Season 6 Hookups!

I think they are going there, it's "endgame" in the books, and they brought him back for her ("ask her who came back for her"). I think they look nice together, the showrunners even said she's so tall, it's a good thing he's tall, too, while commenting on a scene where he's saying he'll be there for her, and looking at her like this. And they set up the beauty and the beast story, even dropping hints last season (but they've been dropping hints all along).

1 hour ago, Le Cygne said:

I think they are going there, it's endgame in the books, and they brought him back for her ("ask her who came back for her"). I think they look nice together, the showrunners even said she's so tall, it's a good thing he's tall, too, while commenting on a scene where he's saying he'll be there for her, and looking at her like this. And they set up the beauty and the beast story, even dropping hints last season (but they've been dropping hints all along).

The one good thing about Sansa going North is that hopefully we will be rid of SanSan. He's going south for Cleganebowl and she's going further North for a tryst with Jon and never shall they meet. Besides with Rickon dying, I think she is going to be QITN on the show. I doubt Sandor Clegane will be KITN.

But Arya is his sister (even if only in spirit)....their relationship as brother/sister was well established early on in Season 1 and there has never been any romantic connection suggested in the show (or in the book imo) and it would just weird viewers out, even if/when R + L + J is revealed. 

I'm not really a fan of Jon/Sansa either.

I'm also going to throw in with the people saying Jon/Sansa.  It seems pretty obvious how it could happen in the show now,  but even in the books,  I can see Sansa's overall arc taking a very similar direction with her as the Stark heir and ruler in the North,  and if that's the case,  I can also see how it could lead Sansa to the Wall and Jon.  We'll see. 

Pick#2:  Ramsay/Longclaw.  Ramsay's end is upon us.  

17 minutes ago, bb1180 said:

I'm also going to throw in with the people saying Jon/Sansa.  It seems pretty obvious how it could happen in the show now,

Considering what already has happened in the show, yes.

18 minutes ago, bb1180 said:

but even in the books,

No. Martin knows better than this.

12 hours ago, Tianzi said:

Can I just have my SansaxSandor action? I don't see any point in bringing him back if not for this.

...That's what I would say if not for the fact that he looks like her father in the show. And that if they did in the show then I'd be so set on them doing in the books that I'd literally die if they didn't.

I think they brought him back to interact with Arya personally. Sandor and Sansa haven't shared a scene since the Battle of Blackwater way back in season two and she's going to be way up in the North with Jon while Arya will be coming to the Riverlands where Sandor is now residing.

Alternately, Sandor's return is literally only a one-episode appearance to show us that he got something of a happy ending (like the return of Hotpie in season four).

EDIT: Show and books I think it'll be Jon/Sansa and that if it was ever going to be say, Arya like his original outline, that ended the day he realized the five-year gap to age Arya up wasn't going to work and he shifted the plot to the older sister instead.

4 minutes ago, bb1180 said:

You don't think GRRM is setting up Sansa to be the ruler of the North in the books? 

Actually I'm not sure of it. Littlefinger is, so it's likely that Martin isn't. Sansa's natural habitat was in the southern half for most of the story.

But I really don't think that Martin has this absolutely shitty idea to wed her to her cousin raised as a half-brother with whom she didn't even have meaningful interactions in the book.

Maybe, after spending the early part of the series pinning for a Knight in Shinning Armour, she will actually be the only female (of the main cast) that is not married off at the end.  She will prove herself strong enough to rule the North without a man and they will accept her as their Queen in the North. 

41 minutes ago, Tianzi said:

But I really don't think that Martin has this absolutely shitty idea to wed her to her cousin raised as a half-brother with whom she didn't even have meaningful interactions in the book.

You mean like he originally planned for Arya? Yeah, let's not forget that the original plan was to have a five-year time jump in the middle so Jon could hook up with a close 'sister' who was introduced to us as a nine year old (and probably won't even be thirteen by the time the story is over without that time-jump).

Frankly, the lack of meaningful interaction to this point would actually make Jon/Sansa an easier sell to general audiences than Jon/Arya ever would have been (they've not interacted as brother/sister for the audience and also don't look alike) and if a normal author can squeeze a romantic subplot into a single novel, I'm sure GRRM could squeeze out some meaningful relationship building between Jon/Sansa in the two doorstoppers yet to be published (i.e. probably no more than a hundred pages needed out of the 1500+ pages yet to be published).

5 minutes ago, Myself656 said:

You mean like he originally planned for Arya? Yeah, let's not forget that the original plan was to have a five-year time jump in the middle so Jon could hook up with a close 'sister' who was introduced to us as a nine year old (and probably won't even be thirteen by the time the story is over without that time-jump).

He originally planned to have also Tyrion falling in love with Arya, and many other things we can agree are not gonna happen.

Besides, Arya and Jon had chemistry, it was a sibling chemistry, but with a tad of 'big brother attraction' on her part imo and she is still 'special' to him as far as in the book 5.

I'm not saying I support the Jon/Arya idea, but that Sansa and Arya are not interchangeable and it's not like you could take any plotline created for one and give it to another. Of course, Martin probably could pull off many things we can't imagine right now, but in my opinion a big part of what makes him a good writer is observing his characters and knowing what comes naturally for those people and what not.

11 minutes ago, Myself656 said:

Frankly, the lack of meaningful interaction to this point would actually make Jon/Sansa an easier sell to general audiences than Jon/Arya ever would have been (they've not interacted as brother/sister for the audience and also don't look alike)

Doesn't matter. From the incestuous point of view it's all the same + the additional aspect of looking like a colossal ass-pull from perspective.

And with all this, I think we should go back to discussing the show. I believe it still can happen in the show, but not because 'hey, that makes sense!' but because I don't trust D&D to make sense the way I trust Martin (and for good reasons).

1 hour ago, Tianzi said:

In any other story,  I might be inclined to agree.  In this one, though,  Martin himself has already set the precedent for that type of thing in several instances.  And as mysel656 mentioned,  Martin had actually planned this exact type of thing to occur with Jon and Arya instead,  so if its a bad idea,  it was actually Martin's,  at least at one time.

46 minutes ago, MrsStocksey said:

Maybe, after spending the early part of the series pinning for a Knight in Shinning Armour, she will actually be the only female (of the main cast) that is not married off at the end.  She will prove herself strong enough to rule the North without a man and they will accept her as their Queen in the North. 

I don't have an issue with that, except that it creates a potential problem. Who would be the Stark heir when Sansa eventually dies? 

19 minutes ago, bb1180 said:

I don't have an issue with that, except that it creates a potential problem. Who would be the Stark heir when Sansa eventually dies? 

That is a good point.  I guess on the show we do have the potential for a Bolton/Stark baby but really from the trailers it seems that the original photos were just shot at a bad angle giving her a bit of a 'baby bump' and I really don't see that being a thing (not even counting the issues a Bolton baby would bring). 

To be honest I don't really think Sansa will get the happy ending that people want, I think she is most likely destined to die in both show and book, hopefully after taking revenge on those who have wronged herself and her family.

1 minute ago, MrsStocksey said:

That is a good point.  I guess on the show we do have the potential for a Bolton/Stark baby but really from the trailers it seems that the original photos were just shot at a bad angle giving her a bit of a 'baby bump' and I really don't see that being a thing (not even counting the issues a Bolton baby would bring). 

To be honest I don't really think Sansa will get the happy ending that people want, I think she is most likely destined to die in both show and book, hopefully after taking revenge on those who have wronged herself and her family.

I agree,  I don't think there will be a Ramsay Jr,  for all the problems that causes (not the least of which that he'd theoretically be a Bolton,  not a Stark). 

My thought on Sansa is that,  like many characters,  Sansa is going to get exactly what she wanted,  but at a very steep price.  At the start of the books and the series,  Sansa wanted to be queen more than anything.  I think she will be,  of the North and possibly even of the IT,  but it will come at the cost of her family and much personal pain and torment.  

Archived