TTTNE CDLXIV - You can't take the sky from me

ab aeterno

It's shameful behavior, Buck. I'm just gonna start spamming.

Funnily, my love of Star Wars music has gotten me a meet-up with a gay guy. I know him from elementary school and coincidentally ran into him again, he turns out to be gay too, and we started texting a little. Eventually we get into an argument whether John Williams or Hans Zimmer is a better composer and now we've agreed that we have to meet so we can one-up each other with our favorite soundtracks and decide once and for all who the best composer is. Life is random.

(Note: of course someone who considers Williams' 'Across the Stars' merely okay could never be the right guy for me).

8 minutes ago, Eyron said:

Hehee, that is great FoMN!

I am myself at a club wondering what I am doing here, but it is kinda fun. People are being pretty hilarious.

Yeah :) I really enjoy talking to him too. He said his perfect Sunday would be reading in bed all day with his SO, so maybe there's hope for him yet...

I wonder that most times I'm in a club :P They're fun but it's not usually my kind of music, and since I'm not a much of a dancer I usually just vaguely move around a little

Though two days ago I had a good time most of the night (even though I did some things I probably shouldn't have, but those things will make good stories at parties, I guess? :lol:)

11 hours ago, First of My Name said:

(Note: of course someone who considers Williams' 'Across the Stars' merely okay could never be the right guy for me).

Certainly. ;)

I was at some kind of a party two days ago, but not in a club. It was a relative's birthday and there were plenty of older relatives I have not seen in ages. There was also unlikeable (to me) music and likeable food, of course.

I was at Waterstones today, book shopping (for shame H! You have too many already). Picked up the Lies of Locke Lamora and the cashier offered the perfect opportunity for my line :lol:. She said "Oh, I love that book it's brilliant. I'm really excited for the new one later this year."

Had to bite my lip to stop "You've not been so excited for a book release since..." 

I'm a sad act

Quizzes are my guilty pleasure as we all know. 

Lada the goddess of harmony, merriment, youth, love and beauty. 

Who knew there were Slavic gods? Now I must go google this. 

Trivia: Lada the car was not named after Lada the goddess. It was named after the Russian name (lad'ya) of a Viking longship as seen in its logo. 

Amazing. 

Now I am glad I posted this, to make RB come out of the shadows! *waves* Hello, welcome back!

It looks like I am Lada as well. I have never heard of that goddess before, though I knew there were Slavic gods.

"Ladja" is also the Slovene word for "ship". Fun fact.

19 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I was at Waterstones today, book shopping (for shame H! You have too many already). Picked up the Lies of Locke Lamora and the cashier offered the perfect opportunity for my line :lol:. She said "Oh, I love that book it's brilliant. I'm really excited for the new one later this year."

Had to bite my lip to stop "You've not been so excited for a book release since..." 

I'm a sad act

:lol: Damn it, that's a missed opportunity.

17 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Tell me about your opinions as you read it, if you like. :) I am still not done with it (slow reader mainly because of the MA these days), but I would be pleased to see some thoughts.

Daily silly Internet quiz for you all, as we have not had any of those in a long time.

Stribog the god and spirit of the winds, sky and air. The included picture is Dumbledore with a whip.

Archived