NHL 2016 - The Kids Are Alright

Jabronius Maximus

Just now, MerenthaClone said:

Hell no they won't.  They'll expose Fleury if they can, trade Fleury, or trade picks/players to keep Murray.  

They can't. Fleury has a no move clause in his contract. Players with a NMC have to be protected. Thus Fleury has to be protected. Unless he is willing to waive his NMC, or the Pens manage to trade him, it looks like Murray is on his way out. Unless, can the Pens use a buy out on Fleury?

1 hour ago, Notone said:

They can't. Fleury has a no move clause in his contract. Players with a NMC have to be protected. Thus Fleury has to be protected. Unless he is willing to waive his NMC, or the Pens manage to trade him, it looks like Murray is on his way out. Unless, can the Pens use a buy out on Fleury?

There is absolutely no chance the Pens will lose Murray in the expansion draft. Fleury's no trade clause is limited to 12 teams he chooses on a yearly basis that he won't go to. I think there's a decent chance he's traded by the draft this weekend to Calgary according to some reports, but it depends on what the specifics are for no trade clauses in the expansion draft next year. Jim Rutherford is not letting a 22 year old Cup winning goalie get away, simple as that.

13 hours ago, Joe Pesci said:

There is absolutely no chance the Pens will lose Murray in the expansion draft. Fleury's no trade clause is limited to 12 teams he chooses on a yearly basis that he won't go to. I think there's a decent chance he's traded by the draft this weekend to Calgary according to some reports, but it depends on what the specifics are for no trade clauses in the expansion draft next year. Jim Rutherford is not letting a 22 year old Cup winning goalie get away, simple as that.

This.  I don't know how Fleury's limited NMC and NTCs work as far as requiring him to be protected vs a full NTC, but Murray isn't going to be drafted.  How exactly they end up protecting him, I'm not entirely sure, but he won't be drafted.  

Holy shit holy shit I'm freaking outttt. Lost the best ever Pred today but still absolutely fucking over the moon about getting Subban. Poile is a god. Traded Jones and Weber in the last six months and we still have the best top four. 

Fucking Hall gets traded to the Devils as well! And Stamkos re-signs in Tampa. What a day.

2 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

Holy shit holy shit I'm freaking outttt. Lost the best ever Pred today but still absolutely fucking over the moon about getting Subban. Poile is a god. Traded Jones and Weber in the last six months and we still have the best top four. 

Fucking Hall gets traded to the Devils as well! And Stamkos re-signs in Tampa. What a day.

The entire off season happened in like 30 minutes lol. 

And kudos to the Preds. 

4 hours ago, Jabronius Maximus said:

FUCK YOU CHIARELLI FUCK OFF

And props to Poile. Turns Weber and Jones into Johansen and Subban. Well done. 

Shero totally robbed you guys. :P

This is the most excited I've been since they landed Ilya Kovalchuck. Hall and Henrique played together in juniors too. Larsson is a solid dman, but the Devils are stacked with young prospects at that position. Can't wait for the season to start!

7 minutes ago, Jabronius Maximus said:

To top it off, Fowler is possibly heading to NJ too. That'll complete the Spitfire trio, and it'll make NJ even better. 

Take care of Hall, he was never the problem here :(

Don't mean to rub salt in the wound but I had to share this comment I just saw online.

"Breaking news: the Oilers have traded Connor McDavid to the Ducks for Adam Banks".

:lmao:

1 hour ago, Nictarion said:

Don't mean to rub salt in the wound but I had to share this comment I just saw online.

"Breaking news: the Oilers have traded Connor McDavid to the Ducks for Adam Banks".

:lmao:

I just looked out my window, and I don't see any stores being looted, or fires blazing, so I think it's safe to say oiler fans are safe on that front at least.

It is quite the ornery atmosphere around town today though. One can only hope that the Oil do indeed sign Lucic on Friday. If that deal doesn't happen somehow, it's not going to be a pretty sight around here.

10 hours ago, Jabronius Maximus said:

The entire off season happened in like 30 minutes lol. 

And kudos to the Preds. 

I'm happy but it's annoying as hell seeing all these people shit on Weber over the last day. Montreal fans might've loved PK but trust Weber was just as loved here in Nash. Would have multiple Norris wins if he wasn't playing here in this small market. He had 20 goals, 51 pts last year so all this "decline" talk is a bit of a stretch. He's still a fucking beast, hope he kills in MTL. 

Wow, the Subban - Weber trade kinda hit me by surprise. 

I mean Weber is for me (together with Drew Doughty) the best d-man in the league. So I take the minority position on this board and say, that Montreal got a bit of an upgrade there.

The Hall trade, I think the Oilers got robbed there. I know they desperately need upgrades on their blue line, and there's still this rumour that Hall is a lockerroom pest, but up to now, I have just dismissed that as the usual scape goating by fans.

19 minutes ago, Notone said:

I mean Weber is for me (together with Drew Doughty) the best d-man in the league. So I take the minority position on this board and say, that Montreal got a bit of an upgrade there.

I absolutely agree. One thing is for sure Montreal will be tougher to play against. 

On 6/22/2016 at 3:14 PM, MerenthaClone said:

Hell no they won't.  They'll expose Fleury if they can, trade Fleury, or trade picks/players to keep Murray.  

On 6/22/2016 at 3:29 PM, Notone said:

hard to say really what they will do.  They could protect him via trade prior to the expansion draft with Vegas as well.  happened a bunch of times last time if I remember correctly.

It would be an interesting job taking over an expansion team as GM.

10 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

I'm happy but it's annoying as hell seeing all these people shit on Weber over the last day. Montreal fans might've loved PK but trust Weber was just as loved here in Nash. Would have multiple Norris wins if he wasn't playing here in this small market. He had 20 goals, 51 pts last year so all this "decline" talk is a bit of a stretch. He's still a fucking beast, hope he kills in MTL. 

The issue with Webber is his age and the length of that contract.  He's still a great player, but for how long?  he's certainly already past his prime.

Will be interesting to see if the Lucic rumors are true.

Archived