TTTNE CDLXIV - You can't take the sky from me

ab aeterno

9 minutes ago, RhaeBee said:

What is the lies of Locke Lamora? (Other than a book) 

Nothing else, just a book title. Somebody in the Literature forum once called something the "best thing since the Lies of Locke Lamora" or something similar, so the expression kind of stayed on the forum. :P

58 minutes ago, Gryka zwyczajna said:

Nothing else, just a book title. Somebody in the Literature forum once called something the "best thing since the Lies of Locke Lamora" or something similar, so the expression kind of stayed on the forum. :P

I think that was the same thread which spawned "on fire with hate"

i love the lite forum

2 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

I can only foresee most things, not everything, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten thrown down a reactor core.

Sadly, no I don't think it counts, neither does a huge love of hop hops :(.

Wait, that wasn't part of your master plan?

Also I can't help but think of you every time I see a picture of a hop hop now :P 

1 hour ago, RhaeBee said:

#rewatchwithrhae 

#sorryaboutthespam

Hide contents

Oh but this is beautiful. Up there on the top ten best things about GoT. The satisfaction is real. Because you are bound to be rewarded somehow for still watching after all the characters you loved died. You get to see Stannis's demise...! Nothing since Hermione punching Malfoy has been so sweet. May the High Sparrow meet a similarly satisfying end. :cheers: 

You're not seriously apologizing for spam in a thread dedicated to it? :P 

I agree with what you said about the wight in your previous posts btw. And also

Spoiler

Technically we don't get to see Stannis' demise.

And what's so bad about the septon? He's not nearly as saintly as he paints himself but there are far worse people still out there.

4 hours ago, Gryka zwyczajna said:

Indeed it was. He was an ACTUAL AUTHOR, you see. ;)

Hah, I think it was manhole eunuchsbane made that his custom title. You get some real gems in lit. Myshkin's Wet for Nessie, for example...

14 hours ago, First of My Name said:

You're not seriously apologizing for spam in a thread dedicated to it? :P 

I agree with what you said about the wight in your previous posts btw. And also

Reveal hidden contents

And what's so bad about the septon? He's not nearly as saintly as he paints himself but there are far worse people still out there.

Well me rambling about old GoT episodes is kinda off topic and of zero interest to anybody but me. 

Spoiler

No, sadly we don't get to see his actual death, but we do get to see the his downfall and everything that leads to his death. 

The HS is a fanatic hypocrite. 

greetings spamlanders....just a quick sniff and a leg lift to let everyone know the sniffer lives....

have been spending entirely too much time trolling north of the wall...

here's hoping everyone is doing ok...welcome home Nym...

and Bear if S5E6 pissed you off just wait...

now, on to entertainment to get a soccer team to root for...that's right i said soccer, Bear...deal with it

:smoking:

17 minutes ago, rocksniffer said:

and Bear if S5E6 pissed you off just wait...

now, on to entertainment to get a soccer team to root for...that's right i said soccer, Bear...deal with it

I'm all caught up now including Sundays ep.

Spoiler

Sansa's rape was at least kind of followed up on, not just brushed under the carpet.

If you think I should be more pissed about Stannis, I'm not. It seemed a bit rushed sure, but that is the difference in format between book and show, Stannis is absolutely on the brink and everything is collapsing around him.

The direwolves all being killed off is a shame, but they're not as important as in the books and a serious drain on the budget.

All of Arya's stuff is a mess however, Dorne was as pointless as can be. And still don't care about Dany's storyline. But hey the Iron Islands are back and look to be nicely streamlined, although the crowning of Euron really highlighted how much of a bad idea routinely drowning your leaders is, how many kings didn't survive their coronations?

And they cancelled CleganeBowl! :crying: Didn't like this episodes use of Jaime, it seems like he's not even slightly conflicted about Cersei.

I'm actually not really a football fan, so doesn't bother me too much. Rugby all the way.

6 minutes ago, The EnglishBear said:

Hide contents

Sansa's rape was at least kind of followed up on, not just brushed under the carpet.

If you think I should be more pissed about Stannis, I'm not. It seemed a bit rushed sure, but that is the difference in format between book and show, Stannis is absolutely on the brink and everything is collapsing around him.

The direwolves all being killed off is a shame, but they're not as important as in the books and a serious drain on the budget.

All of Arya's stuff is a mess however, Dorne was as pointless as can be. And still don't care about Dany's storyline. But hey the Iron Islands are back and look to be nicely streamlined, although the crowning of Euron really highlighted how much of a bad idea routinely drowning your leaders is, how many kings didn't survive their coronations?

And they cancelled CleganeBowl! :crying: Didn't like this episodes use of Jaime, it seems like he's not even slightly conflicted about Cersei.

Spoiler

i was referring to burning shireen...for me that was worse than sansa getting raped...and the follow up with davos not killing red woman immediately, though to be fair he has yet to discover that she burned the kid...last week i was hoping that when he, sansa, and jon showed up at the same camp area he would find the little deer he carved for her burned but recognizable which would at least lead him to question her further...

i was also referring to the deaths of hodor and summer, i do get that the wolves are costly and don't serve the same purpose in show as they do in books...nevertheless, i for one have enjoyed this season and have shouted out loud my shock more than once...not when jon woke up though...that bit was weak, imo

not only did they cancel bowl, but zombie mountain didn't even get to kill lancel, just some random dude...wasted effort...when i heard cersei say i chose violence i wanted the mountain to kill all the fuckers...that is violence! one dude getting his head ripped off was a waste.

and i wanted the whole arya/waif fight...and i was one of the kool-aid drinkers who thought both of the girls were not who they appeared to be...my own thought was waif was arya since she killed trant in a similar way jumping on back and stabbing...i also played with the idea that 'arya' in that scene was really Jaqen, to test if waif would follow his instructions

but alas it turned out to be just miracle healing run amok...

but such is life...

22 minutes ago, The EnglishBear said:

Hide contents

I'm actually not really a football fan, so doesn't bother me too much. Rugby all the way.

Oh, I thought you would have been bothered by

Shireen burning. Ere was a bit of an outcry over that last year.

Yes, Dorne was just Dorne and wow, S6/01 was just a WTF moment on that front. From what I have read/heard about the show since then though it has been very much been put in the back seat which can only be a good thing.

Having read a few recaps based on your comments, I would not give up hope on Cleganebowl. IMO it was never going to happen at Cersei's trial, at least in the books. Far too much working against that idea, both Sandor's distance from KL and the fact he is guilty of desertion and (at least as far as most are concerned) the Sack of the Saltpans (it was Rorge and Biter of course but wearing the Hound's helmet). So he was never going to champion the Faith. Plenty of other opportunities though. Hopefully when Cersei inevitably KABOOMS King's Landing and the two get to fight amidst wildfire... *tinfoil hat*

48 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Oh, I thought you would have been bothered by

Hide contents

Shireen burning. Ere was a bit of an outcry over that last year.

Yes, Dorne was just Dorne and wow, S6/01 was just a WTF moment on that front. From what I have read/heard about the show since then though it has been very much been put in the back seat which can only be a good thing.

Having read a few recaps based on your comments, I would not give up hope on Cleganebowl. IMO it was never going to happen at Cersei's trial, at least in the books. Far too much working against that idea, both Sandor's distance from KL and the fact he is guilty of desertion and (at least as far as most are concerned) the Sack of the Saltpans (it was Rorge and Biter of course but wearing the Hound's helmet). So he was never going to champion the Faith. Plenty of other opportunities though. Hopefully when Cersei inevitably KABOOMS King's Landing and the two get to fight amidst wildfire... *tinfoil hat*

Spoiler

Look it was brutal, but it worked for me given how desperate Stannis was, 'forward at all costs.' This struggle wasn't easily shown given the shows limited time, but in the books we see just how grim things are. And the fallout from it was realistically done, the men deserting, his wife giving up. His death was quite nice too, him just accepting that he probably deserved it.

Yes, fuck what they did to Doran. I'd been looking forward to the snake in the grass analogy all storyline.

That sounds so good: *puts on tinfoil hat too*

Oh and as a weird aside: ToJ was a little disappointing, Dayne with two swords? WTF, does Dawn exist in this world? And then Howland just stabs him in the back, I was certain their was Warg shenanigans going on, or at least a net, nope just stab him in the back.

for those not on my facebook feed.  I give you this RNotD event

I feel very old.

I've just had to set up an account for a new starter, with the first name of Rheagar.

I've known that there where children out there with names from the serries, but to encounter one thats now grown up and has a job. :scared:

Please get off my lawn.

Assuming thats not someone who changed their name by de-pole then I think he may be the oldset Rheagar born with that name.

6 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Hah, I think it was manhole eunuchsbane made that his custom title. You get some real gems in lit. Myshkin's Wet for Nessie, for example...

Yep, this whole forum has its moments.

5 hours ago, RhaeBee said:

Well me rambling about old GoT episodes is kinda off topic and of zero interest to anybody but me. 

Wait, we have a topic? I did not get the memo.

My phone obviously does not know what the spoiler tags are for.

20 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Also I can't help but think of you every time I see a picture of a hop hop now :P 

Reveal hidden contents

Goooood,goooooood, all Hop Hops work for The Sith.

1 minute ago, Lord Sidious said:

The best one in that link is this:

https://a.dilcdn.com/bl/wp-content/uploads/sites/25/2016/03/Real-Life-Judy-Hopps.jpg

A Police Hop Hop, although I suspect it would be a bit too easy to bribe with carrots.

This is an amazing hop hop. I wonder what he/she actually does.

1 hour ago, Gryka zwyczajna said:

No. :(

(22 hours without spam? Did everybody decide to hibernate the summer away?)

Everybody is watching football. 

Or drinking. 

Or both.

I can hear the cheers and the cusses from the street through the open window. I didn't watch the match, but it was apparently a success. 

Who wants some of The Wine? 

Archived