Season 6 Hookups!

@Karmarni Sophie's not super tall, she's 1.75, she's just above average height for a woman. Iwan and Kit are both 1.73, and they already paired her up with the former. The difference is more visible because of the heeled shoes they make Sansa wear, so she appears taller than she actually is. 

The Queen of the North thing is enough of the stretch already, without making her Sansa Bolton first.

Nevertheless, they had her choose to marry a Bolton. I'm not a fan of the writing on the show, but this was part of a larger point I was making. She's not actually the Starkiest of the Starks. They keep making that point. So maybe instead of explaining things away, and making something out of nothing, so she can marry her brother, consider that's not really the story they are telling. And with that, I give up. Just consider that maybe, just maybe, Sansa as Queen of the North is not really the story they are telling.

Also the scene where they were so happy Rory was taller than Sophie was when Sandor said he'd be there for Sansa and looked at her like he was in love with her. Here's a shot of that.

No, 5'9" or 5'10" is significantly taller than the average woman. She's taller than Kit. Put her in the usual heels she wears, and she's even taller. (And the fact is, she does wear them, and continues to do so.)

And they did not pair her romantically with Ramsay. That was supposed to be "this just doesn't seem right."

And they said this during a scene where Sandor is looking at her like he's in love with her:

Weiss:  It's a good thing that Rory is as tall as he is… Sophie must have grown a foot in the first year of the show…  Luckily she's playing against Rory who's also...
Benioff:  Yeah, he's genuinely massive.

They also said this during an earlier scene, and either way you look at it, much more came, or much more is to come, they are saying there's a relationship with much more:

D.B. Weiss: The developing relationship between these two.
David Benioff: Yep. Much more to come.

5 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Nevertheless, they had her choose to choose to marry a Bolton. And with that, I give up. Just consider that maybe, just maybe, Sansa as Queen of the North is not really the story they are telling.

Its certainly possible that its not the story they're telling. They may also not be telling the story of SanSan,  either.   

The average American woman is 5'4", which if I remember right is on the tall side for national averages. Turner is 5'9", almost a half foot taller than your average woman.  When someone acts as young as Sansa is supposed to, 5'9" is ludicrously tall.  A 6'6" man helps make that feel smaller.

9 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Nevertheless, they had her choose to choose to marry a Bolton. I'm not a fan of the writing on the show, but this was part of a larger point I was making. She's not actually the Starkiest of the Starks. They keep making that point. So maybe instead of explaining things away, and making something out of nothing, so she can marry her brother, consider that's not really the story they are telling.

But a story about how marrying your cousin to seal and uncomfortable compromise to bring peace to the realm and avoid war, because war is alway terrible even if it is "just",  is totally the story they are telling. 

3 minutes ago, 239JMFL34109 said:

But a story about how marrying your cousin to seal and uncomfortable compromise to bring peace to the realm and avoid war, because war is alway terrible even if it is "just",  is totally the story they are telling. 

War is terrible is the story that D&D are telling?  What?  Jon cradling Ygritte is about the only thing you could rely on to argue that.

7 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

No, 5'9" or 5'10" is significantly taller than the average woman. She's taller than Kit. Put her in the usual heels she wears, and she's even taller.

And they did not pair her romantically with Ramsay. That was supposed to be "this just doesn't seem right."

she was a lot shorter when they cast her and ian. So height was not a priority as the quote in the thread says: it was "luckily" not planning. 

Seriously Sansa and sandor could ride off together and he could be a lot shorter or whatever. 

No, for the entire series they have been brother and sister, that's how each of them thinks of the other. That's how they were raised. And they are not in conflict, so why do they have to marry? No, that's not the story they are telling at all.

And no, she was not a lot shorter in season 2, that's after they said she grew a foot. And they did not originally intend for her to be in Ramsay's storyline, they said they first thought of that in season 2. And again, it's not a romantic storyline.

The height thing doesn't matter.  How old was Sophie Turner when she was cast?  They didn't know how tall she'd be as an adult.  They're not going to throw out a major story plot that would have been planned for years,  assuming it exists at all,  on that basis.  

Just now, bb1180 said:

The height thing doesn't matter.  How old was Sophie Turner when she was cast?  They didn't know how tall she'd be as an adult.  They're not going to throw out a major story plot that would have been planned for years,  assuming it exists at all,  on that basis.  

she was like 13

1 minute ago, Le Cygne said:

No, for the entire series they have been brother and sister, that's how each of them thinks of the other. That's how they were raised. And they are not in conflict, so why do they have to marry? No, that's not the story they are telling at all.

That makes the personal sacrifice even greater. honestly again jon and sansa could marry and at the same time sansa could take sandor as a lover it doesn't matter to me nor them in the story. 

1 minute ago, bb1180 said:

Well, while I can believe they can do wild shifts in the story now, I'm fairly certain they haven't been telling Jon/Sansa story any earlier than they decided to Jeyne Poolize her, much less when Sophie was cast.

Also part of the Sansa and the Hound story is that he's tall and strong. There's a guy in her story who is tall and strong, and gave her his cloak, and pledged his protection, and she's dreaming of his kiss. Show, too, all that's left is the kiss:

"She had dreamed of her wedding a thousand times, and always she had pictured how her betrothed would stand behind her tall and strong, sweep the cloak of his protection over her shoulders, and tenderly kiss her cheek as he leaned forward to fasten the clasp."

And why bother to say something doesn't matter to you when you have been arguing the point repeatedly and at length.

Also, they did say they were telling the story of Sansa and Sandor's relationship, see the comment from the showrunners above.

(quotes got messed up, was on a phone)

But c'mon guys. Jon is like totally hot! Sansa deserves a hotty after all that.  Who wants her to go for that ugly guy Sandor.  I mean, she has to think he's the ugliest guy ever, right?

/end sarcasm

ETA Before Le Cynge kills me for not mentioning this after the sarcasm, she specifically compares her Husband Tyrion's looks unfavorably to the Hound's.  

Just now, Tianzi said:

Well, while I can believe they can do wild shifts in the story now, I'm fairly certain they haven't been telling Jon/Sansa story any earlier than they decided to Jeyne Poolize her, much less when Sophie was cast.

Aside from the Jeyne Pool detour,  I don't think we can say that for a certainty at all,  not until TWoW comes out.  Understand,  I'm not stating or implying anything else with that statement,  just that until I see the next book,  I'm not going to write off any number of possibilities.  

Just now, bb1180 said:

Aside from the Jeyne Pool detour,  I don't think we can say that for a certainty at all,  not until TWoW comes out.  Understand,  I'm not stating or implying anything else with that statement,  just that until I see the next book,  I'm not going to write off any number of possibilities.  

I will categorically state that Jon and Sansa will not hook up in any way, shape or form in the books or the show.  I am 100% certain of that.

Archived