[Spoilers] Rant and Rave without Reprecussions - Season 6 Edition

Ran

21 minutes ago, Karmarni said:

Yes, I think this is it.

• He needs help with figuring out what next to do, enter Fansa. 
  • He needs help to figure out how to do that, enter Fansa.
  • He needs help to figure out who to go to to get an army, enter Fansa.
  • He needs a lovely northern-looking cloak like daddy's, enter Fansa.
  • He needs someone with a Stark (maiden) name, enter Fansa.
  • Eventually, he'll need further help in the armed forces department, no worries, mate, enter Fansa.

Jon has become the new damsel in distress and Fansa has become the knight rescuing her (him). It fits. He has prettier hair and she's a foot taller than him.

:lol: :lmao:

So Tommen was this close to allowing his wife to be paraded naked through the streets of KL for the huge crime of lying when testifying about her brother and had to make a deal to prevent that. This is about as dumb as it gets. If this whole plotline was remotely plausible, Tommen and the Tyrells would have gotten Margaery back by force right after she was taken. The Faith is nowhere near strong enough to plausible dominate aking like that. The whole plotline is so dumb.

45 minutes ago, Karmarni said:

Yes, I think this is it.

• He needs help with figuring out what next to do, enter Fansa. 
  • He needs help to figure out how to do that, enter Fansa.
  • He needs help to figure out who to go to to get an army, enter Fansa.
  • He needs a lovely northern-looking cloak like daddy's, enter Fansa.
  • He needs someone with a Stark (maiden) name, enter Fansa.
  • Eventually, he'll need further help in the armed forces department, no worries, mate, enter Fansa.

Jon has become the new damsel in distress and Fansa has become the knight rescuing her (him). It fits. He has prettier hair and she's a foot taller than him.

That is it in a nutshell. And the show runners said they did not change a thing this season because of Seaons 5 Sansa empowerment. :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, David Selig said:

So Tommen was this close to allowing his wife to be paraded naked through the streets of KL for the huge crime of lying when testifying about her brother and had to make a deal to prevent that. This is about as dumb as it gets. If this whole plotline was remotely plausible, Tommen and the Tyrells would have gotten Margaery back by force right after she was taken. The Faith is nowhere near strong enough to plausible dominate aking like that. The whole plotline is so dumb.

Yep. One of the few times I wish Joff was still there. Kill them, Kill them all.

3 minutes ago, David Selig said:

This is why I've always ranted against aging up Tommen to a teenager, who would then be old enough to make his own decisions and function as a leader.   It never had anything to do w/Marg Boelyn and sex, but that the older Tommen, when he is completely paralyzed, turns him into a joke of a character, he acts like an 8 year old, but isn't 8.  He's plenty old enough to direct the KG and gold cloaks and Lannister forces...only this doesn't serve the plot, so he's non functional for huge lengths of time.

17 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

This is why I've always ranted against aging up Tommen to a teenager, who would then be old enough to make his own decisions and function as a leader.   It never had anything to do w/Marg Boelyn and sex, but that the older Tommen, when he is completely paralyzed, turns him into a joke of a character, he acts like an 8 year old, but isn't 8.  He's plenty old enough to direct the KG and gold cloaks and Lannister forces...only this doesn't serve the plot, so he's non functional for huge lengths of time.

That is a major problem with this adaptation in general. They change one thing, but then can't be bothered to change other stuff which is related to it and it becomes a huge mess full of major contradictions.

22 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Yep. One of the few times I wish Joff was still there. Kill them, Kill them all.

That would have been a way more plausible reaction by a king put in such position.

2 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

This is so true. We are now more than halfway through this season and Jon hasn't done shit besides sulk, sofa crash the NW, and mooch food from the kitchens. Then his sister shows up and he gets lied to and seems to believe it, especially when we see the previews for episode 7 have Tormund rallying the Wildling troops. 

So with all of this non-development of Jon, why should we care about his safety in bastardbowl? Is it his hair? :thumbsup:

Nope, bastardbowl will be about Ramsay and what happens to him because he is a show runner favorite for ratings. 

This coming week Jon will watch Sansa and Davos rally the north.

56 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

But Jaime's characterisation as a puppet is even worse, considering his character journey.

54 minutes ago, LazyBazooka said:

Loras will probably be found guilty at the trial even though the evidence against him is weak as fuck, and he'll be executed by being boiled in oil or something.

Maybe they'll go the Edward II route and have a hot poker shoved up his *Bleeeeep* because that would be in keeping with the Faith Taliban's subtlety on issues of homosexuality.

I think the showrunners are just hoping everyone forgets about Dorne at this point...that's the only explanation I can come up with for how a bunch of psycho women can murder the king's sister, along with their lord and his son, and yet no one gives a shit, while somehow Riverrun is suddenly the top priority despite the Riverlands basically being forgotten since the Red Wedding.

Trust me I am now reconsidering all sorts of things, like

Who is Anna Kendrik dating?

Who is Eva Green married to?

Up is Down, Black is White, Lannisters are sympathetic.  I can't take it.

Anyway, what the hell is the show's plan for Varys is he really there just to stroke St. Tyrion's ego or will he pull a Le It was me all along backstab soap opera moment?

Archived