Who were the characters on the crosses?

It was the people who collect Ramsey's pisspot. They were slow that morning and he accidently tripped over it as he was getting dressed for the morning's battle. Clearly there are consequences for that kind of lax service. Ramsey expects better!

3 minutes ago, Bastard of the Dreadfort said:

No you didn't miss anything. I find it hilarious that fans have been commenting about who the bodies are on the crosses since the trailer and it doesn't even matter. Just another sign that D&D are very uncreative storytellers.

How does it say anything about D&D as storytellers? It says that there is infinite hype about this show so every little detail is analyzed to death. 

1 hour ago, Bastard of the Dreadfort said:

No you didn't miss anything. I find it hilarious that fans have been commenting about who the bodies are on the crosses since the trailer and it doesn't even matter. Just another sign that D&D are very uncreative storytellers.

How does that make them uncreative? Point is to show how fucked up everything is under the Boltons. He's turning the North into hell on earth.

1 hour ago, Bastard of the Dreadfort said:

Pfft. If they were as uncreative as you assume, they'd be made of up established characters solely put there for whimsical fan-service.

Did it ever occur to any of you that we might find out whose bodies it is on the cross during the next episode?
I'm sure Jon, Davos, Tormund and everybody else had other things to do than Sherlock Holmesing over a few charred corpses while they were being butchered by Ramsay's cavalry and infantry.
Perhaps there will be a big reveal next episode about whose corpses those were, and perhaps there will not be ; in which case, there are a thousand people Ramsay could have flayed and burnt for fun and intimidation. It's been known to happen... Theon's cock, anyone? What was that for?

18 minutes ago, TheSerb said:

Why does it matter so much? They were probably a bunch of Northern smallfolk Ramsay kidnapped, flayed and burned so he could scare and intimidate the opposing soldiers.

i wind it likely that they were nobodies, who were in wrong place at wrong time.

Sometimes people forget that this is the TV Show, and not the Books.  Its fun to over-analyze the books, due to GRRM adding so many random clues and hints on things.  The show, however, is not the same.  There is no hidden twists, turns, or meanings.  It is what it is.  The men on the crosses where just that...random men put there for dramatic purposes.

3 hours ago, Nerevanin said:

On the cross that was shown closely, it seemed to be a child. So my guess is either Lyanna (unlikely, I suppose) or just a random child(ren) killed there to disturb Jon.

Lyanna was on her horse behind Jon when he and Sansa had their pleasant chat with the bastard of Bolton. 0% chance for her to be on one of those crosses. 

9 minutes ago, The Imp slap said:

Lyanna was on her horse behind Jon when he and Sansa had their pleasant chat with the bastard of Bolton. 0% chance for her to be on one of those crosses. 

I know that she was there. But I guess that if Sansa could ride to meet LF without being noticed, Lyanna, who's smaller and shorter (hey, Tyrion!) could be somehow kidnapped by Bolton man in the night. Like, 0.01% chance. She is the only child that's hanging around I can think of.

Archived