Season 6 Hookups!

14 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

No, not Ghost, a ghost wolf. Lady. The Hound is Sansa's Lady replacement, that's all over the story.

A mountain covered in snow that is white. She is thinking subconsciously of jon in where is thinking about being a wolf that is her connection to her family.  

13 minutes ago, Tianzi said:

I don't think they really disliked each other, they just didn't understand each other very well, whey were very different people and of different social standing too. I think that Sansa now thinks of Jon fondly and her view of him is changing, as she experiences many of the things he had, but that's it. Whether we like it or not (I personally do, but that doesn't matter), I agree with the statement that Martin just isn't writing their story together. Just compare mutual Jon-Arya references with nearly non-existent Jon-Sansa ones. And the author is not just gonna shift because of a lost bet or something.

What D&D are going to do is a whole different matter, tho.

I actually feel like Jon and sansa parallel each other. Jon embraced the north and rode off to this fanciful idea of bastard finding noble glory on the wall and sansa road south to live in the world of the fair tales knights and ladies.  Jon becomes a lord the same time Sansa becomes a bastard. they think about finding there true place away from their family but end up longing for the family that they lost. They would both see how foolish and naive they were when they left winterfell. 

bran and arya parallel each other too. Bran always wanted to be a knight on a great quest and take part of in amazing battles and in many way he is doing that and it is terrible. Arya wants to be free of the duties of a lady, fight, ride and be free of family's responsibility. She has and it is heartbreaking.

I don't care about pairing or ships but i do think the story is pushing jon and sansa meeting as the other is the only one who understand what one lost. I don't see any romance in the cards for bran and arya. Even as Bran has a crush on Meera reed. 

11 minutes ago, Tianzi said:

Oh, and about Sansa being a queen, I think that plotline might be done since Joff dumped her.

Cersei whole thing about a young queen was included. She think it is margery, people think it is Dany but it would be funny as the person she never thought of as anything was the one who would take everything from her. 

Just now, 239JMFL34109 said:

Cersei whole thing about a young queen was included. She think it is margery, people think it is Dany but it would be funny as the person she never thought of as anything was the one who would take everything from her. 

Yep,  and I think that's exactly what's going to happen.  The 'stupid' girl from that northern backwater that Cersei and that awful kid of hers tormented is going to end up being the one who casts her down. 

I don't think so. Because Sansa is a Bolton. She's not going to bring men except through Littlefinger and the Vale (and really, {Sweet}Robin). She's politically not trustworthy, in the end. She was betrothed to a Lannister, married a Lannister, married a Bolton and has a fairly cozy relationship with the Lord of Harrenhal. She's spent her formative years in the capital. She herself has no ties to any Northerners except for her former maiden name, Stark. That's it.

Unless, of course, you're talking about baby-making with better looking men than Sandor Clegane. And for that, I have to quote the show Hound, "There are worse men than me." Yes. There most certainly are. And we know, and Arya knows, than he loves Sansa.

2 minutes ago, bb1180 said:

Yep,  and I think that's exactly what's going to happen.  The 'stupid' girl from that northern backwater that Cersei and that awful kid of hers tormented is going to end up being the one who casts her down.

I have always just taken it a sign that Martin came up with that prophecy after Sansa was out of capital. Because, seriously. Someone as paranoid as Cersei never thinking that?

11 minutes ago, 239JMFL34109 said:

I actually feel like Jon and sansa parallel each other. Jon embraced the north and rode off to this fanciful idea of bastard finding noble glory on the wall and sansa road south to live in the world of the fair tales knights and ladies.  Jon becomes a lord the same time Sansa becomes a bastard. they think about finding there true place away from their family but end up longing for the family that they lost. They would both see how foolish and naive they were when they left winterfell.

I agree with that and their stories in the book are sort of antitheses of each other's, Jon going from bastard to a 'lord' and Sansa from a lady to a bastard. And she is armed with a new perspective that probably makes her respect him more and he defends her inheritance... There definitely is a family bond between them. It's just not a primary relationship for any of them.

38 minutes ago, Karmarni said:

Well, why wouldn't romance be in the cards for Sansa? She's the one who is the big romantic who's been going on and on about a kiss with Sandor Clegane. She still is that romantic. She's switched gears a little though. And I do not think that the stories across all five books so far is without romance. It's there. And saying that's not "endgame" that's easy gamer talk for an out. I'm looking for tougher, literary answers than romance is not the 'endgame.'

Politics is over-rated on this too - GRRM may be writing political marriages, and Sansa already got one - to Tyrion Lannister. She was force-married to the enemy. And her brother Robb said, huh, can't have a Lannister get Winterfell, so he wrote his will to leave it to Jon Snow, who grew up there as a Stark bastard.

He's still a Stark bastard, up to the penultimate book. And Sansa Stark is still yammering about Sandor Clegane. That's the story I would like to see. Not Sansa getting the whiplash treatment and being shoved together with Jon Snow because of some damn outline that was drawn up years ago.

The books as written matter. They are the blueprint. The outline does not matter anymore.

And since this is a show thread, I must say that super tall Turner would look really awkward with super short Harrington.

And finally, I think that Jon Snow has a lot of more important things to do that have a wedding, romance his former sister, roll with her in the hay. Come on, the Others/White Walkers are coming!! He's been revived from the dead! He's going to have some special power or insight that might just be the final thing he needs to take them on. The importance of the world is at stake!!

Yes to all of this. And they even said Rory (6'6") is tall enough for Sophie.

Weiss:  It's a good thing that Rory is as tall as he is… Sophie must have grown a foot in the first year of the show…  Luckily she's playing against Rory who's also...
Benioff:  Yeah, he's genuinely massive.

9 minutes ago, Karmarni said:

I don't think so. Because Sansa is a Bolton. She's not going to bring men except through Littlefinger and the Vale (and really, {Sweet}Robin). She's politically not trustworthy, in the end. She was betrothed to a Lannister, married a Lannister, married a Bolton and has a fairly cozy relationship with the Lord of Harrenhal. She's spent her formative years in the capital. She herself has no ties to any Northerners except for her former maiden name, Stark. That's it.

Again,  though,  Sansa's marriages probably don't amount to much without children from them.  Tyrion is in exile and her marriage to him as void now as when she married Ramsay.  And as for Ramsay,  if he dies,  she can marry again if she wants,  and can call herself Stark if she wants.  The northern lords would almost certainly encourage her to call herself 'Stark',  because marrying a Stark carries certain political benefits,  namely a claim on the North as a whole and legitimacy and prestige to the high lord who marries her,  whereas the name 'Bolton' does not.  And if they rise to overthrow Bolton and install Sansa as ruler in the North,  they will not want her to call herself Bolton,  period,  but again,  will still want to marry her for the same reason that the Boltons and Lannisters wanted her: the Stark name and claims.  

The point being, if Sansa's marriage to Ramsay ends without children,  she is,  for all intents and purposes,  still a Stark. 

I have always thought that Sansa-s marriage to Ramsay is just illegal from any perspective not military controlled by the Boltons. In the books they actually cared that he had a 'husband', but the show can't even... I mean what's the point of a political marriage that is not going to be seen as legitimate by anyone not under your foot?

But this is a story. They keep distancing her from this tiara some want her to wear (that I don't think she wants to wear).

They chose to have her "choose" to marry a Bolton. If you are writing a story about someone's Starkiness, you don't go there.

I'd like to see LF hook up with the Moon Door or a mailed fist in the mouth.

I would also like to see LF hooked up with his own lines, rather than everyone elses.

Another favorite hook up of mine is Ramsay with an axe or a spear.

Tyrion hooked up with some humility would be nice too.

12 minutes ago, Tianzi said:

I have always just taken it a sign that Martin came up with that prophecy after Sansa was out of capital. Because, seriously. Someone as paranoid as Cersei never thinking that?

Cersei is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.  She can see what's sitting right in front of her,  namely Margaery Tyrell,  but not much else.  She does know that Sansa could potentially prove a future threat,  but I think she's too focused on the Tyrell she has to look at every day rather than believing 'weak, stupid' Sansa could fulfill that prophecy. 

Sansa was a would-be queen when Margaey wasn't even in the picture and Cersei was a lot saner. Besides, Cersei's intellect aside, she tends to be OVERLY suspicious, not not enough. I just think that the prophecy just didn't exist in the story by that time.

10 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

But this is a story. They keep distancing her from this tiara some want her to wear (that I don't think she wants to wear).

They chose to have her "choose" to marry a Bolton. If you are writing a story about someone's Starkiness, you don't go there.

Yes, this is a story. But (the show), often not too well constructed, so I wouldn't make the assumptions that something is bound to happen/not to happen because it would be/wouldn't be logical like I would in the book canon. Something might be a bad idea from the story-quality point of view and still happen.

18 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

The one thing we know for certain is that the show has deviated from the books by having her marry Ramsay,  so the implications of that can certainly be called into question.  Even if it were a book plotline,  I'd still maintain that it doesn't matter that much,  though.  Many/most of the northern lords simply won't care,  because regardless of Sansa's marriage,  her claim on Winterfell and the North will in all cases pass to her (and her next husband's) first born son, or daughter,  if she has no sons.  They're going to call her a Stark,  not a Bolton,  because its potentially to their great political benefit to do so. 

Just to add one point,  let me give you another example:  Cersei.  Robert and Cersei had been married for many years,  had three children (as far as the realm was concerned,  anyway),  yet when Robert died, did the characters in the story think and speak of her as Cersei Baratheon,  or Cersei Lannister?  

19 minutes ago, Tianzi said:

I agree with that and their stories in the book are sort of antitheses of each other's, Jon going from bastard to a 'lord' and Sansa from a lady to a bastard. And she is armed with a new perspective that probably makes her respect him more and he defends her inheritance... There definitely is a family bond between them. It's just not a primary relationship for any of them.

Yeah i never said it is romantic. Like jon and sansa could be married but it does mean sansa cannot take Sandor as a lover or Jon take val or etc... as a mistress. If they got married never thought they would care as it is not about love. 

10 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

I'd like to see LF hook up with the Moon Door or a mailed fist in the mouth.

I would also like to see LF hooked up with his own lines, rather than everyone elses.

Another favorite hook up of mine is Ramsay with an axe or a spear.

Tyrion hooked up with some humility would be nice too.

SO i lied LF plus moon door is my one true pairing. 

12 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

She choose to marry to get power and revenge not "be a boton" not she is all starked up in her clothing wanting revenge against the boltons and etc...

21 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Yes to all of this. And they even said Rory (6'6") is tall enough for Sophie.

tom cruise would have no romantic interests in movies if height matter in this. 

Le't just go back to season 6 hook-ups...

25 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

And they even said Rory (6'6") is tall enough for Sophie.

Well, that is a hint, but at the time when they said it (?) it could be just functional, I mean the scene when he rescues her from the riot would look ridiculous if she were taller than him.

Well, it sure seems to matter to them, or they wouldn't have said it.

And about the Bolton marriage is they chose to add that to the story. When they add details like this that make it harder to make a certain point, then maybe that's not the point they are making.

6 hours ago, Karmarni said:

Unless, of course, you're talking about baby-making with better looking men than Sandor Clegane. And for that, I have to quote the show Hound, "There are worse men than me." Yes. There most certainly are. And we know, and Arya knows, than he loves Sansa.

Agreed. Sansa Bolton as Queen of the North is a stretch.

And yes to the bold, this isn't really about politics, is it.

9 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

And about the Bolton marriage is they chose to add that to the story. When they add details like this that make it harder to make a certain point, then maybe that's not the point they are making.

The only thing that the Bolton storyline has apparently managed to deep six is the 'Harry the Heir' storyline from the books.  The rest isn't a problem.  Not many cared,  for instance,  that Margaery Tyrell was married to Renly before Joffrey...and both before Tommen.  She was still a Tyrell.  Everyone thinks of Cersei as a Lannister after Robert's death.  And everyone will think of Sansa as a Stark if Ramsay dies,  too.  

8 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

my point is height does not matter to the plot endgame.  they make characters seem taller or shorter all the time for stuff like this. Here is them making scully and mulder closer in height to make shots work. http://static02.mediaite.com/themarysue/uploads/2012/03/scully_box.jpg

tom cruise is shorter than most if not all of his leading ladies so they film them in such a way to hide it.  LF and Sansa probably already do some of these things. 

The height is not really an issue to whatever hookups or any kind of scene they have in the future. 

Archived