MLB, Spring has sprung.

Bonesy

23 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

If you want the MLB Light sort of predictions/breakdowns, USA Today has a pretty solid 2016 preview...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2016/02/15/mlb-2016-win-totals/80389576/

For a little more in depth coverage, you could check out the S.F. Chronicle for Giants coverage. Not sure what local rag in Arid Zona best covers the D-Backs...

The Giants seem to be a bit of a media darling at the moment and seem to be a front-running favorite, which kind of scares the crap out of me. Not really used to that.

Yeah, that's great. Cheers.

So the Giants look like being competitive this year? That's good, at least I should get to see a useful side, maybe two since that USA Today article seems the think the Diamondbacks will be ok as well.

19 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

To cheer you up, how about if we send you and your fellow fans a nice cuddly panda?

Yeah, going to have to pass on that. Ya know, I was sad to see him go, but given Duffy's emergence and the season Pablo posted last year, I have to be happy with the way things turned out.

That being said, you've never seen anything like this guy when he gets on a hot streak. I truly hope you get to witness it, cause I've never seen anything like it. When he's on, he hits what appears to be unhittable pitches for power. I've never seen a guy hit low pitches, way out of the strikezone the way this guy can. 

19 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

So the Giants look like being competitive this year? That's good, at least I should get to see a useful side, maybe two since that USA Today article seems the think the Diamondbacks will be ok as well.

The D-Backs look to challenge for the division, methinks. They've made some really nice pickups in the offseason. That should be a good, competitive series to catch.

19 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

See if you can get a game Greinke's pitching. He was the biggest free agent pitcher this year and he jumped from the Giants' most hated rival to the Diamondbacks.

2 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Yeah, going to have to pass on that. Ya know, I was sad to see him go, but given Duffy's emergence and the season Pablo posted last year, I have to be happy with the way things turned out.

That being said, you've never seen anything like this guy when he gets on a hot streak. I truly hope you get to witness it, cause I've never seen anything like it. When he's on, he hits what appears to be unhittable pitches for power. I've never seen a guy hit low pitches, way out of the strikezone the way this guy can. 

Well, hopefully Dombrowski's plugged enough holes that they'll actually get to the playoffs, so I can see some of his fabled postseason prowess. Liking cheesecake posts from Instagram models while he's in the bathroom at a game, shitting out the cheesecake he ate earlier in the day, was not a good look.

1 minute ago, DanteGabriel said:

See if you can get a game Greinke's pitching. He was the biggest free agent pitcher this year and he jumped from the Giants' most hated rival to the Diamondbacks.

Well, hopefully Dombrowski's plugged enough holes that they'll actually get to the playoffs, so I can see some of his fabled postseason prowess. Liking cheesecake posts from Instagram models while he's in the bathroom at a game, shitting out the cheesecake he ate earlier in the day, was not a good look.

Seconded. If you can catch Bumgarner  vs Greinke you're probably watching the two best starters in the N.L. 

And yeah, Pablo has issues for sure, but it's not just the postseason that he does this in. He's a really streaky hitter. Tends to mash for a month, then disappear for another. He's really fun to watch when he's on. I hope you get to see that. 

10 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

I already booked the tickets, I wasn't sure how hard they'd be to get closer to the date so I thought it's better to get in early. So it'll be luck of the draw on that I suppose. Still, I'm pretty happy I've gotten lucky with two potentially competitive sides (in fairness the only other option I had was the Marlins and I thought a game against a team in the same division was more likely to be significant so early in the season).  

1 minute ago, ljkeane said:

I already booked the tickets, I wasn't sure how hard they'd be to get closer to the date so I thought it's better to get in early. So it'll be luck of the draw on that I suppose. Still, I'm pretty happy I've gotten lucky with two potentially competitive sides (in fairness the only other option I had was the Marlins and I thought a game against a team in the same division was more likely to be significant so early in the season).  

Ah, I missed that part of the initial post. I think your competitive analysis is probably correct.

Just now, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I know you guys knocked the Gobbo King's boys out of the postseason, and the wounds of Bowie's passing are probably still fresh, but there's no need to kiss his ass. 

This is just about accuracy. :P

The Dodgers remain on my shitlist as long as they have Utley.

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Seconded. If you can catch Bumgarner  vs Greinke you're probably watching the two best starters in the N.L. 

Are you fucking high?  Fucking giants fans never stop talking stupid.

As soon as pitchers and catchers report so does my winter dormant hate for you pricks!

Play ball,  asshole! 

;)

So Jose Bautista sets his number for the Jays to resign him at 5 yrs, $150 mil and won't negotiate with them. Sure he's still very productive at the plate, but who in their right mind is going to give a guy who will be 37 next year $30 mil a season? I'd laugh in his face, and trade him to get at least something back in return. Let another team deal with this pompous attitude. I'm all for players getting paid fairly, but this is over the top.

6 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

So Jose Bautista sets his number for the Jays to resign him at 5 yrs, $150 mil and won't negotiate with them. Sure he's still very productive at the plate, but who in their right mind is going to give a guy who will be 37 next year $30 mil a season? I'd laugh in his face, and trade him to get at least something back in return. Let another team deal with this pompous attitude. I'm all for players getting paid fairly, but this is over the top.

He's denied the number is 150, though to be fair that means it might be higher or lower.

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 2:46 PM, DanteGabriel said:

I think the others have covered this, but this statement was confusing to me...

And The Ballad of Kyle Schwarber rolls on...not even the Spring Training parking lots are safe...

Archived