[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion

teemo

So let me get this shit straight

A 7 foot tall massive and powerfully built warrior who is skilled and renowned enough to be the enforcer and bodyguard of one of the most powerful rulers in the kingdoms and is implied to be able to go toe to toe with the best swordsman in the whole country dies instantly from one measly little stab wound in the back from a little girl. 

while...

a small skinny teenage girl who has been beaten, starved and cursed somehow manages to not only survive a large slash as well as two stabs through the abdomen, she has not problem with getting back up and moving normally after all the fuss. 

Okkkkkkk..........

Sweet Girl, how much for the clam between THESES STABS! MUAHAHAHAH

But seriously, if you wanted this moment to have some weight to it...

Then you have the waif address her as "Arya".

and then stab her when she turns.

But the Waif is just EvilTM not 'deep'.  She wants Revenge (good band) because Arya is someone.

Btw, I'm not a professional writer, so maybe they'll hire me.  I'll totally leave off the part about having read the books on my CV.

7 minutes ago, SeventhReign said:

For some reason, Arya didn't have Needle. And The Waif is supposed to be No One, yet she has a grudge against Arya and takes pleasure in killing her. I thought Faceless Men weren't supposed to have feelings about their targets? I'm hoping Jaqen is setting the Waif up, because she should really be punished for not being No One.

They played the spooky Magical-Jaqen music when Arya was bleeding out.

Something is not as it appears.

3 minutes ago, The Onion Kniggit said:

So let me get this shit straight

A 7 foot tall massive and powerfully built warrior who is skilled and renowned enough to be the enforcer and bodyguard of one of the most powerful rulers in the kingdoms and is implied to be able to go toe to toe with the best swordsman in the whole country dies instantly from one measly little stab wound in the back from a little girl. 

while...

a small skinny teenage girl who has been beaten, starved and cursed somehow manages to not only survive a large slash as well as two stabs through the abdomen, she has not problem with getting back up and moving normally after all the fuss. 

Okkkkkkk..........

You missed one: on the final stab the Waif held the knife in and twisted it around and around, deliberately slicing up Arya’s intestines.  Think about that, will you.

That's much worse than what happened to Jon. Arya has only a little bit better change of surviving that than Ned had of surviving his beheading.

2 hours ago, LadyDoom said:

2 hours ago, SerMixalot said:

2 hours ago, Kolx said:

Ok for some reason, my post is hella fubar and i cannot get rid of these mysterious quote boxes and can only write in them. 

My question is: WHEN THE FUCK IS CERSEI'S TRIAL GOING TO HAPPEN?

1 minute ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

You missed one: on the final stab the Waif held the knife in and twisted it around and around, deliberately slicing up Arya’s intestines.  Think about that, will you.

That's much worse than what happened to Jon. Arya has only a little bit better change of surviving that than Ned had of surviving his beheading.

Oh yes thanks for reminding me.

Also we can't ignore the fact she also jumped into the dirty braavosi water and who knows what kind of dirt, germs and bacteria could seep into her wounds.

I have been very hard on Sansa but with the way the show is portraying Jon, I don't blame her one bit for writing that letter to whoever the hell she wrote it to...  Where is Jon's fire?  Where's his leadership?  Taking command?  Like when he took over the watch during the battle for castle black...  Like when re recruited men for the raid on the mutineers?  Like when re rallied the wildlings at Hardhome?  Why not go around preaching about the WW's coming?  Why so fucking quiet?  Why Davos has to be the only one with any fucking sense or fire in his belly?  Jon's character has regressed and the shit is dumb. Now he doesn't even want to try to rally the Cerwyns or Manderlys...  Sansa please help this damn fool because he sure ain't coming across as the King in the North I expected him to be...

1 minute ago, The Onion Kniggit said:

Oh yes thanks for reminding me.

Also we can't ignore the fact she also jumped into the dirty braavosi water and who knows what kind of dirt, germs and bacteria could seep into her wounds.

Dead. Dead dead dead dead.  She's dead, Jim.

17 minutes ago, GrimTuesday said:

To be fair, Deepwood Motte is super close to Bear Island. With ships and horses, it wouldn't take more than like, 4 days to make the trip between those two locations. Getting from the Wall to Deepwood Motte is a little more tricky, espcially since they would have been marching with the wildings at least part of the way there.

Yes, but we didn't see any travel and compared to Jaime getting to Riverrun... This time travel issue is messing up the continuity of the show. If everyone has their own timeline, then what happens when those stories converge? 

1 minute ago, The Knight in Motley said:

Was I the only one when Jamie was on screen with the Freys who said:

"Hi, I'm Larry and this is my brother Daryl and this is my other brother Daryl"?

Maybe  Jamie will wake up next to Emily Hartley.

24 minutes ago, Graeham said:

I've been waiting for multiple seasons to see Cersei's gradual descent into madness. In the earlier seasons we had some excellent scenes with her ranting as she drank wine. What happened to that? She's so...reasonable these days. Why is Olenna putting all the blame on Cersei? Why is Loras being neglected?

I have a nasty feeling that Cersei's madness will be very abrupt and will just be an excuse to kill off multiple major characters in King's Landing for a blatant shock. There's a lot of potential for some epic scenes and rising tension between everyone in King's Landing but we're just getting recycled conversations.

I wanted Cersei to seek revenge for Mrycella. I wanted Olenna to  lose her cool and desperately try to get Loras and Margaery out of jail. This is the woman who helped murder a King. Why is she giving up so easily when faced with zealots?

Blergh. First post here but fitting thread for it I suppose. I'm just really disheartened because the intrigue in King's Landing is what brought me into the setting in the first place (especially in the books) and I don't care much for Jon, Tyrion or Dany these days.

Very nice first rant. Welcome :cheers:

I thought it was so ridiculous in that scene where Jon is setting up camp in the exact same spot Stannis did, and Davos is complementing Stannis on the location of the camp.  Shouldn't Davos be telling Jon "We probably shouldn't camp here.  This is the exact location where Stannis' army got crippled by Ramsay Bolton and and his 20 GOOD MEN."

And for that matter, shouldn't Davos be telling Jon "You know, Stannis actually had about double the number of men you currently have when he camped here.  His army was annihilated.  Attacking might not be a good idea."

I think it is so absurd that they are giving Stannis' story line to Jon and Sansa.  And it's not even done well at that.  At least Stannis was able to recruit the mountain clans and deliver Deepwood Motte back to the Glovers from the Ironborn in the books.  And in the process he gained both the allegiance of house Glover and house Mormont.  Jon and Sansa have done practically nothing.  They only got house Mormont because of Davos!

Wait...why is Davos helping Jon and Sansa?  Why did Sansa marry Ramsay Bolton in the first place?  Why is Edd the new lord commander of the Night's Watch without an election?  Why isn't there any change in Jon whatsoever after being resurrected?  Where is Melisandre?  What the hell is going on in this show?

13 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Yes, but we didn't see any travel and compared to Jaime getting to Riverrun... This time travel issue is messing up the continuity of the show. If everyone has their own timeline, then what happens when those stories converge? 

Hmmm...good point. Not to forget that brienne will have made it from the wall to Riverrun in record time when it is supposed to take weeks just to get from Winterfell to the Wall and that is traveling along the kingsroad.

9 minutes ago, Rubicante said:

I thought it was so ridiculous in that scene where Jon is setting up camp in the exact same spot Stannis did, and Davos is complementing Stannis on the location of the camp.  Shouldn't Davos be telling Jon "We probably shouldn't camp here.  This is the exact location where Stannis' army got crippled by Ramsay Bolton and and his 20 GOOD MEN."

And for that matter, shouldn't Davos be telling Jon "You know, Stannis actually had about double the number of men you currently have when he camped here.  His army was annihilated.  Attacking might not be a good idea."

I think it is so absurd that they are giving Stannis' story line to Jon and Sansa.  And it's not even done well at that.  At least Stannis was able to recruit the mountain clans and deliver Deepwood Motte back to the Glovers from the Ironborn in the books.  And in the process he gained both the allegiance of house Glover and house Mormont.  Jon and Sansa have done practically nothing.  They only got house Mormont because of Davos!

Wait...why is Davos helping Jon and Sansa?  Why did Sansa marry Ramsay Bolton in the first place?  Why is Edd the new lord commander of the Night's Watch without an election?  Why isn't there any change in Jon whatsoever after being resurrected?  Where is Melisandre?  What the hell is going on in this show?

This is typical plot arch technique on the show's part, as bad as it is. Odds are stacking up against team Stark only to be saved by 40,000 backstabs by the Vale army just as Jon and the Wildling army is about to get whacked. 

This is how it will go, Jon and co. will attack as Rickon dies before him and will get it like Stannis did BUT before Ramsay orders his men to kill the rest of Jon's army Ramsay will have some last villainous taunts and then all of the Boltons well get a sword to the back all at the same time by the Vale soldiers, Howland Reed, Darrio and Theon. 

And that will be the end of the Battle of the Bastards. It is known. 

The writing on the show and some common sense themes have been shit this season. Why were none of these lines used by Jon?  'Aye, I did let the wildlings through the wall. And they have promised me that there would be no more raids and senseless murders. And they have sworn that after helping me reclaim the North that they will stand beside us and fight against the WHITE WALKERS.  I have killed a WW and the Night King and his army of the dead are coming and we must be prepared when they do."  But all we get is 1 or 2 lines from Jon and no mention of the real threat that is coming. Davos, who hasn't even seen a fucking WW has to mention them...  Dany gets all the fiery speeches and Jon is back reduced to a know nothing bastard that's scared to speak up and take command...

1 hour ago, Charlie Of House Bucket said:

The bit where Robett Glover goes on about "where was Robb when the Ironborn were taking our castle?" was odd.  The Ironborn also took Winterfell.  If anything he should sympathise with the Starks, but he has something like zero reason to chastise them about it.  And as I remember it, Robb wasn't just fucking around with his "whore."  He was winning battle after battle.

was that robett or galbert?

Archived