TTTNE CDLXIV - You can't take the sky from me

ab aeterno

4 hours ago, RhaeBee said:

17 years spent in the education system (does that sound horrible or what?)

When you put it like that, yeah, it sounds pretty horrible.

I am nearing 18 years in it (not counting kindergarten :P ). And lo and behold, here I am, wishing I could do a PhD in a few years ... what is wrong with me? :uhoh:

1 hour ago, First of My Name said:

I've done that too.

;) 

Two bottles, three if it's relatively cheap.

I knew I recognized that avatar from somewhere. I only caught glimpses of that show but I remember the intro pretty well.

I was thinking the same, two to three bottles sound reasonable, a whole box would be too much (even though it's cheap), plus I would have to carry it home. 

It was and still is one of my favorite cartoons. 

35 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I am nearing 18 years in it (not counting kindergarten :P ). And lo and behold, here I am, wishing I could do a PhD in a few years ... what is wrong with me? :uhoh:

You have a very academic soul. :) That's a nice thing. 17 years was perfectly enough for me at least for now. I might go back and study humanities one day, but most certainly not in the next couple years. 

3 minutes ago, RhaeBee said:

You have a very academic soul. :) That's a nice thing. 17 years was perfectly enough for me at least for now. I might go back and study humanities one day, but most certainly not in the next couple years. 

I do not know that cartoon. Obviously I know too litle of pop culture ... *grumbles* today's youth somethingsomething *grumbles* Pat&Mat and Lolek&Bolek for life. :commie:

It would be a nice thing if it were profitable, as in, you could live off it. :lol:

Ok first off, fuck you Windows 10, I didn't want you and you installed when I was away down the shops, but now your on my computer you're full of bugs. Fuck you.

And I have given in, after getting all of the spoilers of Season 5 and so far in 6 regardless of me wanting them. I'm going to catch up.

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

That's a good thing in a person IMO. While studying and school suck, learning in itself is great, and one of the better things you could put your energy in.

1 hour ago, RhaeBee said:

I was thinking the same, two to three bottles sound reasonable, a whole box would be too much (even though it's cheap), plus I would have to carry it home. 

Yeah, it's enough that you can enjoy it for a while, but not too much that people will claim you lost control.

My favorite Nick cartoon will always be Avatar. Planning to marathon that next week with a friend.

9 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

And I have given in, after getting all of the spoilers of Season 5 and so far in 6 regardless of me wanting them. I'm going to catch up.

Season 6 has been a pleasant surprise for me so far.

2 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Ok first off, fuck you Windows 10, I didn't want you and you installed when I was away down the shops, but now your on my computer you're full of bugs. Fuck you.

I hate windows 10. Fortunately after my old laptop went to the knackers yard my new one only had Windows 8 so I've just kept that. Still keep getting asked to instal 10 though :rolleyes: I liked my windows 7 though

15 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I hate windows 10. Fortunately after my old laptop went to the knackers yard my new one only had Windows 8 so I've just kept that. Still keep getting asked to instal 10 though :rolleyes: I liked my windows 7 though

I thought I'd turned off the updates. But nope the auto-install happened when I was nowhere in sight. I wanted to keep Windows 7, I had it how I liked it. If my dad had his way we'd all still be using '95. This Windows 10 bullshit is a step too far, I have no worry with a company updating their software, but straight up invasively making me update (with no officially released workarounds available this is what it is) is a right dick move. They can shove it up their arse.

I never really cared for Bronn (show or book,) so colour me surprised when I'm happy to see him back in S5.

The names Lannister, Jaime Lannister, Jaime Fucking Lannister.

9 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

I thought I'd turned off the updates. But nope the auto-install happened when I was nowhere in sight. I wanted to keep Windows 7, I had it how I liked it. If my dad had his way we'd all still be using '95. This Windows 10 bullshit is a step too far, I have no worry with a company updating their software, but straight up invasively making me update (with no officially released workarounds available this is what it is) is a right dick move. They can shove it up their arse.

I never really cared for Bronn (show or book,) so colour me surprised when I'm happy to see him back in S5.

The names Lannister, Jaime Lannister, Jaime Fucking Lannister.

Yeah that sucks.

im not the most objective person but I will say "don't get your hopes up too high". Even big fans of the show were pretty critical of that storyline

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 6:10 AM, rocksniffer said:

hey Steve...good to see ya man...

i would like to hear about KT as well... been real concerned he was here one morning, jan 2nd or so, like normal next day gone...not one word since that i can find...

So far no luck. Ugh. Where the heck is he? I hope he's okay.

22 hours ago, RhaeBee said:

Two years ago when I graduated I was given a bottle of wine to open at the end of my first day at work. As I went to Msc and never got a full time job, the wine was placed in a rack to patiently wait for the end of my first day at work. Life happened, however, and I ended up opening the wine the end of an unfortunate day. While it was the second best wine I ever had, I did have some minor regrets, because it was my intention to keep that wine for a special (and preferably positive) occassion. Such as my first day at work or submitting my thesis or my upcoming very last graduation to mark 17 years spent in the education system (does that sound horrible or what?). So I decided to track down and repurchase the wine, it is not a glass slipper after all, just a 100% replaceable bottle of wine. Even though I had seen the wine in a home store about a year ago (but never bothered to buy it so the story would be more thrilling - no, I was just stupid), this time it seemed impossible to find it anywhere. It's not in super markets, it's not in any liquor store in my area, it's not even in hipster wine stores in my area. So I went online, only to find it sold out in the three largest and most well known wine webshops. But today. I finally found it. I finally stalked it down. I finally found a bar across town with The Wine on its wine card. And now I can't decide how many bottles I want to pick up. Enough to last a couple special occasions, but not too many. After all, I don't want it to lose its cachet, do I? 

And, Buckwheat, my avatar is Courtney Gripling from the oh-so-adorable-and-ingenious '00s cartoon As told by Ginger. 

I've had that happen to me with wine, whiskey...and women for that matter.

Buy 4 bottles. One for the next "it's the best day of my life" moment, one for a special day 5 years from now, and one for 15 long years down the road to bring back pleasant memories.

The fourth bottle: Send it to me. JK. Save that bottle for the time where someone does something truly helpful to you and you can't think of how to repay them. Simply give them a heartfelt thanks, and an amazing bottle of wine.

EDIT: Maybe a 5th, because everyone needs a bottle of wine put to the side for one of those incredibly shitty days.

13 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Here is where I want to share an inappropriate anecdote but wont. I'm such a grown up, says he at 2 in the morning down two bottles of wine. :smug:

You cannot just post something like that and expect us not to inquire.

What happened, BB? :whip:

Buckwheat, I don't think it's pop culture, for some reason it never got particularly popular. I didn't know any other kids who watched it back in the day. 

First, I don't know Avatar. I'm not even sure my Nickelodeon had it, if that's possible. 

Steve, five? :lol: nah, that's almost a box, I'm not carrying that home... Besides, the fewer bottles I have, the more likely I am to open them sparingly. If I have five bottles lying around, I will just end up reaching for it at every turn, because there's more anyways. 

BB and Helena, I hate Win10 too. I don't get how it's supposed to work. Win8 and Xp were the best. 

5 hours ago, RhaeBee said:

Buckwheat, I don't think it's pop culture, for some reason it never got particularly popular. I didn't know any other kids who watched it back in the day. 

First, I don't know Avatar. I'm not even sure my Nickelodeon had it, if that's possible. 

Steve, five? :lol: nah, that's almost a box, I'm not carrying that home... Besides, the fewer bottles I have, the more likely I am to open them sparingly. If I have five bottles lying around, I will just end up reaching for it at every turn, because there's more anyways. 

BB and Helena, I hate Win10 too. I don't get how it's supposed to work. Win8 and Xp were the best. 

Okay, you win.

Buy a box. :P

hello boys and girls...i am sniffing through looking for spam...like this

13 hours ago, Steve Stark said:

So far no luck. Ugh. Where the heck is he? I hope he's okay.

me too...keep trying Steve...or PM me a way to try....I am really worried ...i miss his daily wisdom

thanks for your efforts, my friend

:smoking:

Guys , I don't know how to say this , but I'm giving up the life of a worldly man to go in exile and live as a hermit. As a ritual,I'm giving away all my temporal possessions , including my account. So let me take this opportunity of my last post on this board to thank y'all for being my friends , and I hope you show the same compassion and inclusiveness to the next guy. Maybe he'll continue under this name , maybe he won't. Anyway, goodbye good folks of tttne , and I hope one day you too find peace.

The King in Black 

PS the guy is kind of a tool , so please be gentle with him.

Hey Everyone 

So, what exactly is this place all about ? And exactly what is TTTNE ? this website's kinda cooky, not to mention so damn big. nothing's sort of making any sense. Anyway, long time show lover, looking forward to some fun times !

Courtesy,

Your friendly neighbourhood Spiderman ! 

ps don't worry all book things can be freely discussed I've read all their Wikipedias 

On 03/06/2016 at 6:31 PM, RhaeBee said:

Two years ago when I graduated I was given a bottle of wine to open at the end of my first day at work. As I went to Msc and never got a full time job, the wine was placed in a rack to patiently wait for the end of my first day at work. Life happened, however, and I ended up opening the wine the end of an unfortunate day. While it was the second best wine I ever had, I did have some minor regrets, because it was my intention to keep that wine for a special (and preferably positive) occassion. Such as my first day at work or submitting my thesis or my upcoming very last graduation to mark 17 years spent in the education system (does that sound horrible or what?). So I decided to track down and repurchase the wine, it is not a glass slipper after all, just a 100% replaceable bottle of wine. Even though I had seen the wine in a home store about a year ago (but never bothered to buy it so the story would be more thrilling - no, I was just stupid), this time it seemed impossible to find it anywhere. It's not in super markets, it's not in any liquor store in my area, it's not even in hipster wine stores in my area. So I went online, only to find it sold out in the three largest and most well known wine webshops. But today. I finally found it. I finally stalked it down. I finally found a bar across town with The Wine on its wine card. And now I can't decide how many bottles I want to pick up. Enough to last a couple special occasions, but not too many. After all, I don't want it to lose its cachet, do I? 

And, Buckwheat, my avatar is Courtney Gripling from the oh-so-adorable-and-ingenious '00s cartoon As told by Ginger. 

The right answer is you buy one bottle of Monarch single malt.

Courtesy,

Your friendly neighbourhood Spiderman !

Archived