Awesome. Awesome to the max.

all swedes are racist

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 2:57 PM, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Well the thread I had for helping name our newborn was lost with the forum upgrade. Anyhow, I promised I would let everyone know when we decided on a name. Feb. 4, Preston Wayne will be our new addition! The Mrs. had reservations about the middle name being Wayne, but caved in because it's the middle name of now 5 generations. So, there you go. Awesome, awesome to the max!

Was there a Wayne in your family tree who warranted such recognition?  Or did it just get to be a tradition?  

45 minutes ago, Tears of Lys said:

Was there a Wayne in your family tree who warranted such recognition?  Or did it just get to be a tradition?  

I have no clue, tbh. Genealogy is something I've recently became interested in pursuing. That would be something actually to get the search started. Nothing has ever been said really, just always passed to the first born son. Except in my case, my second son. And only then after a guilt trip. 

It could go back farther, my grandfather doesn't remember his grandfather's middle name.

• 2 weeks later...

Went skiing for the first time in 7+ years on Saturday. The extreme cold scared everyone off so the mountain was pretty empty, but I dressed appropriately and was perfectly comfortable. Brought hand warmers but didn't need them. I'm sure I've lost a little but I was very happy with my performance given how long it's been. Skied everything up through double black, and didn't fall at all.

Work is closed today for the holiday. It also snowed a couple inches last night and it's still snowing now. I had made an appointment for new tires for today last week, so I kept the appointment. No problems getting there or back, and the new tires are a big improvement. The old tires were getting pretty bald and even on the way home I could feel the difference.

I've seen that story on my FB for months now. It takes a huge person to do something like that and we need a lot more of that, I think. Went to my nieces bball game the other night, and it was Senior Night. One girl had all 4 parents walk out with her. Usually that doesn't happen or if it does, you can see it's very awkward. This wasnt, the family later posted a pic to FB with, "It takes a village to raise a child." on the post. Wish I would see more of that also. In the end, it's about raising decent human beings, no matter how it happens.

23 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

had an absolutely lovely day today weather was great went to a castle took loads of pretty pictures i always feel so happy and healthy when im outside walking in a beautiful place 

I love being able to go outside and take in the scenery. Especially in the countryside.

We also got lovely weather (cold, but bright and sunny) so I got up early and went for a nice long walk. Then I met my mam at Kings Cross and took her to South Kensington to look around the History Museum, and some of the V&A (we didn't have time for everywhere - that place is huge!) Then had a nice wander along to Piccadily, looked in some of the fancy shops en route, then grabbed a bite to eat before she took the train home. A rather nice break from studying and sitting in the flat or uni library!

9 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I love being able to go outside and take in the scenery. Especially in the countryside.

We also got lovely weather (cold, but bright and sunny) so I got up early and went for a nice long walk. Then I met my mam at Kings Cross and took her to South Kensington to look around the History Museum, and some of the V&A (we didn't have time for everywhere - that place is huge!) Then had a nice wander along to Piccadily, looked in some of the fancy shops en route, then grabbed a bite to eat before she took the train home. A rather nice break from studying and sitting in the flat or uni library!

Aw that sounds like a really lovely day! I was with my Mam yesterday as well and my Nan it was lovely. Went Tintangel Castle. 

In work today and the day seems like it's going to be nice outside so customers are going to be in a better mood today so I think today is going to be all right. 

I have a job interview !!!!!! :D I hope I get this job, it will be my second job and with both jobs combined i'll be doing 27 hours a week instead of 15 which isn't so bad !!!! Extra money means I can actually start to save and do the things I want to do!!! omg. Feeling really hopeful and good right now. 

5 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I have a job interview !!!!!! :D I hope I get this job, it will be my second job and with both jobs combined i'll be doing 27 hours a week instead of 15 which isn't so bad !!!! Extra money means I can actually start to save and do the things I want to do!!! omg. Feeling really hopeful and good right now. 

Best of luck with your interview!

Archived