STP and Velvet Revolver frontman Scott Weiland has passed away

Trebla

Falling Down (I think that's the title) from Velvet Revolver is a great song.

I only discovered it during my Youtube searches for more acts by Myles Kennedy and Slash, who I think are an awesome team. I was quite impressed by Weiland's original delivery of the song. Very emotional delivery, even though I personally prefer Myles Kennedy, who has one of the best voices I have ever heard. Weiland's was more raw, though. Very good performer.

I was just coming here to post this.

Super talented frontman, some really great songs from STP.  They headlined the first night of my first festival show...15 years old, night fell, and this madman in a blue button-down comes careening onto the stage and never stops bursting with talent and charisma.

RIP, Scott Weiland.  You and your band helped shape my entire music-appreciating life.

I was always a big fan of STP's first 3 album, also one of my first concerts (with Local H opening, if anyone remembers them). It doesn't get much love, but Scott Weiland had a solo album called 12 Bar Blues (which does not actually contain a single 12 bar blues song) that I really enjoyed as well. RIP.

I was able to catch STP live some years back at a festival.  It was great time and went nuts when he did "Dead and Bloated".

Plush is one of the most perfect albums ever done.

Too much walking shoes worn thin.

Too much tripping and my soul's wore thin. Time to catch a ride, it leaves today.  Her name is what it means.

Too much walking shoes worn thin.

Archived