[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Reprecussions - Season 6, Tally-Ho

Ran

1 minute ago, kissdbyfire said:

We have seen Sansa as the quintessential young lady, the harassed fiancée of Joffrey, the sceptical niece of Lord Baelish and the sexual plaything of Ramsay Bolton. But now we will get to see her is a more powerful light.

:angry2::ack:

They destroyed her character actually from the moment they ignored her "visits to the godswood". Maybe they thought like Tyrion she was just praying there? Praying is soo boring. She is really the most greatest believer in the old gods of her family /s (not really, I would actually give that more to Ned and Bran after his fall) :dunno:

Revenge is empowering, pass it on. All the wise sayings throughout time, that revenge destroys those who seek it? Meh.

Confucius: "Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."

Jesus: "Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also."

Gandhi: "An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind."

Book Ellaria:

"Oberyn wanted vengeance for Elia. Now the three of you want vengeance for him. I have four daughters, I remind you. Your sisters. My Elia is fourteen, almost a woman. Obella is twelve, on the brink of maidenhood. They worship you, as Dorea and Loreza worship them. If you should die, must El and Obella seek vengeance for you, then Dorea and Loree for them? Is that how it goes, round and round forever? I ask again, where does it end?"

And this is just so nasty: "The girl is gone and in her place is a young woman who is hungry for revenge."

So Ramsay rapes her and declares that makes her a woman. The show did not let her answer this. In the books, Sansa decided what made her a woman, on her own terms, she had a beautiful sexual awakening story, with her dreams of Sandor, but they cut that. One brief nod, that she dreams at the same beat as book Sansa dreamed of Sandor, that's all.

So on the show, rape made Sansa a woman. The girl is gone, now she's a woman obsessed with rape revenge. This is sickening stuff. If they actually had someone on their writing staff who thought differently than they do, like, women are people too, or something along those lines, they would have told them, what are you thinking? Just no.

2 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

So on the show, rape made Sansa a woman. The girl is gone, now she's a woman obsessed with rape revenge. This is sickening stuff. If they actually had someone on their writing staff who thought differently than they do, like, women are people too, or something along those lines, they would have told them, what are you thinking? Just no.

Rape does not make anyone a woman and for GOT to imply this is so sick, really.  And revenge?  No, they don't get GRRM and ASOIAF at all.

8 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I can 't wait to see the lip gloss wearing, cold water phobic, battle leading boss.ass.bitch. 

Somebody needs to invent a boss.ass.bitch cocktail.  I may just drink vodka on sunday.

Yeah, this is going to be the ultimate. I was thinking of not watching, but I don't think I can stay away from this. This is going to be the most unintentionally funny thing ever. "Boss ass bitch"'s empowerment face appears to be constipation. She's got the same expression in every scene in the trailers. (Except when she's running away from the psycho killer, but as Cogman says, that's what set her on the path to empowerment.)

1 minute ago, Le Cygne said:

Yeah, this is going to be the ultimate. I was thinking of not watching, but I don't think I can stay away from this. This is going to be the most unintentionally funny thing ever. "Boss ass bitch"'s empowerment face appears to be constipation. She's got the same expression in every scene in the trailers.

I know you don't like Sophie as Sansa, but until last season I thought she did a very good job, I have to say, her acting in that scene in the water didn't seem like Emmy material to me, LOL. 

Yes, you have to watch to see how far they go with it.  Is she in some form of armor?  Will she give some insane battle speech to urge on the troops?  Will she throw shade at Littlefinger and tell him she's a woman now?  Will she roll her eyes or cry?  Will mini needle and the feather dress reappear? Much to look forward to.

12 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I know you don't like Sophie as Sansa, but until last season I thought she did a very good job, I have to say, her acting in that scene in the water didn't seem like Emmy material to me, LOL. 

Yes, you have to watch to see how far they go with it.  Is she in some form of armor?  Will she give some insane battle speech to urge on the troops?  Will she throw shade at Littlefinger and tell him she's a woman now?  Will she roll her eyes or cry?  Will mini needle and the feather dress reappear? Much to look forward to.

And they can't even pretend invading with the Vale troops is her idea, they clearly made it LF's idea, he said so last season while he was pimping her out to the Boltons/ratting on her to Cersei. They also can't make her some sort of rallying point after stressing that it was her choice to marry a Bolton, unless they backtrack on that. However they pretend she's getting one over on anyone is going to be a hoot.

Oh, and the triumphant return of the fug dress/leash, that's for the finale.

10 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Yeah, this is going to be the ultimate. I was thinking of not watching, but I don't think I can stay away from this. This is going to be the most unintentionally funny thing ever. "Boss ass bitch"'s empowerment face appears to be constipation. She's got the same expression in every scene in the trailers. (Except when she's running away from the psycho killer, but as Cogman says, that's what set her on the path to empowerment.)

Maybe Sansa will become Genghis Khan in this season, and declaim:-

"My greatest joy is to slaughter my enemies and to listen to the lamentations of their women."

The entrance fee to womanhood is rape, apparently. Why is this show lauded as a bastion of progressiveness and feminism?

Watching it will be funny, it's the fan and critic reaction that I'm dreading. Fansa will suddenly be a Boss Ass Bitch, completely unaffected, nay, made even stronger by being brutally raped and abused multiple times in her own home, back to rolling her eyes, and giving Ramsay evil looks from a distance while the men do all the actual work, and everyone will praise it. The general, unsullied audience will jump on Twitter, clapping like seals and giving her nicknames like "The Sass Queen" or some shitty amalgam of Sansa and 'sass'; most of the critics will have completely forgotten the rape even occurred, and will essentially rephrase the same thoughts of the unsullied in less colloquial terms. 

21 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Yes please.

Or "I am the punishment of God.  If you had not committed such sins, He would not have sent such a punishment as me" before she orders the Bolton men to be executed, the women to be raped, and the children carried off as slaves.

Or "Kill them all!  The gods will look after their own!"

That article, Brienne as "Sansa's sworn protector."

That was an offer that was not accepted, just as it was not accepted by Arya. Book Sansa has one sworn protector, and that's Sandor Clegane. Show, they went there, too. He wants to protect her.

They spend all this time on things, but then they muddy the waters. They do this all the time. They like muddy water. Viewers don't like muddy water. They can't see through the muddy water.

It's the writing that is the problem, they don't know what they are doing. If they actually paid attention to critics, they'd see that everyone is really confused. And that's not actually a good thing.

13 minutes ago, White Harbors Wrath said:

Pretty amusing, CNN article dropping the Bastard Bowl shot right in the middle of an article.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/21/entertainment/game-of-thrones-season-6-questions-feat/index.html

Oh, ugh:

Tyrion may be the key to her salvation. 

The beatification of St. Tyrion by CNN.

2 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Revenge is empowering, pass it on. All the wise sayings throughout time, that revenge destroys those who seek it? Meh.

Book Ellaria:

And according to my roman law professor an eye for an eye, ... is actually a wrong interpretation of the talio est-rule, in my criminal law I have learned the eye-for-eye is actually a way to limit revenge (only the eye and not to kill a whole bunch of people because this leads to a never ending war). 

And even in the early middle-ages they used blood money as a way to stop those idiot feuds. 

I can understand why people want to enact revenge, but even a long time ago revenge was understood by some people as a very bad idea. 

And there are several instances where GRRM does indeed speak against vengeance in the books. Yes, Frey pies might look kind of fun at first sight, but this is something very dark. (Okay, IMO, not really the killing of the Freys, more the fact they are turned into pies and given as dinner to their family). 

Archived