TTTNE CDLXIV - You can't take the sky from me

ab aeterno

11 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

"Cheers for the pint, Nemo."

um, nemo? What? :stunned:

He confused you for Prince Dakkar from Verne's 20,000 Leagues under the sea. Probably because of the beard.

Courtesy,

Your friendly neighbourhood Spiderman !

I am super confused. 

TKIB, whatever is going on, I hope you find you are looking for and live happily ever after. Have some good wine and ride a horse in the meadows of you get the chance, it helps you find all the peace that resides in your heart.  :grouphug: 

What are you doing TKIB?

Bleh, I'm hungover.

22 hours ago, RhaeBee said:

First, I don't know Avatar. I'm not even sure my Nickelodeon had it, if that's possible. 

You've never heard of Avatar? :o Please, please, please watch it. I'm not even exaggerating when I say it's the cartoon all other cartoons should strive to be. By far the best thing Nick has ever put out (second would be the sequel to Avatar, Legend of Korra).

1 hour ago, First of My Name said:

What are you doing TKIB?

Bleh, I'm hungover.

You've never heard of Avatar? :o Please, please, please watch it. I'm not even exaggerating when I say it's the cartoon all other cartoons should strive to be. By far the best thing Nick has ever put out (second would be the sequel to Avatar, Legend of Korra).

I have heard of it, but never watched it. Will give it a go. I'm currently catching up on my YouTube subscriptions and have a couple episodes left of The Last Kingdom. 

I'm having a really good day today. 

Not sure why I needed to announce that. 

2 hours ago, RhaeBee said:

I have heard of it, but never watched it. Will give it a go. I'm currently catching up on my YouTube subscriptions and have a couple episodes left of The Last Kingdom. 

I'm having a really good day today. 

Not sure why I needed to announce that. 

Oh good, I was wondering how you could never have heard of it. The first season isn't spectacular but season 2 and 3 are pretty amazing, and you'd be hard-pressed the find faults in the overall narrative. (I admit that nostalgia colors my opinion somewhat but the critics love the show too).

Well, why shouldn't you?

Also, has anyone here watched The Wire? I'm thinking of buying the DVD box to cuddle with this summer.

1 minute ago, Lord Sidious said:

Do it!!.

You had the perfect opportunity to use that Palpatine gif here :P Shame.

The good news is that I found a site that offers it at half the price my go-to site does. The bad news is that in the last hour it has suddenly gone out of stock :tantrum: 

The good news is that I have been doing quite well with my thesis for the past week.

The bad news is that I kind of promised to my professor I would send the complete version in three weeks. :uhoh:

12 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

That was a particularly crap fight5 scene.

I don't even need to know which episode you're on to know which scene you're referring to.

4 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

Episode 7 spoilers:

Hide contents

So the way to keep all of Meereen happy is to let, what, 50 people at most watch a fight? Or is there a proper fighting pit coming later?

Without specifics:

Spoiler

The actual pits can hold considerably more than 50 people

Archived