Trailer thread II

AncalagonTheBlack

Netflix's Voltron: Legendary Defender Trailer

The first season of the show, officially titled Voltron: Legendary Defender, from Dreamworks Animation and the team behind Legend of Korra, is coming June 10 and will consist of 13 episodes. The voice cast includes Tyler Labine, Jeremy Shada, Bex Taylor-Klaus, Josh Keaton, Kimberly Brooks, Rhys Darby, and Steven Yeun.

Voltron: Legendary Defender premieres on Netflix June 10.

1 hour ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

That looks like a particularly uninspired Gundam Wings knock-off :( 

6 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Obi-Wan in the desert of Tatooine movie trailer

Reveal hidden contents

Nah, just kidding, it's about Jesus.

:lol:

Gosh, I didn't know Jesus was from Scotland? :P I don't know about this one. It could be good, but probably not. 

On 28/03/2016 at 11:39 PM, Veltigar said:

Gosh, I didn't know Jesus was from Scotland? :P I don't know about this one. It could be good, but probably not. 

It just doesn't look like it's in the right hands. The Temptation of Christ is obviously a good subject for a story thematically speaking, which is why there have been a few using it, but since its mention in the Gospels is pretty brief (I mean, it's the Gospels), it requires careful treatment and expansion and this looks slapdash.

Also, Ewan McGregor is a baffling choice for Jesus.

2 hours ago, polishgenius said:

It just doesn't look like it's in the right hands. The Temptation of Christ is obviously a good subject for a story thematically speaking, which is why there have been a few using it, but since its mention in the Gospels is pretty brief (I mean, it's the Gospels), it requires careful treatment and expansion and this looks slapdash.

Also, Ewan McGregor is a baffling choice for Jesus.

They should have picked Gerard Butler :P 

I totally agree with you by the way, It's probably going to suck. A pity really, I would like a faith based film to be a proper movie for once.

3 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Me Before You: Trailer #1 - Emilia Clarke in another shitty movie.This is for you Veltigar.:P

Ah yes, I do have a history there :P What a burden this reputation is proving to be :P 

I must say this movie has been on my radar for a while now. I mean Daenerys Targaryen, Tywin Lannister, Clara Oswald, Neville Longbottom and that guy from PotC and The Hunger Games (one of the films I didn't watch but still) in one movie? Yes, please :)

That being said, it looks absolutely godawful. A British version of a Nicolas Spark adaptation without any wit or charm or whatever. And I don't know, no one looks like they wanted to be there :P I believe this one might even be to bad for even my low, low standards for a movie with Emilia Clarke in it. Shocking isn't it? :P 

10 minutes ago, Veltigar said:

They should have picked Gerard Butler :P 

I totally agree with you by the way, It's probably going to suck. A pity really, I would like a faith based film to be a proper movie for once.

Ah yes, I do have a history there :P What a burden this reputation is proving to be :P 

I must say this movie has been on my radar for a while now. I mean Daenerys Targaryen, Tywin Lannister, Clara Oswald, Neville Longbottom and that guy from PotC and The Hunger Games (one of the films I didn't watch but still) in one movie? Yes, please :)

That being said, it looks absolutely godawful. A British version of a Nicolas Spark adaptation without any wit or charm or whatever. And I don't know, no one looks like they wanted to be there :P I believe this one might even be to bad for even my low, low standards for a movie with Emilia Clarke in it. Shocking isn't it? :P 

Did I also spot Mr Bates? 

And yeah even the trailer was a chore to get through on that one. Pass for me.

Also, the new Alice looks marginally better than the first, yet still looks terrible.

1 minute ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Did I also spot Mr Bates? 

Yeah, I looked it up and he's in it as well. Poor guy. The whole cast is really very strong, but they wont save this one, I'm sure of it.

2 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

And yeah even the trailer was a chore to get through on that one. Pass for me.

I think that's the wisest course of action all things considered. I do wonder who Emilia Clarke's agent is and why he/she hasn't been fired yet. She really is in one turkey after another. 

I have to say, while I have no interest in watching Me Before You, I think it's less a terrible-looking film than some of Emilia Clarke's others in terms of how it's actually made - it's just that its an entry in this absolutely cringe tragedy-romance Sparksalike genre that's been springing up and as such is not of any interest to me whatsoever. I think it's got a specific target audience in mind for whom it may well be a hit. And I think she looks more comfortable in this role than many of her others - it's just a shame it's such an uninteresting film it's in.

Bit weird that the 'international' trailer only debuted now when I saw trailers for it months ago. Possibly even linked here?

9 minutes ago, Astromech said:

I'm really looking forward to that one :D Although I had no idea that was the title, we always call it the farty Daniel Radcliffe corpse movie or something along those lines ;) 

23 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

New trailer for The BFG

I'm generally not a big Spielberg fan, but I think I'll give this a job. Loved the book and the cartoon as a child. He better not fuck this up with added Spielberg SchmaltzTM 

On 8-4-2016 at 11:36 AM, AncalagonTheBlack said:

'Blood Father' trailer #1

Mel Gibson is back folks. :P Hmmm..the trailer sorta reminds me of Payback.

I got a very Takenish vibe from it. Mixed with some Mad Max callbacks. Still, Mel Gibson looks crazy in this, so perhaps this will be great. 

On 9-4-2016 at 4:03 AM, RedEyedGhost said:

The fuck?  :shocked:

There are also some Power Rangers vibes in there if you ask me :P 

45 minutes ago, Veltigar said:

There are also some Power Rangers vibes in there if you ask me :P 

You know what it really reminds me of?  This show.  And that predates Gundam Wing and Power Rangers by 11 and 9 years respectively.  They should be fucking ashamed.  :rolleyes: 

Just now, RedEyedGhost said:

You know what it really reminds me of?  This show.  And that predates Gundam Wing and Power Rangers by 11 and 9 years respectively.  They should be fucking ashamed.  :rolleyes: 

Indeed, they should be ashamed! You and I, we should call the cops at once... Perhaps we can get President Obama to do a drone strike? :P 

Archived