[Spoilers] Rant and Rave without Reprecussions - Season 6 Edition

Ran

8 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

ok so I went back and counted.....

Jon Snow has 7 stab wounds in his torso.  Why did they only hang 4 people? Clearly we saw that everyone only stabbed him once, no one was double dipping.

WHY CANT THEY TRY A LITTLE!?!:bang:

He may have 7 stab wounds, but he was actually stabbed 6 times. And not just that, but besides the men who actually stab him, there are more than 10 standing there and watching, and they are just as guilty. This show is a fucking joke. 

It's too late now but tomorrow I'm going to go over the stabbing scene and then the first/second episodes of s 6. I think there's a fair chance that one or two of the spectators from 510 is among the random brothers guarding Jon's corpse. 

15 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

ok so I went back and counted.....

Jon Snow has 7 stab wounds in his torso.  Why did they only hang 4 people? Clearly we saw that everyone only stabbed him once, no one was double dipping.

WHY CANT THEY TRY A LITTLE!?!:bang:

"Double dipping..." :lol:

I guess they could say they hanged the ringleaders and the followers got off with a warning ;) Or Jon didn't notice who was stabbing him after Pointy End #4 (isn't it the fourth wound that downs him in the book?) Anyway, since the Night's Watch is now down to a dozen, I guess they needed to keep a few of them around or Edd would be Lord Commander of nothing (is nothing!)

1 minute ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

If it's streamlining why are we repeating last year storyline with the Boltons?

And Arya beatings in the dark.  

And roaming Dany with no Drogon. 

And Jaime being obsessed with Cersei. 

And Tyrion and Varys running a city secret dude-bro style. 

There are new stills from 6.4 and it looks like we're in for yet another Small Council scene with Carol, Larry looking befuddled and confused, Mace, and Olenna. Because we couldn't have just gotten to this part in the last episode. Streamlining!!

1 hour ago, LadySoftheart said:

"Double dipping..." :lol:

I guess they could say they hanged the ringleaders and the followers got off with a warning ;) Or Jon didn't notice who was stabbing him after Pointy End #4 (isn't it the fourth wound that downs him in the book?) Anyway, since the Night's Watch is now down to a dozen, I guess they needed to keep a few of them around or Edd would be Lord Commander of nothing (is nothing!)

yeah but edd said, 'arrest the ones who put their knives in the lord commander'. or something like. if they stabbed they should hang is what the show presented. 

I just dont get how they can be so insanely inconsistent.

Just watched the episode since I'm now finished exams (yay me!). I won't rant too much since I know I'm late to the game and everyone's proably said it all on the other thread (read the last few pages and Spyburn is now my show OTP) but did I miss something with the "little birds"? Like, they were seriously just a group of urchin kids that Varys gave candy to? And so now Qyburn has them? What terrible spies! They can literally be bought with more candy! And how is Qyburn going to get little birds in Dorne? Is he going to teleport between Dorne and KL and the Reach, etc. on a daily basis to give kids candy? Or is he going to send the Dornish urchins candy via raven? Can these kids even read and write? What happens when they grow up? I meant Varys has been in KL now for a while. I doubt Varys Marx is killing them off.

I suspect I did not miss anything more but I'm really hoping I did anyway cause everything in Carol's Landing is a blur. 

Does anyone think we'll get a Branovision flashback to the Harrenhal tourney?  At least provide some kind of backstory for the Tower of Joy?   As cool as it would be to see it done well, I think we all know how badly it would turn out.

Without it though, they're really relying on people's outside knowledge to understand anything about Lyanna or Rhaegar.  Not that they have a problem with lazy writing though, they'll just explain it the extras as usual...

2 hours ago, WinterPool Stark said:

I just thought he would've had a clause or something where he's involved. He was some executive producer or something? Maybe I misunderstood what that meant.

i honestly believe the rift happened because of Sansa getting Jeyne's story. I didn't buy George's reasons for not writing an episode anymore due to him being 'busy' and 'time'. It was definitely Sansa. I still think he should've gone all out nuts over it!!

I think he would only have power if he was made showrunner like Kirkman was for The Walking Dead.

40 minutes ago, Edd Tollett's One Vote said:

Just watched the episode since I'm now finished exams (yay me!). I won't rant too much since I know I'm late to the game and everyone's proably said it all on the other thread (read the last few pages and Spyburn is now my show OTP) but did I miss something with the "little birds"? Like, they were seriously just a group of urchin kids that Varys gave candy to? And so now Qyburn has them? What terrible spies! They can literally be bought with more candy! And how is Qyburn going to get little birds in Dorne? Is he going to teleport between Dorne and KL and the Reach, etc. on a daily basis to give kids candy? Or is he going to send the Dornish urchins candy via raven? Can these kids even read and write? What happens when they grow up? I meant Varys has been in KL now for a while. I doubt Varys Marx is killing them off.

I suspect I did not miss anything more but I'm really hoping I did anyway cause everything in Carol's Landing is a blur. 

The logic is so airtight! :rolleyes:

Seriously, they had no reason to even show the kids. Just Qyburn providing information to Cersei and that would reasonably indicate that he had set up his own network. He had plenty of time to do that. OTOH, since the show has set up the legend of Varys I-wouldn't-hurt-a-child Marx I have the gruesome feeling that Qyburn will be the one to cut off their tongues in order to guarantee their silence particularly when they give information about Varys and Cersei realises the danger of them being bribed by a few sweets.That is, when she forgets to be Carol for a few seconds.:ack:

6 minutes ago, ArabellaVidal said:

Seriously, they had no reason to even show the kids. Just Qyburn providing information to Cersei and that would reasonably indicate that he had set up his own network. He had plenty of time to do that. OTOH, since the show has set up the legend of Varys I-wouldn't-hurt-a-child Marx I have the gruesome feeling that Qyburn will be the one to cut off their tongues in order to guarantee their silence particularly when they give information about Varys and Cersei realises the danger of them being bribed by a few sweets.That is, when she forgets to be Carol for a few seconds.:ack:

Carol doesn't hurt children - remember how she has a mother's pure love for Tommen (or whatever)! It will be Larry who makes that call, because who's the real monster here? It isn't Carol or Frankengregor!

21 minutes ago, The Wull said:

Does anyone think we'll get a Branovision flashback to the Harrenhal tourney?  At least provide some kind of backstory for the Tower of Joy?   As cool as it would be to see it done well, I think we all know how badly it would turn out.

Without it though, they're really relying on people's outside knowledge to understand anything about Lyanna or Rhaegar.  Not that they have a problem with lazy writing though, they'll just explain it the extras as usual...

They have finally introduced Howland Reed and Petyr has already told Sansa about the tourney. I doubt that they'll have a flashback of events that happened before the ToJ. It would have been better if they had the tourney and I wouldn't have minded a glimpse of Ned with Ashara Dayne along with Bran's clumsy commentary on how he had heard from the gossip in WF that people said she was Jon's mother. It would have been much better than this barreling towards the obvious which is so inelegant.

4 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

That's just mean, you know I HATED it, and many fellow ranters did too!

I hated it too. I even put it on the same level as Shaggy's death and you know how much I love the furry darlings. 

Never forgive, never forget!

3 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

And it's even worse that this was Arthur Dayne, like, why'd you kill the hot guy?

They chose that hot guy to make us hate Ned even more

1 hour ago, LadySoftheart said:

There are new stills from 6.4 and it looks like we're in for yet another Small Council scene with Carol, Larry looking befuddled and confused, Mace, and Olenna. Because we couldn't have just gotten to this part in the last episode. Streamlining!!

Would you mind to give a link?

3 minutes ago, LadySoftheart said:

Carol doesn't hurt children - remember how she has a mother's pure love for Tommen (or whatever)! It will be Larry who makes that call, because who's the real monster here? It isn't Carol or Frankengregor!

You're right. What was I thinking? Obviously it will be Larry the-smiling-knight Lannister.

15 minutes ago, ArabellaVidal said:

Thanks lol. I figured I hadn't missed anything but I still dream! I definitely hope they know how to read and write if they cut out their tongues. Although there could be some macabre humor in a newly dumb urchin trying to mime secrets to Qyburn.

Archived