a "how can we make them lose their humanity even more than we already have? I know, let's have Maggie and Carol light some people on fire."

1 hour ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Yea, it was a decent episode, but I am getting tired of how the group gets out of these situations with only a scratch or two. Its not realistic at all, to me. Maggie needs to go straight to Alexandria and park her butt in a armchair. Her being in these situations is causing others to be vulnerable. I just want her to be safe and have the baby.  But, they'll milk the Carol/Glenn dynamic til one is dead from protecting Maggie, I'm sure of it. And, what's the deal with "We are all Neegan."? Just come on and bring on the real deal Neegan. 

My thought is the next episode will be our group heading back to Alexandria and us seeing the Scout group that she was talking to on the radio following them. Then the last two episodes will be a bloody battle where both sides take major losses. I can see 3-4 of the group dying. I am thinking Carol, Glenn, Abraham, Rosita, something like that, not all of them, but not all red shirts either.

19 minutes ago, dbunting said:

My thought is the next episode will be our group heading back to Alexandria and us seeing the Scout group that she was talking to on the radio following them. Then the last two episodes will be a bloody battle where both sides take major losses. I can see 3-4 of the group dying. I am thinking Carol, Glenn, Abraham, Rosita, something like that, not all of them, but not all red shirts either.

Didn't Carol burn the scouting group that came in?

Wow.

That was my first reaction to this episode. Wow at Maggie's transformation. Just wow.

I must say though, that last "Burn 'em alive" scene was too much even for me. That's just sick, man. Shoot them in an ambush or something, but you don't burn people alive.

Anyway, what's done is done.

I thought Rick murdering that guy in the end was a bit much too, but then again, we certainly didn't want a repeat of Season 2 where Rick tried to keep that bad guy prisoner at the farm while Shane tried to talk sense into him. I guess there wasn't much else for Rick to do but kill the guy. But still, it felt kind of cold blooded.

Bottomline, this was a good episode. Hard hitting and even shocking. Maggie impressed me. Carol is falling apart. And Rick is badass as ever.

I expect a massive Negan backlash in the next few episodes, though. The 35-0 tally is going to balance out real fast.

6 hours ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

After all this buildup, he better show up with flames shooting out of his eyes and his asshole, riding a hover-cycle.  I'm getting seriously sick of hearing about Neegan. 

Speaking of flames, yeah, burning a roomful of people alive was pretty sick, I agree.  But two women with limited firepower between them had how much chance of winning out over a scouting party comprised of ???  She had to make a split-second decision, albeit a disgusting one.  I can almost "respect" this action more than I can the whole scene where, with malice aforethought, in cold blood, people are slipped the knife in their sleep.  (Of course, I'd personally rather the latter death than the former, but still. :unsure:

Archived