Strong powerful women

Jack Bauer 24

3 minutes ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

Try...harder? Better yet don't try at all maybe lol.

*shrug* Different breed, different, yet unknown superpowers. Even worse!

On Asha, I find her a little stereotypical in both incarnations, but she's just the product of the Ironborn culture. If she doesn't try StrongWomanTM TV kingsmoot, I'm fine with her.

13 minutes ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

Typical pirate. One of the many reasons I prefer show Euron is no tropey eye patch.

I don't even know how you can already have many reasons to prefer show Euron when he's literally appeared in one scene unless you are insanely biased towards the show which is the impression I am getting.

4 minutes ago, The_Gallows_Knight said:

Yeah, a shirtless idiot in a fight with bladed weapons. How he managed to survive that is a fucking miracle.

The demands of plot always trumps the demands of logic, especially where certain charicatures characters are concerned. 

28 minutes ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

She's a PotC cardboard cutout.

Why is Asha a cardboard pirate? What's the problem with her characterisation in the books?

She is a strong, powerful and intelligent woman. I love her.

And I like Yara, as well.

I would like to know the reason why you think Asha is like this in the books:dunno:

1 minute ago, kissdbyfire said:

The demands of plot always trumps the demands of logic, especially where certain charicatures characters are concerned. 

GRRM is just dull and tries to be low with magic. Only dragons, no reality-bending demigods.

5 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Definitely the Iron Born's fear of dogs was excellent world building and character building.  

And it was there that we first saw Ramsay's charisma and genius, where he hypnotized a room full of people wearing leather and chain mail and got them to stand still and watch, while he, shirtless in silk pants,  monologued and then let loose the hounds.

GRRM would never have been able to come up with such a multi dimensional characterization and deeply moving scene as that.

Hey, psychopaths are people too, ok? 

2 minutes ago, Boarsbane said:

I don't even know how you can already have many reasons to prefer show Euron when he's literally appeared in one scene unless you are insanely biased towards the show which is the impression I am getting.

And don't forget that Show!Euron was injured near the eye in his scene. I'll laugh so hard if he returns wearing an eye patch, lol

1 minute ago, Valetudo said:

And don't forget that Show!Euron was injured near the eye in his scene. I'll laugh so hard if he returns wearing an eye patch, lol

Yea but it'll be for medical reasons, not just to look like a pirate as GRRM was clearly going for. We'll praise D&D for giving us such an ingenious reason for Euron to wear an eye patch, well at least one of us will...

Just now, Tianzi said:

I'm just curious whether the StrongwomanTM Yara gets to crush this weak little man during the kingsmoot ;)

I think "Yara" may lose her agency, cause unless she kinslays her weak little brother Theon, I don't think she will win the kingsmoot.  LOL.

4 minutes ago, Tianzi said:

*shrug* Different breed, different, yet unknown superpowers. Even worse!

On Asha, I find her a little stereotypical in both incarnations, but she's just the product of the Ironborn culture. If she doesn't try StrongWomanTM TV kingsmoot, I'm fine with her.

What do you mean StrongWoman TV Kingsmoot?

5 minutes ago, Valetudo said:

There's a picture of Euron on the HBO viewers guide with a scar near his eye. No eye patch. That was just cheesy characterization by Martin.

5 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I think "Yara" may lose her agency, cause unless she kinslays her weak little brother Theon, I don't think she will win the kingsmoot.  LOL.

Well, she made him cry in the last episode, she seems decent in bullying strongwomaning. ;)

But her other little brother uncle... she better gouge his other eye, because if he is already injured, then her weak little man father is ahead in harming relatives having agency.

Wow, this thread descended quickly... I guess troll-feeding wasn't good for it.

6 minutes ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

There's a picture of Euron on the HBO viewers guide with a scar near his eye. No eye patch. That was just cheesy characterization by Martin.

Well thank god we dodged that bullet, something so cheesy would of been terribly out of place on this show.

2 minutes ago, Primalsplit said:

Lol Euron's eye is probably not even injured. He conseals a "black eye shining with malice".

At least, get your fucking shit together if you're going to spew book hate in the book's own forum. Is this some form of being a hipster?

This is the HBO section of the forum.

Archived