Football: The Lame Duck

AncalagonTheBlack

I saw the first half only of Liverpool vs Leicester match and was pretty impressed with what I saw from Liverpool and, even more shocking, Lovren. As MC said already, that was the best I saw them play since Klopp came or at least as well as they played against City. I can only hope they manage to maintain this level for a while and get in the running for the CL spot.

From the early game I reckon Arsenal need to concentrate on the wings more, the Saints have looked iffy when Monreal or Bellerin actually make a wide run compared to the cut backs into traffic that keeps happening.

That's a bullshit goal. Long kicked out Koscielny's legs. Terrible refereeing. 

But even still, Mertesacker again being a pussy. Don't turn your back, know where the ball is going.

ETA: First goal had an initial player offside before the wonder goal and now Long kicking out Koscielny's legs. Such an Arsenal game.

I've not seen a conclusive angle on the Long thing. No idea if it was deliberate or not, but it would be crazy for Long to do that intentionally in that position, and being on a yellow already. 

He ran behind him, looked down and ran through Koscielny's back leg. It's pretty clear. 

Hah and now on the 3rd goal, Southampton gets a corner on a ball that Koscielny never actually touched. So first goal, player was offside. Second goal, Long kicks through Koscielny's legs and third goal, it was a goal kick. We deserve to lose but man that's some bad luck.

It's been said more than a few times but this season is nuts. I don't think there are any actually good sides in the league this year by the usual standards of title challengers.

There aren't. Maybe if some of the top squads were full strength instead of injury riddled, there might be but definitely not right now. Hate it as an Arsenal fan, love it as a football fan.

Archived