[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Reprecussions - Season 6, Tally-Ho

Ran

5 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Who is Arya going to kill when they do Mercy Part V?  Who on her list would go to Braavos?  

I got a momentary surge when Ramsay mentioned the Manderlys, but based on precedent, Wyman Manderly will be a thin, tatted up traitor who will be eating an apple pie...because why not? 

He will be with the Boltons, and will have a change of heart because the plot demands. He will talk about the Starks and honour and shit, and will be promptly offed unceremoniously. The total screen time Lord Manderly will have will amount to 1.34 s, and that's only because because today I'm feeling quite optimistic. 

2 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I agree about Nan. She was supposed to really old, even when Ned was a kid.

I am still trying to figure out what the true point of the scene was. It almost felt like it was intended to start unraveling the "mystery" behind Hodor's "hodor". It was mentioned in the flashback scene and then later that Hodor has the capability of becoming/ or was a capable fighter. That felt like foreshadowing to me.

Oh, and Hodor's name is Willis, not Walder... another change for the fucking sake of change.

Point to the scene?  What show do you think you're watching, LOL.

But if you presssed me, I'd say to show us Lyanna Stark was a badass.  No idea where the Hodor thing is going, probably something they could have left out easily.

Do we know yet what was the point of Bronn at Castle Stokeworth?  I rest my case. 

Foreshadowing H+L=J.

Also, I want Ramsay to escape during the battle and ride as far south as south goes. There he will meet and fall in love with Ellaria, and adopt the snakes. They will live happily ever after, and enjoy many wonderful hols to KL to visit their best friends Larry and Carol Lannister, who will be married and ruling the kingdom. 

Why did the ever loving fuck did they feel the need to bring up the Glovers taking back Deep Wood Motte? It came out of no where and wasnt necessary. All i can think of is to rub it in that Jonny snowflake and Wamsay sue are the northen focus.

Does anyone else find the actual revival ridiculous. Like what washing him, cutting his dumb hair and burning it is all it takes??? Methinks that D&D have sanatised the ritual and were too afraid to make the plank of wood's return hard/challenging and unclean.

I remain of the opinion that Shireen will be sacrificed to bring Jon back but Benioff and Weiss were not willing to place that emotional baggage on their viewers of confronting the cost that resurrection entails. 

I just see too much groundwork for this option, starting with Shireen's dreams, Melisandre's magical proclivity, Val's views about greyscale and so forth. 

3 minutes ago, Faint said:

I remain of the opinion that Shireen will be sacrificed to bring Jon back but Benioff and Weiss were not willing to place that emotional baggage on their viewers of confronting the cost that resurrection entails. 

I just see too much groundwork for this option, starting with Shireen's dreams, Melisandre's magical proclivity, Val's views about greyscale and so forth. 

Totally agree with this.

6 minutes ago, Faint said:

I hope not, but my enthusiasm for the series is at an all time low.  Since I don't think the show is diverging as much as many people think, it looks like Ghost dies, Rickon dies, Tyrion is indeed a secret Targaryen Prince, Dorne is another useless authorial indulgence that goes nowhere, and so it would be right in line that Jon is morally compromised by a Shireen sacrifice.  

Just now, Cas Stark said:

Jon is morally compromised by a Shireen sacrifice.  

Why would Jon be morally compromised? He would obviously have no choice in the matter. I am not even entirely sure whether Melisandre will be attempting to resurrect Jon if and when she does kill Shireen. 

I'm already so tired of this season...

This "we-need-to kill-at-least-two-important-characters-every-episode-mode" the show entered in the end of last season feels so cheap and contrived. Now Winterfell is left with Super Wamsay and his InstaLords.

Bran was alright I guess and the first Wall scene wasn't that bad so I had the hope that the show will at least catch a little break now. But then the Mountain supidity began, Tyrion kept being boring and saintly and Arya was just a repeating from last weak.

And the Euron actor just seems very uncharismatic and unmemorable. Oh well at least Balon has finally died now (right after magically getting news of Stannis' death)...

And the ressurection...happened... in the most boring and predictable way. Mel at once knows the words for a ritual for a thing she didn't think was possible. And Jon gave a very Jesus-like vibe during the scene.

25 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Foreshadowing H+L=J.

Also, I want Ramsay to escape during the battle and ride as far south as south goes. There he will meet and fall in love with Ellaria, and adopt the snakes. They will live happily ever after, and enjoy many wonderful hols to KL to visit their best friends Larry and Carol Lannister, who will be married and ruling the kingdom. 

I want to see this happen. Very cute. Ramsay and Faullaria. They have some many things in common: kinsslaying, lost their lover, stabbing people, Ellaria has snakes, Ramsay has dogs, ... I ship them :wub: Ramsay would probably not be a weak man in her eyes.

11 minutes ago, Ruhail said:

Why did the ever loving fuck did they feel the need to bring up the Glovers taking back Deep Wood Motte? It came out of no where and wasnt necessary. All i can think of is to rub it in that Jonny snowflake and Wamsay sue are the northen focus.

Does anyone else find the actual revival ridiculous. Like what washing him, cutting his dumb hair and burning it is all it takes??? Methinks that D&D have sanatised the ritual and were too afraid to make the plank of wood's return hard/challenging and unclean.

Robett Glover is one of my favorite characters!!! So I am actually kind of happy he is just ignored by D&D; And they have Deepwood Motte back. And hopfully his family is safe again in the show? Jeey!!

After that episode whic has, IMO very good moments...here are...

My rants::lmao:

-Super Tyrion is immune to Dragoons. THis scene was surrealistic. It was Super Saint Tyrion! I'm the best!!!!! I laughed all that scene

woneder if he is son of Aerys for the first time

-Ramsay: stupid bastard. He couldn't be more stupid.

-Jon's revival?????? What was that? Wasn't it supposed to be a SHOCKING MOMENT?????' who didn't see that coming???

and Ghost was sleeping??? I'm so confused!!!! Although, I admit I kind of liked seeing him return, and I'm not a fan of him!!! My hype for LSH has returned....(why??? I shouldn't...but my theory was that if Jon revived early we  could still have LSH...but Sansa will be LSH)

-Larry defending Carol!!!!!!!!!! Just no, no no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Faint said:

Why would Jon be morally compromised? He would obviously have no choice in the matter. I am not even entirely sure whether Melisandre will be attempting to resurrect Jon if and when she does kill Shireen. 

Because his "life" will have been bought with the price of an innocent child's life, he will be alive as a result of an evil act.  Eh, I hate the whole idea of Jon Snow dead and resurrected, he has to be greatly changed, according to the author, unless the author gives himself a lame 'out' by some warging BS so that Jon Snow dies and is re animated but is exactly the same as before, so you either have a POV with a radically altered personality, cause he's died and been resurrected, or you have a glaring plot device so the author can keep writing Jon Snow the way he has always been.  Those are two outcomes I never wanted to see.

5 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Because his "life" will have been bought with the price of an innocent child's life, he will be alive as a result of an evil act.  Eh, I hate the whole idea of Jon Snow dead and resurrected, he has to be greatly changed, according to the author, unless the author gives himself a lame 'out' by some warging BS so that Jon Snow dies and is re animated but is exactly the same as before, so you either have a POV with a radically altered personality, cause he's died and been resurrected, or you have a glaring plot device so the author can keep writing Jon Snow the way he has always been.  Those are two outcomes I never wanted to see.

Interestingly, although I am sure they would be more humane about it, Martin has made it seem that the Wildings, or at least Val, would not necessarily view killing Shireen as evil. 

I do agree that Jon will be radically different -- Martin has promised as much, on multiple occasions. I am less sure that will be the case on the show. Again, Benioff and Weiss love taking easy exits. 

16 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I hope not, but my enthusiasm for the series is at an all time low.  Since I don't think the show is diverging as much as many people think, it looks like Ghost dies, Rickon dies, Tyrion is indeed a secret Targaryen Prince, Dorne is another useless authorial indulgence that goes nowhere, and so it would be right in line that Jon is morally compromised by a Shireen sacrifice.  

Its not that different!! Jon, Dany, Tyrion, Arya, Stannis and Cersei are all extremely close so far.  Obviously Jaime, Brienne, Sansa, all of Dorne, All of Essos and a bunch of other shit are very different.

I think I am missing something, why is everyone saying Ghost and Rickon are going to die after last night?

29 minutes ago, Faint said:

Its pretty telegraphed to me. BTW isnt cutting a lock and burning a dead person's hair a common funeral rite?

3 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Its not that different!! Jon, Dany, Tyrion, Arya, Stannis and Cersei are all extremely close so far.  Obviously Jaime, Brienne, Sansa, all of Dorne, All of Essos and a bunch of other shit are very different.

I think I am missing something, why is everyone saying Ghost and Rickon are going to die after last night?

You can rely on when the show starts featuring secondary characters a lot that they're sure to die, so Ghost getting a lot of screen time, he's dead, for sure.  Rickon's death is from the "gift" language and because of some spoilers that are out.

33 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

You can rely on when the show starts featuring secondary characters a lot that they're sure to die, so Ghost getting a lot of screen time, he's dead, for sure.  Rickon's death is from the "gift" language and because of some spoilers that are out.

Not at all. In this case we have  Edd, Davos, Mel, Ghost to die. Surely not that many. I could see Edd, Wun Wun or Tormund go.

50 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

George always hated or disliked Gandalf's return in lotr. Basically an improved version. You can't throw away five books or season of character development and turn him into vengeful killing machine or someone like Ramsay. Because that's what i see behind greatly changed. If you mean being ruthless, cunning and taking shit from none. Yes. it has to change him because otherwise what is point of this resurrection? To get him out of Night's Watch? Surely he'll be changed more so in the books as he'l spend more time in Ghost and then becoming more wolfish in personality, show will reduce to to necessary minimum but still changed. 

This is why my hopes for LSH are higher than ever. They'll do what I expect them to do. Contrast between good and bad. Basically Jesus Jon Snow, evil version of resurrection LSH. I hate the idea not to tame Jon with death of an innocent girl.

1 hour ago, Ruhail said:

To me, the revival had a very jesus-like quality to it, all the way down to his wounds and linen looking loin cloth and the washing. The hair burning... I dunno. Mel says she saw someone do it before (I am assuming Thoros) and this red priest taught her the ways, but we never saw Thoros say or do anything with hair, ever.

I laughed my ass off the whole way through just thinking of the past comments by fanboys at how D&D would never make Jon into Jesus.

Archived