Your Random ASOIAF/TWOIAF/D&E Opinions, Confessions and Dirty Secrets, (making the) 8. [The Seven was cursed]

JonCon's Red Beard

12 minutes ago, The Arthur Smith said:

Actually, i can totally see this happening. But i disagree that Euron might send Garlan's leg to Mace or Olenna.

I heard Wilas becuase it would be some dark humour for his crippled leg

37 minutes ago, The Arthur Smith said:

I doubt Euron knows about Willas being a cripple. Sending Garlan's son to Mace or Olenna would be a f-you to the Tyrells.

Its not exactly a secret that Willas is a cripple. I am sure the Euron has a fairly good idea of who is in charge of the Reach. He chose a good time to attack it to say the least.

On 24/03/2016 at 0:06 AM, Victarion Dondarrion said:

i think the answer is obvious as he's taken jamie lannister as a role model

I think you're mixing their similarities up: Jamie has one hand, whereas Trump has small hands.

On 24/03/2016 at 0:29 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

Missandei is the wrong skin colour. She would be forcibly ejected over the Wall after being found to not have the correct papers, being a freed slave and all

After, of course, some 'enhanced interrogation' to find out if the people of Naath were planning an invasion of no-good rapist scroungers

My random confession is that I am happy to see the same posts on GRRM's Not a Blog site stay the same for days at a time. Sometimes days and days at a time. This polishes my hopes a little bit that he is sticking to his word and doing a lot of work on WInds.

I know he still has a personal life and other work related responsibilities, but I have definitely seen a change in posting habits and topics at least. I will see him at Balticon and I hope he is feeling extra lose-lipped then :D

5 minutes ago, Maester of Valyria said:

I think you're mixing their similarities up: Jamie has one hand, whereas Trump has small hands.

After, of course, some 'enhanced interrogation' to find out if the people of Naath were planning an invasion of no-good rapist scroungers

Oh lawdy, lawdy :lmao:

Who will admit that they get all weepy-eyed when they read this line... 

"We'll go back to the cave," he said. "You're not going to die, Ygritte. You're not."

"Oh." Ygritte cupped his cheek with her hand. "You know nothing, Jon Snow," she sighed, dying.

Not me. I'm like Hodor... 

"This isn't going to be one of those love stories, is it?" Bran asked suspiciously. "Hodor doesn't like those so much."

"Hodor," said Hodor agreeably.

5 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Who will admit that they get all weepy-eyed when they read this line... 

Not me. I'm like Hodor... 

Nothing is compared to what Ned has to do with Lady. It gets all dusty and weird in here when I read that.  :crying:

Or, when in Jon finds Ghost after the eagle attacked him in Clash. 

Or, when we find out that Grey Wind was killed and frankenstuffed onto Robb. 

16 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Nothing is compared to what Ned has to do with Lady. It gets all dusty and weird in here when I read that.  :crying:

Or, when in Jon finds Ghost after the eagle attacked him in Clash. 

Or, when we find out that Grey Wind was killed and frankenstuffed onto Robb. 

Or when Catelyn has second thoughts at the hairdresser's :crying: 

After scrolling through several promising topics that devolved into secret identity crackpottery, I thought I'd paraphrase Old Nan a bit:

"Oh my sweet newcomer to the forums" all the older fans thought, "what do you know of crackpot? Crackpot is for the waiting, my little fan, when the secret Targ ideas pile a hundred feet deep and the YouTubers come howling from their basements. Crackpot is for after Dance, when George RR Martin writes for years, yet fans are introduced and read and grow bored all before the next book comes out while the theories grow tired and threadbare, and the Euron/Daario theory moves through the forums."

Seriously, we need Winds to come out soon or half of us will go looney.

4 hours ago, Maester of Valyria said:
After scrolling through several promising topics that devolved into secret identity crackpottery, I thought I'd paraphrase Old Nan a bit:

"Oh my sweet newcomer to the forums" all the older fans thought, "what do you know of crackpot? Crackpot is for the waiting, my little fan, when the secret Targ ideas pile a hundred feet deep and the YouTubers come howling from their basements. Crackpot is for after Dance, when George RR Martin writes for years, yet fans are introduced and read and grow bored all before the next book comes out while the theories grow tired and threadbare, and the Euron/Daario theory moves through the forums."

I love this :lmao:and I cannot agree more with your last statement.

(I also hope I'm not in the first statement :dunno:)

3 hours ago, Maester of Valyria said:

You know it's late in the game when there are no fresh ships for Sansa.  None.  And not even Moonboy, as we all know. 

3 hours ago, Maester of Valyria said:

:rofl:

20 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

You have a secret Targaryen identity? 

I dunno? Light a match and we will see :D

(I meant to say I Love this... but autocorrect on my phone thought it would be better to confuse people and I hit send without proofreading ^_^)

20 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I love this :lmao:and I cannot agree more with your last statement.

(I also hope I'm not in the first statement :dunno:)

Thank you, and no, your posts always cheer me up and seem to skirt round the more ludicrous crackpottery.

20 hours ago, LongRider said:

You know it's late in the game when there are no fresh ships for Sansa.  None.  And not even Moonboy, as we all know. 

Come to think of it, you're right: there haven't been any SanSan topics lately or anything...THIS IS WHAT WE'VE BEEN REDUCED TO!!!

1 minute ago, Maester of Valyria said:

~~~~snip~~~~

Come to think of it, you're right: there haven't been any SanSan topics lately or anything...THIS IS WHAT WE'VE BEEN REDUCED TO!!!

The good old days of extended pie fights over who marries Sansa next are sadly long gone.  I suppose we should just change the subject to:  'SanSan the secret Targs who will Blow. Your. Mind.' and be happy at that.      

Archived