[Spoilers] Rant and Rave without Reprecussions - Season 6 Edition

Ran

12 hours ago, LazyBazooka said:

What we all thought he was thinking: "I miss Brienne..."

What Larry was actually thinking: "So those are the Sapphire Isles? Wait a minute...why isn't it made of sapphires?"

And maybe, "I wish my sister Cersei was here!"

But wait! Sam is back! Inexplicably, he ignores all of the things he said before about no women being allowed in Maester school and tells Gilly and Little Aryan Sam to come with him. (Unless he is not going to Maester school anymore? Which is possible; perhaps he loves Gilly and Little Aryan Sam more than eating books after all.) Seems like they could’ve just done this to begin with and saved a lot of time and fuel costs, but Game of Thrones needs to stretch things out for another two seasons, so everyone is hurling rocks onto their own paths. Before they go, Sam steals his dad’s fancy sword and draws dicks all over the Horn Hill stationery.

http://www.mtv.com/news/2886711/game-of-thrones-recap-blood-of-my-blood/

And this

Sensing that This Bitch is going to come after her, Arya runs to her secret pile of rocks and retrieves Needle. This Bitch, whose only personality traits are “hating Arya for reasons that are never explained, resting on dated stereotypes about female competitiveness” and “once gave herself a bad Lob,” tells Jaqen that Arya didn’t do her Murder Homework, then reminds him that he “promised” she could kill Arya. He’s like, “Yeah, OK, do you need my stylist’s number? I really recommend the highlights.”

2 minutes ago, smarterthanyou said:

"Hold the door" is fucking stupid tin foil grade writing. D&D have really made this universe go downhill.

They are still rebelling against the book reports on themes in 8th grade. They want to show their teachers how it's really done.

Welcome to the r&r threads.

A couple of doozies from the blacknerd: http://blacknerdproblems.com/game-of-thrones-recap-blood-of-my-blood/

Sam is nervous as fuck, talking about all the trees along the road. Muthafucka, we out here dealing with White Walkers, dragonfire, and faceless men. Ain’t nobody out here give a good gotdamn about the species of trees. Which includes Gilly. Of course, Gilly still working on her social skills cuz she’s like gotdamn Sam, you talkin’ too much. Sam shut up for 2 seconds and she like, muthafucka you gonna speak or what? This is how Gilly manages conversation folks… let’s just call that foreshadowing.

[snip]

This shit [Horn Hill] look like Acropolis the day it was built. Winterfell look like Beirut next to this shit.

[snip]

Sam, if you don’t want the fam knowing you brought a wildling girl home for Thanksgiving, maybe stop somewhere and get a change of clothes that doesn’t say “I woke up in a camp North of the Wall like this.” Gotdamn man. Gilly look like she was caught in a fisherman’s net and they said fuck it, she can rock that, we’ll just add some insulation.

[snip]

And part me is like ALL THE KINGS THAT HAVE GOTTEN GOT ON THIS SHOW AND THIS LITTLE FLACCID DUDE [Tommen] IS STILL WALKING AROUND?

[snip]

Margaery start talking about how those Ted Talks from High Sparrow are having an effect on her and we already know Tommen came to get some feels on his wife, but he gonna be leaving with ideas that weren’t originally his.

[snip]

Of course, in the middle of Gilly defending her thesis, she happens to say “on our way down to Castle Black,” and you know Diet-Tywin didn’t miss that shit. He realizes that Gilly is a wildling and gotdamn does he ever hop in the booth on this shit. He’s basically pissed off because he set his expectations that Gilly was trying to re-enact the plot of Pretty Woman, but he’s even more upset because he feels like his son brought home a Democrat. A northern Democrat, at that.

[snip]

Before they leave, Sam goes to get his daddy’s chain by retrieving Heartsbane. Dude is practically sweating while taking it down from the wall and I’m sure he wishes his family had a Valyrian dagger or short blade compared to a fuckin’ greatsword.

[snip]

Lady Crane is about to drink her rum when Captain Save a Target come smack the poison out of her hand while blaming someone else for it. Fam, Arya had one job. ONE JOB. Starks are terrible at two things, taking care of their pets and following fucking directions, man. Arya done caught MAAAD bodies at this point, but Mercy out here dropping her contracts on purpose? Fuck. If you gonna leave your job and create your own start-up, then you need to at least learn the business first. She ain’t even learned how to change her face yet. It vexes me, y’all. I’m terribly vexed.

[snip]

Fam, the Iron Throne is under New Management. Jaime looking at his folks like “this can’t be life. My bloodline is a fucking joke and Lannister gonna be extinct before the White Walkers can even make it here.” Might as well had the Sparrows pick up instruments and start playing Rains of Castamere.

[snip]

Back up North, its revealed that the rider that saved Bran and Meera is in fact another Stark who went and got fucked up, uncle Benjen. Dude took that trip up North and then was gone till November. He said he got stabbed by a White Walker and left to die, but the Children found him and saved him by shoving some dragonglass into his heart. Apparently Dragonglass has the same effect that the adrenaline shot in Pulp Fiction had.

[snip]

I imagine Obama could’ve gotten gun control laws passed if dude came up in the chamber on Drogon’s back and a pocket empty where his fucks used to be.

:lmao:

Not specific to this episode but..

What we could have got:

"I want to live forever in a land where summer lasts a thousand years. I want a castle in the clouds where I can look down over the world. I want to be six-and-twenty again. When I was six-and-twenty I could fight all day and fuck all night. What men want does not matter. Winter is almost upon us, boy. And winter is death. I would sooner my men die fighting for the Ned's little girl than alone and hungry in the snow, weeping tears that freeze upon their cheeks. No one sings songs of men who die like that. As for me, I am old. This will be my last winter. Let me bathe in Bolton blood before I die. I want to feel it spatter across my face when my axe bites deep into a Bolton skull. I want to lick it off my lips and die with the taste of it on my tongue."

What we got:

"Your father was a cunt."

_____

What we could have got:

“Ramsay killed him. A sickness of the bowels, Maester Uthor says, but I say poison. In the Vale, Domeric had enjoyed the company of Redfort’s sons. He wanted a brother by his side, so he rode up the Weeping Water to seek my bastard out. I forbade it, but Domeric was a man grown and thought that he knew better than his father. Now his bones lie beneath the Dreadfort with the bones of his brothers, who died still in the cradle, and I am left with Ramsay. Tell me, my lord ... if the kinslayer is accursed, what is a father to do when one son slays another?”

“And won’t my bastard love that? Lady Walda is a Frey, and she has a fertile feel to her. I have become oddly fond of my fat little wife. The two before her never made a sound in bed, but this one squeals and shudders. I find that quite endearing. If she pops out sons the way she pops in tarts, the Dreadfort will soon be overrun with Boltons. Ramsay will kill them all, of course. That’s for the best. I will not live long enough to see new sons to manhood, and boy lords are the bane of any House. Walda will grieve to see them die, though.”

What we got:

"You will always be my first born."

______

What we could have got:

"It may be that we shall lose this battle," the king said grimly. "In Braavos you may hear that I am dead. It may even be true. You shall find my sellswords nonetheless." The knight hesitated. "Your Grace, if you are dead — " " — you will avenge my death, and seat my daughter on the Iron Throne. Or die in the attempt."

What we got:

"Give me 20 good men."

_____

Just saying...

The Kindly Man woke Arya up and played the Lying Game. He spotted her lies, things that happened that only someone at KL would know: How Arya killed the stable boy for example.

I think there is more to Jaqen/KM/The Waif. 

Then there is this recent interview to consider:

Full quote from the Hollywood Reporter (May 2016)

Does Jaqen H'ghar share Wlaschiha's admiration? The actor won't say, but he does suggest that the relationship between Jaqen and Arya is perhaps more predestined, or at least more purposeful, than one would initially think.

"From the beginning, he's somehow chosen her to be his apprentice," he says. "He wasn't in that cage for nothing. It wasn't just random. I think he always had a bigger plan for her. He's trying to teach her to the best of his abilities, even if sometimes that comes across as punishing or hurting her."

"I think Jaqen wants what's best for her," he continues, "because he has an agenda with her."

But Arya has an agenda of her own, according to Williams: "Arya this season will learn the most valuable lesson she has learned and will ever have learned. She's going to develop a skill that's going to come in handy and will benefit her for a very, very long time. I guess the people who are training her are going to almost create a bit of a monster. They're going to give away all of their best-kept secrets, and she's going to ultimately use that to her advantage."

2 hours ago, caprico4 said:

Not specific to this episode but..

What we could have got:

"I want to live forever in a land where summer lasts a thousand years. I want a castle in the clouds where I can look down over the world. I want to be six-and-twenty again. When I was six-and-twenty I could fight all day and fuck all night. What men want does not matter. Winter is almost upon us, boy. And winter is death. I would sooner my men die fighting for the Ned's little girl than alone and hungry in the snow, weeping tears that freeze upon their cheeks. No one sings songs of men who die like that. As for me, I am old. This will be my last winter. Let me bathe in Bolton blood before I die. I want to feel it spatter across my face when my axe bites deep into a Bolton skull. I want to lick it off my lips and die with the taste of it on my tongue."

What we got:

"Your father was a cunt."

_____

What we could have got:

“Ramsay killed him. A sickness of the bowels, Maester Uthor says, but I say poison. In the Vale, Domeric had enjoyed the company of Redfort’s sons. He wanted a brother by his side, so he rode up the Weeping Water to seek my bastard out. I forbade it, but Domeric was a man grown and thought that he knew better than his father. Now his bones lie beneath the Dreadfort with the bones of his brothers, who died still in the cradle, and I am left with Ramsay. Tell me, my lord ... if the kinslayer is accursed, what is a father to do when one son slays another?”

“And won’t my bastard love that? Lady Walda is a Frey, and she has a fertile feel to her. I have become oddly fond of my fat little wife. The two before her never made a sound in bed, but this one squeals and shudders. I find that quite endearing. If she pops out sons the way she pops in tarts, the Dreadfort will soon be overrun with Boltons. Ramsay will kill them all, of course. That’s for the best. I will not live long enough to see new sons to manhood, and boy lords are the bane of any House. Walda will grieve to see them die, though.”

What we got:

"You will always be my first born."

______

What we could have got:

"It may be that we shall lose this battle," the king said grimly. "In Braavos you may hear that I am dead. It may even be true. You shall find my sellswords nonetheless." The knight hesitated. "Your Grace, if you are dead — " " — you will avenge my death, and seat my daughter on the Iron Throne. Or die in the attempt."

What we got:

"Give me 20 good men."

_____

Just saying...

:(

12 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

The wolves will come again, I dreamed it.

Still waiting.  Maybe Jojen didn't know what the fuck he was talking about and they're not coming again, but all dying....

The wolves will show up one by one, and be killed off one by one. Glad I'm not watching anymore. 

8 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

The wolves will show up one by one, and be killed off one by one. Glad I'm not watching anymore. 

Ah, you quit also?  LOL.  I may watch at the end of the season depending on how things go..or not.  It's no great loss, really.  

Not watching either anymore. Just doing clips here or there, of the things I wish to see. So, I skipped parts of the Tarly scenes, the theater play, and I skipped Dany alltogether for last epsiode. Pics and gifs gave me enough info.

Of this season I saw 2 of the six episodes. And I also completely quited after Summer's death or rather I watch selectively some clips. No Larrol scenes for me!

1 hour ago, Tijgy said:

Of this season I saw 2 of the six episodes. And I also completely quited after Summer's death or rather I watch selectively some clips. No Larrol scenes for me!

It is a long time I've made my mind: the show and the books are different. They can kill Rickon and all the direwolves and Davos, I don't care. Some of what they show is obviously out of the books (I have sufficiently strong belief in what I think to not doubt). Some of what they show is confirmation of what I believe (Daenerys, the Faith+fAegon, Euron ...), even if it will be probably quite different in the books. So not really spoiler for me.

BTW. Not that I'm complaining, but we have not seen anything from Dorne since ep1. I would nearly believe they decided to wipe out everything they have with Elaria and the SS. Because they finally figured out it was too stupid and unpopular.

I have been watching this forum for a couple of years now and am a great fan of both the books and the HBO series.

Finally, there is something that has bugged me to the point that I felt the need to sign up and actually post something.

My problem is the story line about the sparrows and several of the royal family getting locked up in the dungeons inside the giant stone sept (or whatever you want to call the hall of the 7).

Right from the beginning the entire flow of the story line in both the books and HBO series didn't make use of any sort of common sense. The general willingness of the nobles to stomp on common people without mercy throughout both the books and the series indicates that just sitting back and watching a bunch of priests with permanent scars on their foreheads run over the nobility at will is not a response that would be even remotely believable without a full scale rebellion of the commoners (similar to the French Revolution).

I am not a bloodthirsty person but I can think of a couple of effective ways to take care of the high sparrow and his followers.  Easiest would be to send out all of the soldiers and watch and have them cut off the right hand of anybody wearing the sparrow scar. Boom, Boom. End of problem.  No right hand makes for a worthless warrior.  Just take a look at Jamie if you disagree.  There is even plenty of historical precedent if you want actual history to be a guide. Middle East punishment, African Warlords, etc. Anybody else who claims to be a follower of that particular priest, swish, off with their right hand.  Put another high sparrow in place that wants to keep all ten fingers attached and the problem goes away. Remember the story line where Joffery sent out the watch to kill all of Robert's bastards?  Only noble to have a problem with it was the Imp.  Nobody else even lifted a brow.

45 minutes ago, NeoCount said:

I have been watching this forum for a couple of years now and am a great fan of both the books and the HBO series.

Finally, there is something that has bugged me to the point that I felt the need to sign up and actually post something.

My problem is the story line about the sparrows and several of the royal family getting locked up in the dungeons inside the giant stone sept (or whatever you want to call the hall of the 7).

Right from the beginning the entire flow of the story line in both the books and HBO series didn't make use of any sort of common sense. The general willingness of the nobles to stomp on common people without mercy throughout both the books and the series indicates that just sitting back and watching a bunch of priests with permanent scars on their foreheads run over the nobility at will is not a response that would be even remotely believable without a full scale rebellion of the commoners (similar to the French Revolution).

I am not a bloodthirsty person but I can think of a couple of effective ways to take care of the high sparrow and his followers.  Easiest would be to send out all of the soldiers and watch and have them cut off the right hand of anybody wearing the sparrow scar. Boom, Boom. End of problem.  No right hand makes for a worthless warrior.  Just take a look at Jamie if you disagree.  There is even plenty of historical precedent if you want actual history to be a guide. Middle East punishment, African Warlords, etc. Anybody else who claims to be a follower of that particular priest, swish, off with their right hand.  Put another high sparrow in place that wants to keep all ten fingers attached and the problem goes away. Remember the story line where Joffery sent out the watch to kill all of Robert's bastards?  Only noble to have a problem with it was the Imp.  Nobody else even lifted a brow.

Welcome to the forum and the R/R thread.  Comments like this are ALWAYS welcome.

The books make your argument a little more difficult to carry out.  The faith militant are not few in number, their are literally thousands of sparrows and they are armed and armed well.  The Lannisters are weak in Kings Landing.  Their armies were either defeated by Robb Stark, culled at the Blackwater or busy keeping peace in the Riverlands.  The gold cloaks are weakly led and small in numbers.  And again, until the High Sparrow took Cersei, the crown was working with the High Sparrow (or at least Cersei thought).  So until she was taken, the crown had no interest in confronting the Faith. 

The only viable force to confront the Faith Militant in Kings Landing are the Tyrells, who until the WoS were kept at arms length by Cersei, so they didn't have the force present to attack the Faith Militant and just when they do, i.e. Cersei losing power, they are stuck in a very difficult situation by Varys', Euron's and Aegon's actions.  If they attack the Faith Militant it means an attack on Kings Landing, while Aegon conquers the Stormlands.  If they attack the Stormlands, they lose their power base in the Reach.  If they go to the Reach they are essentially giving up on the throne.  And remember in the books, the Tyrell's negotiated for Margery's release, so they have no reason to attack the High Sparrow.  And they believe Margery will win her trial-cause she is likely innocent of the charges.  And Loras was not held by the faith, he was on the Kingsguard.  So again, the Tyrells acted logically, they brought force that could be used if required, protected Margery and were playing for time.  Unfortunately for them time ran out. 

So things are not as simple as you would indicate, in book.

In show, the faith are, well illogical.  They seem more interested (until this week) in sins of the flesh than the crimes of the nobles  Cersei voluntarily arms them without thought of consequence.  So the Lannisters would not be immediately interested in confronting them.  Why the Tyrells did not immediately attack the faith in show is well unknown and questioned by many viewers.  It took Cersei to motivate them to take that action.  Why didn't the crown attack the High Sparrow when he took Cersei?  IDK, Apparently Tommen was weak and Kevan a misogynist. Now Tommen is strong and taking control of the situation.  Again the plot doesn't follow logically.

Archived