Marvel Cinematic Universe General Discussion 5: Getting some Strange

GallowKnight

About to watch the Avengers to finish out my Phase I watch. I've seen it only once and that was a couple years ago, so it should be pretty fresh.

Couple MCU questions...are they not doing solo movies for Hawkeye, Falcon, Black Widow, etc?

And are they not doing any crossover stuff with any of the GotG characters?

30 minutes ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

About to watch the Avengers to finish out my Phase I watch. I've seen it only once and that was a couple years ago, so it should be pretty fresh.

Couple MCU questions...are they not doing solo movies for Hawkeye, Falcon, Black Widow, etc?

And are they not doing any crossover stuff with any of the GotG characters?

No, it doesn't seem like those characters will ever get solo movies. I hope they actually keep moving away from true solo movies. Winter Soldier was basically a Cap/Widow movie. Civil War was practically an Avengers movie. Thor 3 will prominently feature Hulk, Spider-Man will have Stark, Ant-Man gets the Wasp, etc. Dr. Strange will probably be just him, but who knows. Black Panther could go either way after Civil War. [Civil War spoilers]

If Captain America and his allies are hiding out in Wakanda then one or more of those characters could have a major role if they can work it out the contract stuff

The GotG characters will be in Infinity War for sure, but I doubt we'll see them interacting with any other heros before then. Though I guess we could get on screen confirmation that Hulk is in space at the end of GotG vol. 2.

9 minutes ago, The Wolves said:

So are we getting GotG vol. 2 before Thor3? 

Yes, GotG 2 is already filming, Kurt Russel just finished shooting his scenes the other day. It's Dr. Strange in November, Guardians next spring, Spider-man next summer and Thor next November. 

38 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Yes, GotG 2 is already filming, Kurt Russel just finished shooting his scenes the other day. It's Dr. Strange in November, Guardians next spring, Spider-man next summer and Thor next November. 

Thanks. I'm looking forward to all these movies. 

To bad we're not getting the Black Panthers movie till 2018. 

7 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

It all stems from the fact that they used SHIELD and Coulson in their flagship MCU TV show, and so there's the constant inconsistency of why he won't tell them he's alive, why Fury told Cap he'd scrapped SHIELD then secretly renewed it. Essentially, the team is stuck being a secret organisation otherwise Cap would immediately say "woah, I thought we scrapped this?! Are we sure HYDRA's not involved? Who's running this?", to which the answers are "No that was BS, oh, HYDRA, yea, they're actually way more of a threat than they were when you fought them, and that friend of yours you thought was dead". That's too much revelation to cram in to a Cap / Avengers movie, and Chris Evans isn't gonna be on AoS anytime soon, so I guess they're forever stuck on opposite sides of the fence.

At this point I'm happy to assume that Cap and the rest know that Coulson is alive, we just haven't seen it on screen. There's no real reason we'd have to be shown that, it's not as if most of them really knew Coulson all that well. They definitely know there's some remnant of SHIELD still existing, since the helicarrier shows up Age of Ultron.

1 hour ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

Anyone else prefer Norton over Ruffalo?

I think everyone does. But I think almost everyone also thinks Ruffalo has done an excellent job of making himself Bruce / The Hulk.

Ghost Rider was always a personal favourite, so I do hope a TV series happens and that it is done right. The whole deal with the Devil thing is always a bit theologically challenging because it heavily implies a theistic universe, and in some ways it's better for fictional universes like MCU to be kind of agnostic. I mean it's hard to take an atheist in the MCU seriously if Ghost Rider and the Devil and Hell exist. 

38 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

Norton is more like Bruce from the comics too me, but seeing how he's a bit of a dick, I prefer watching Ruffalo. That and Ruffalo has had better writing and character interactions by this point.

I LOVE Ruffalo especially his Bruce/Hulk. I'm also cautious about him being with Thor who would be the last Avengers I would think hang out with each other. 

1 hour ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

Just watched Iron Man 3. Loved it. Thor: Dark World next. Hope this is just as good.

Yeah.. people hate the Mandarin switch but I loved it. What I hated was the "substitute an army of meaningless and uninteresting robots or Chitauri for an army of meaningless and uninteresting Extremists soldiers." Guy Pierce didn't need to be the real Mandarin either.. they could have saved that character and done it proper in another movie even with the way IM3 turned out.

Also.. Thor 2 is unfortunately one of the worst Marvel movies. Malekith and his minions were... barely existent much less actual antagonists. The Thor series has been Marvel's main flaw and weakness in my opinion (especially with the success of fantasy film like LOTR and GoT).

I actually liked the Thor films better than the Ironman films and the first Captain America too.  Loki and the rest of the Asgardians are just more interesting characters and the interdimension aspect of it is more enjoyable to Earth superheroes saving the planet every time.

4 minutes ago, Igziabeher said:

I actually liked the Thor films better than the Ironman films and the first Captain America too.  Loki and the rest of the Asgardians are just more interesting characters and the interdimension aspect of it is more enjoyable to Earth superheroes saving the planet every time.

I hope Thor 3 stays away from earth except the end credits where Bruce and Thor find out about civil war. 

52 minutes ago, WarGalley said:

Yeah.. people hate the Mandarin switch but I loved it. What I hated was the "substitute an army of meaningless and uninteresting robots or Chitauri for an army of meaningless and uninteresting Extremists soldiers." Guy Pierce didn't need to be the real Mandarin either.. they could have saved that character and done it proper in another movie even with the way IM3 turned out.

I agree about the Mandarin switch. I laughed at all the Ben Kingsley scenes the moment he came out of the loo.

Archived