Trailer thread II

AncalagonTheBlack

23 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

(it's only by chance I came across this when I was googling some titles from the March Reads thread...and Lo and behold, Eva Green :P:D )

Looks good to me, love Eva Green. But people who've read the book don't seem too pleased. 

And yes, Tim Burton looks to have changed teams for this one. Not even Danny Elfman is on board to compose the score.

40 minutes ago, The_Gallows_Knight said:

Trailer for the Ben-Hur Remake

It looks pretty bad.

I agree. I've never actually seen the one with Heston, but other than the chariot race, I never got the impression that Ben-Hur is supposed to be an action movie.

On 16-3-2016 at 6:43 PM, The_Gallows_Knight said:

Trailer for the Ben-Hur Remake

It looks pretty bad.

Ugh, this is a crime :( The original is a classic. How will this version ever reach the comedy highs of Chuck Heston not getting the gay innuendo between Ben-Hur and Messala? 

38 minutes ago, Veltigar said:

Ugh, this is a crime :( The original is a classic. How will this version ever reach the comedy highs of Chuck Heston not getting the gay innuendo between Ben-Hur and Messala? 

Well to be fair, the Charlton Heston version wasn't exactly the first film version of Ben-Hur. But this still looks really bad.

On 3/2/2016 at 3:16 PM, Gronzag said:

On 3/16/2016 at 2:27 PM, Corvinus said:

Looks good to me, love Eva Green. But people who've read the book don't seem too pleased.

And yes, Tim Burton looks to have changed teams for this one. Not even Danny Elfman is on board to compose the score.

I agree. I've never actually seen the one with Heston, but other than the chariot race, I never got the impression that Ben-Hur is supposed to be an action movie.

Why?

1 hour ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Will say that I know for a fact this movie is dreadful

Oh, have you seen it? I always thought it looked like a trainwreck, but I marked it as a 'so bad that it's good contestant'. 

30 minutes ago, Talleyrand said:

There's a TV Adaptation of Animal Kingdom coming.

Why? Just Why? 

I don't think a TV adaptation/expansion of Animal Kingdom would necessarily be a bad idea, but that looks awful. Absolutely nothing to differentiate it from the originals, except that even in a 90-second trailer the performances look flat where in the original they were fantastic. I'm not at all familiar with Shawn Hatosy, but it's immediately clear he's no Ben Mendelsohn.

7 hours ago, Talleyrand said:

There's a TV Adaptation of Animal Kingdom coming.

Why? Just Why? 

Because who doesn't wanna see a watered-down, shallow Americanized version of an already tremendous film? I kept seeing the commercials during basketball games on the same network non-stop and it was borderline embarrassing. Shawn Hatosy never had a chance.

Archived