Orphan Black 3: So, sometimes stuff just works out[SPOILERS]

RedEyedGhost

6 hours ago, karaddin said:

Not sure this actually needs spoiler tags since it's all speculation but

Hide contents

If they do that I'm going to lose my shit, mainly due to meta issues outside this show but that's far too cruel. An absurd quantity of the queer women on TV have been killed off so far this year, and while OB could have done that at other times without so firmly hitting 'bury your gay' if it does it right after reuniting them then it most certainly is and fuck that.

But the comments I've seen are to the effect that the cast/crew are well aware of the uproar and issues and struggled to keep quiet about Delphine being alive as a result, so i really dont think that's where it's going.

I'll stick to spoiler tagging even though it's just speculation 

Yeah I can see that issue. I can see several of the clones being in danger, Cosima primarily because of her illness (which is hinted at even more in the trailer). But we've had the Cosima near-death before. And yes, I agree it would be both cruel and problematic to have Cosima killed off as soon as she reunites with Delphine. Like you say though, the cast and crew do seem fairly respectful and aware of the surrounding issues

Those are my concerns about the finale, though I do think this crew is sensitive to these things.  

Looking at the finale preview and wondering whose hand Krystal is holding.  First thoughts are that it's Adele, but that almost seems too convenient and coincidental.  Though if Adele is going to accidentally run into any clone, it would be Krystal.  Really hoping we get Krystal into clone club soon.  

On 6/11/2016 at 2:38 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

I did yes and I just hope

Reveal hidden contents

They don't go and kill Cosima after getting her so close to Delphine

:crying: I don't think they would but still...

The sneak peak I saw was all

Krystal going "TMZ" at a Brightborn press conference, confusing the actual reports as she asks about Neolution and Delphine.

1 hour ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Hide contents

Krystal going "TMZ" at a Brightborn press conference, confusing the actual reports as she asks about Neolution and Delphine.

I think it's the same one but

There is a brief shot of Cosima and Charlotte where Cosima looks like she could be suffering one of her bad moments because of her illness. There isn't a lot to suggest she dies, it just had me thinking of season 2 (where she is sat with Kira

1 hour ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Reveal hidden contents

There must be more than one promo going around as the one I saw has Krystal sitting at some sort of cafe, grabbing the hand of a blonde person while talking on the phone demanding answers in exchange for info about Delphine.  

1 hour ago, Ser Quork said:

Expected for two years now that the fifth season would be the final one, only official now.

Well, that was pretty intense.  Don't really buy Sarah getting overpowered by Rachel so much in her condition but I suppose it's what needed to be done.  I thought Sarah could've finished off Rachel with a good knife throw, but she'll live to fight another day, hopefully. 

So the messenger is Westmoreland?  Did he develop the eye implant? Or are the islanders just a smaller sect of Neolutionists? Do the board work for him or just that one guy that saved Delphine and killed Evie?  I guess the episode left more questions than it answered but that can be expected from the penultimate season finale.

Also good to have Evelyn Brochu back, she's a real beauty, hope she has a strong career after OB as I think she could do well in Hollywood.

3 hours ago, Igziabeher said:

Well, that was pretty intense.  Don't really buy Sarah getting overpowered by Rachel so much in her condition but I suppose it's what needed to be done.  I thought Sarah could've finished off Rachel with a good knife throw, but she'll live to fight another day, hopefully. 

So the messenger is Westmoreland?  Did he develop the eye implant? Or are the islanders just a smaller sect of Neolutionists? Do the board work for him or just that one guy that saved Delphine and killed Evie?  I guess the episode left more questions than it answered but that can be expected from the penultimate season finale.

Also good to have Evelyn Brochu back, she's a real beauty, hope she has a strong career after OB as I think she could do well in Hollywood.

The messenger is not Westmoreland. At least that was my take away from his and Delphine's talk. They referred to "him" who is presumably Westmoreland. I suppose Westmoreland is head of the board, and that was the person ringing the doorbell at the end. The board did tell Rachel the "Westmoreland will see you now". Kind of plays into my theory I briefly mentioned that the Northern islanders were sort of a core group of Neolutionists. (And I also called the visions in the eye coming from the person who made the eye, who lived in the North of the island. Yes, I am smug, because I am so seldom correct :D

Sarah being overpowered was a bit of a disbelief, but I could buy it because she was taken by surprise (too focused on Susan) and once she had been whacked she didn't have a lot of chance to fight back. 

Can I just say Krystal was glorious this episode? "There's like, two groups, Estée Lauder, and Neolution." Her schooling Felix Art and Sarah was hilarious, and it was curious how close she was to the truth in her own misguided way. "She's a 7 on a good day and I'm like a total 10."

Also, RIP Evie Cho I guess. You kind of sucked as a villain. Yeah, we hated you, but...little development. Excited to have Rachel as big bad next season, with Westmoreland and the board presumably. 

Lots of questions going into the final season, but that is expected. Not sure why Delphine was saved, and not sure it will ever be explained, but Evelyn Brochu, so not complaining...

The Crystal scenes are gold. (and Sara's impersonation) :D

Rachel's murderous rampage caught me by surprise. I hoped Sara would put her down but Sara was never a killer. How many scientists do the Neolutionists have left? They lost Dr. Leekie and that other Dyad doctor with the cheek-bot, Dalphine probably hasn't done much work for them since her near-death experience. That army doctor  ("Mother") was taken out as well. Some embryologist doctor in Helsinki was put down as well in the comics, I think. The ambulance murder couple (bot-technicians/surgeons). Now they got rid of Evie Cho (bot-engineer), Susan and Cosima. How many more do they have left? The group in the island-village looked a little primitive.

Speaking of Island-Village, what was that plant they used to bandage Dalfine? I don't know what to make of them. They have an old-hippies vibe. Are they a cross between geneticists and natural herbal healers?

Now for crazy theory time. No one lives to be 200 years old. Westmoreland is not a human being. He's a computer AI built to replicate Westmoreland's personality (as detailed in his big book). He resides in the Neolutionists' artificial eyes' memory chips, looks through them at the world and directs his followers with cryptic visions.

Bless Krystal, bless her little heart.  She is so perfect and it was so Krystal of her to not believe she was Sarah's clone.  

The rest of it, I'm not all that impressed.  I've lost some of the strands.  Evie Cho didn't work as a sudden villain, this island group seems random, I don't know whether or not I'm supposed to know who Westmoreland is, I don't know how that beard man is.  There were a lot of enjoyable things this season and I'll tune in next season since it's the last one, but I'm not holding my breath for a satisfying conclusion.

But hey, at least Cosima saved herself.  I was worried she was going to die just after she and Delphine were reunited, which would have angered me greatly.  Instead, she even managed to trick Rachel into thinking she (rachel) got the cure.  

This is one of my favorite episodes yet, loved it. Krystal was glorious and Rachel is a ton of fun as villain. Also:

On ‎10‎-‎6‎-‎2016 at 7:55 PM, First of My Name said:

Wild prediction: the man Rachel keeps seeing in her eye is Westmoreland, author of the Neolution book, who used his knowledge of Neolution to 'evolve' as a human being and expand his life span indefinitely. It's far-fetched and logical at the same time to me.
Also I'm pretty sure he's on the Island, and possible was the man who was with Delphine. If that's the case I'm guessing Delphine is the one feeding Rachel's eye those images.

I was pretty damn close, and I'm pretty proud :P 

I interpreted the episode as the Messenger and Westmoreland being the same person, somewhat surprised that so many people think otherwise but it's also plausible that he isn't.

13 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

The messenger is not Westmoreland. At least that was my take away from his and Delphine's talk. They referred to "him" who is presumably Westmoreland. I suppose Westmoreland is head of the board, and that was the person ringing the doorbell at the end. The board did tell Rachel the "Westmoreland will see you now". Kind of plays into my theory I briefly mentioned that the Northern islanders were sort of a core group of Neolutionists. (And I also called the visions in the eye coming from the person who made the eye, who lived in the North of the island. Yes, I am smug, because I am so seldom correct :D

Also, RIP Evie Cho I guess. You kind of sucked as a villain. Yeah, we hated you, but...little development. Excited to have Rachel as big bad next season, with Westmoreland and the board presumably. 

Lots of questions going into the final season, but that is expected. Not sure why Delphine was saved, and not sure it will ever be explained, but Evelyn Brochu, so not complaining...

I took away all the same things except that I thought the messenger was Westmoreland.

Evie was present as a villain for three or four episodes, I don't really care that she wasn't really developed. At least next season is looking very promising villain-wise.

Delphine was a member of Topside, wasn't she? Plus she had a crapton of knowledge about research and stuff, seems to me she was pretty valuable to Neolution.

She had enough development for the role she played.  She was a sick child who used Neolution to stay healthy and that pretty much summed up why she's more invested in her bot technology to be Neolutions main purpose instead of cloning.  What was that saying "Neolution follows the science" or something.  Enough reason to want to shutdown Leda and the cloning side to the point of murder so she is the face of it all.

I thought that little UV light that sets off the bot was pretty cool too.  Don't know why they actively input bots that will kill them if they do much as irritate it.  Is there not a safer version yet or is that Neolution's way of controlling their clients?

Overall, great recovery from last season, but I do think the season lost a bit of steam towards the end -- the Beth stuff was, by far, the strongest aspect. I feel like the show is sort of struggling with giving clones besides Sarah and Cosima something to do. Helena didn't do anything this season besides be pregnant. That's fine, as she became too much of a deus ex machina. Ali had a little bit more to do, but with each passing season, she's becoming more removed. When you consider that and the fact that I find Cosima pathologically boring -- she's been dying since season one -- I'm hoping the final season brings the girls together as a unit more. Is this the first season that didn't end in a dance party?

Weird how the Icelandic clone sort of disappeared at the end of the season -- that seemed strange, considering she was the focus for all the pre-season promotion. I echo the choir. Krystal is clone MVP. I know the dangers of going to the well too often, but I really hope they put her in every episode next season.

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Cal's total absence from the season was a bit weird too. Did they just ditch him after they flamed the cabin? Or is he supposed to be the one who told the Neolutionists where they were?

Availability issues. Evelyn Brochu is a regular on another Canadian show which I think films in Vancouver, so during Season 3 she was clocking up a lot of hours flying to and from Toronto. There was some speculation that they came up with the "presumed dead" plot to give her a break for a year before (presumably) coming back in the final season.

For Huisman the issues are a bit more complicated. The shooting of Thrones and Black partially overlaps but then Black goes longer (I think they film up to February, whilst Thrones finishes in December), so he can easily come back for the last few episodes and might be able to fit in some smaller performances earlier in the series. It's also possible that his appearances are filmed very close together, so he might be available for longer periods. But he's also picking up more and more TV and film work, so it might have just not been possible to bring him back.

23 hours ago, shadowbinding shoe said:

Now for crazy theory time. No one lives to be 200 years old. Westmoreland is not a human being. He's a computer AI built to replicate Westmoreland's personality (as detailed in his big book). He resides in the Neolutionists' artificial eyes' memory chips, looks through them at the world and directs his followers with cryptic visions.

I like that theory ! 

Somehow, I'm sad Rachel ended up being the villain for next season. I would have loved to see her join Clone Club, but still, looking forward to see where she will go from here ! 

Btw, guys, I'm confused about the cure : some of you (and people on the internet) say that Cosima managed to smuggle it from Rachel, but I dont remember any indication of that... I must have missed a bit (I knew she was planning on getting it back before Rachel stabbed Susan but I thought that the stabbing forced her to abort the mission and run away without it). 

9 minutes ago, Arkash said:

I like that theory ! 

Somehow, I'm sad Rachel ended up being the villain for next season. I would have loved to see her join Clone Club, but still, looking forward to see where she will go from here ! 

Btw, guys, I'm confused about the cure : some of you (and people on the internet) say that Cosima managed to smuggle it from Rachel, but I dont remember any indication of that... I must have missed a bit (I knew she was planning on getting it back before Rachel stabbed Susan but I thought that the stabbing forced her to abort the mission and run away without it). 

She tells Delphine "I finished out homework" and then a little later Delphine looks at something in Cosima's belongings and tells her "you mustn't tell anyone. It's not safe here." That would be the cure. 

Also, the structure of the house means Cosima and Charlotte could only have seen Susan's stabbing after Cosima had been to the lab. The lab is downstairs, and Cosima tells Charlotte to wait at the bottom of the stairs before going along the corridor to the lab. The two then go upstairs and see Rachel stab Susan.

Oh thanks for the clarification Helena ! :) 

Yeah, everything pointed out to the cure when Delphine took that "vaccine" from Cosima's bag but I think I found it too "good to be true" so part of me denied it and didnt accept it. 

But hell yeah if it's true ! Finally we can cure Cosima !!! (btw, looking at your signature I take it, like me, you were deeply entertained by Dorian last episode... but that's another story and a subject for another thread I should check it more often ! ^^)

Back to OB, would have been nice to have a check-up on Mark and Gracie this season. Anyways, I'm glad we got Ira, I like him ! 

Loved his little moment with Kira : 

"You had a brother with a scar."

"I'm nothing like my brothers."

Indeed Ira you are, though I wonder what you are capable of when pushed to your limits...

Archived