(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion - Rant & Tear apart

LulaMae Barnes

1 hour ago, VladimirDulud said:

the illustration looks like  early to late 90s anime-fan wish fulfillment tbh.

the show depiction looks like he could actually be related to Theon Greyjoy.

those pretty blue eyes set apart and that lovely sandy blonde hair.

But Euron is supposed to be more closely related to this guy here.

In the show he looks like he could be Theon's brother, not older uncle. They mentioned Euron had been sailing all over Planetos so I feel they could have at least given him the blue lips from his drink to show he is a little cray-cray.

1 hour ago, Ruhail said:

Guess Aeron is totally cool with a kinslayer sitting on the Seastone chair.

Duuuuuuddde, It's not the Seastone chair, it's the Salt Throne. Get it together, bro. That change will make much more sense in the lastest episode ever. Just wait..........................................

41 minutes ago, Risto said:

There are many others depictions... Yeah, it is a bit fanficy, but still, Euron is supposed to be some sort of wish-fulfillment. When he talks about marrying Dany, you are supposed to believe him. When he speaks about crazy adventures and dangerous life, you are supposed to believe in that. Euron is not supposed to be ordinary. He is not supposed to be plain, there is a dash of exotic spirit to him and in this actor, I don't see that. 

I get that. Pilou (the actor) is also kind of playing it for laughs; there isn't that edge that a Pascale/Oberyn had, motivated by passion/revenge. I guess we may have to wait and see what is driving Euron other than greed/power lust...

11 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

But Euron is supposed to be more closely related to this guy here.

In the show he looks like he could be Theon's brother, not older uncle. They mentioned Euron had been sailing all over Planetos so I feel they could have at least given him the blue lips from his drink to show he is a little cray-cray.

I see what you're saying. Actually the way you describe Euron , I'm starting to see what they needed was more of a Klaus Kinski , stark raving mad  explorer (Aguirre Wrath of God )type:

Stark raving mad

Who would be age appropriate to be an uncle....

1 minute ago, VladimirDulud said:

I see what you're saying. Actually the way you describe Euron , I'm starting to see what they needed was more of a Klaus Kinski , stark raving mad  explorer (Aguirre Wrath of God )type:

Stark raving mad

Who would be age appropriate to be an uncle....

Yes, Much better :thumbsup:

I am not familiar with that actor you showed, but I always thought Mads Mikkelsen would have been great as well. And he could have played that part to a "T".

3 minutes ago, VladimirDulud said:

ooh! you've got to watch Aguirre: Wrath of God. Kinski and it are absolutely nuts. Brilliant. Epic, and kinda thrones-y actually..

Klaus

WOW! I can totally see that. Good call. Thanks for the link :cheers:

They are so in love with Arya that Nymeria will survive.

@The Fattest Leechnone of your links work for me.

5 hours ago, Ruhail said:

Why is it that the origin of Hodor's name and disability was treated as a much bigger reveal than the whole Others-COTF thing which was immediately glossed over?

I keep asking myself that.

5 hours ago, VladimirDulud said:

the illustration looks like  early to late 90s anime-fan wish fulfillment tbh.

the show depiction looks like he could actually be related to Theon Greyjoy.

those pretty blue eyes set apart and that lovely sandy blonde hair.

No oen denies this actor is handsome, but he doesn't have the "grrrr pirate!" look the Greyjoys are supposed to have. He's like a cleaned version of Alfie, when Theon should give others this impression.

I am sick and tired of the dire wolves dying.  What is up with that?  Aren't they integral to the story from the beginning? 

And when are the Others going to invade the rest of Westeros?  It has to be the slowest invasion ever.  Night King, please bring down this wall! 

Well, based on the hilarious discussions in this thread and my subscription to HBO, I decided I was missing out--so I went ahead and broke my promise and watched. This show is a trainwreck that cannot stop. I literally didn't even care when Summer died. I don't think the books will play out this way with the direwolves--I imagine their roles are more important, but the show is killing them for budgetary reasons. The children of the forest look SO stupid I didn't give a crap when they died though the complete ripoff of Aliens is borderline plagiarism.

Something I haven't seen mentioned, and of course it doesn't really matter because this show is stupid and written by dummies, but Sansa. So many people are talking about how bad ass Sansa was with Littlefinger. Am I the only one who thought, once again, she's displayed herself to be easily manipulated and dull? After this big, moving speech and putting LF in his place--good for her, that was actually well done--LF ends the scene by basically suggesting she can't trust her brother because he is her half brother? And she goes with it? WTF.

34 minutes ago, Simon Steele said:

Something I haven't seen mentioned, and of course it doesn't really matter because this show is stupid and written by dummies, but Sansa. So many people are talking about how bad ass Sansa was with Littlefinger. Am I the only one who thought, once again, she's displayed herself to be easily manipulated and dull? After this big, moving speech and putting LF in his place--good for her, that was actually well done--LF ends the scene by basically suggesting she can't trust her brother because he is her half brother? And she goes with it? WTF.

Yeah...and there are already cracks in the relationship because of Littlefinger.

Honestly, the conflict makes sense, but Littlefinger did not need to be the catalyst. This could have happened organically; Jon is the natural leader, and could have gradually been seen as the true heir of Eddard Stark - Sansa gets angry about this, and plots against him.

Its a fine direction. Problem is the scene with her confronting Littlefinger is just not necessary to any of it.

In any case, the whole story and dynamic in the North is weird. Jon doesn't care that Ramsay has Rickon? Jon's death experience took all his agency and drive to fight away? Jon knows nothing about the North? What happened to Jon advising Stannis in Season 4-5? What about the thousands of Hill Clansmen ready to fight for 'the Ned' right next to the Night's Watch? Sansa is a Stark leader despite being both legally a Bolton and after suffering five seasons of pure abuse and little agency? Littlefinger has an army at Moat Cailin in the span of a single episode? Littlefinger is manipulating Sansa into working against Jon after Sansa is the one to build Jon up as a son of Eddard Stark? The Blackfish has an army at Riverrun ready to support the North at the onset of Winter?

Plot convenience after plot convenience. This show is not characterizations. It requires catalysts and outside, bad characters, to make these choices so as to absolve its characters of making difficult decisions.

12 hours ago, Low Sparrow said:

I didn't feel the need to add "that's what servants are for" but maybe should have. George is a history buff and makes an overly-concerted effort to make ASOIAF accurate in such regards.The ladies of house stark would be unlikely to possess skills to make their own shoes, or anyone's winter coats.

Yeah, he is mostly accurate, but he takes licenses, like, for instance, the existence of a guy 2.40 m tall and 190 kg of weight who can ride a horse while clad in the thickest armor made by humans... The idea of a noble girl who lives in the north region of a world with winters that last for years and whose family name name is Stark can be able to make a winter coat, that can be made a symbol of status, is not that striking.

So this has probably been mentioned before, but it occurs to me that Hodor's very public fit back in the past creates a pretty big plot hole. The source of his disability should be pretty common knowledge. Ned was present (unless he'd just left?) Nan was present, Rodrik was working at Winterfell. Everyone should know what happened and that story is interesting enough to have been passed down to the kids.

5 hours ago, Simon Steele said:

I agree, but it's even worse than that.

She didn't actually put him in his place, she just gave him more to use against her by talking to him. There's no point in telling your enemy that he succeeded. He's not going to genuinely feel remorse, it's just throwing good after bad. She had already figured out he was her enemy and never intended to have anything more to do with him.

So just kill him. Then go back and tell her brother and the others that the man who pimped her out to the Boltons is dead, and they can go claim her cousin's army. There's likely one of the Vale knights there who accompanied them to Winterfell, and knows there was no ambush (another plot hole), but regardless, just tell them what happened.

There is nothing badass about Sansa, she's a walking talking plot contrivance. All they did with those scenes is create a bunch more plot holes. Season 5 was a rehash of her seasons 1-3 storyline, only without her learning anything, and the worst happening. Why did she forget what she knew in season 4, including she holds the cards with the Vale?

Why is she meeting Littlefinger without telling the others, and why does she believe him about the Blackfish, and withhold how she learned that from the others? There's no logical reason. She's not supposed to be there, nor is Brienne, so they are having them do bizarre things, and in the process, Jon is just a bystander in his own story (like Theon last season).

Do they plan to go back on the Shireen murder or they will just let it die? Episode 4 Davos spoke to Melissandre about it before Brienne interrupted to gloat and that was it
Davos and Shireen friendship was build up in this show and my god the plots have no consistency

41 minutes ago, Nami said:

Do they plan to go back on the Shireen murder or they will just let it die? Episode 4 Davos spoke to Melissandre about it before Brienne interrupted to gloat and that was it
Davos and Shireen friendship was build up in this show and my god the plots have no consistency

Spoiler

Ive heard it is but only when he marches to WF with his precious plank of wood Snuh where they convenietly come across the Pyre at longlake.

Archived