[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion - one last time ;o)

19 minutes ago, LadyDoom said:

I think Cersei wanted him dead anyway for not letting her have the trial by combat. But it was stupid. If Tommen had decided to get her in custody for her crimes then what? But I guess she figured he had no guts and would never have them. 

I feel very sorry for the kid, he wasn't evil and I think he did try to do the best he could. He probably couldn't take being such a failure and facing what his mother was and what she did to him. 

So, as last week he had Schrodinger´s Sansa, we now have Schrodinger´s Cersei. Is she evil? Is she stupid? As long as she she is in the show, it can be both ways. We will oly know once we open TWOW.

8 minutes ago, joaozinm said:

Margaery seemed to have a giant plan working on, it probably included getting highgarden with no male heir... In fact i think D&D couldn't think of a good plan for her to work then they just kill her without having to show it.

Yeah, another thing that went nowhere. True Emmy award winning writing! What was Margaery's plan? Was Tommen in on it? Will they cleverly outsmart the High Sparrow? Destroy the Sparrows from the inside, perhaps? Nah, blow everything up! Why make an intricate carpet of all the threads when you can just cut them with a butcher's knife?

8 minutes ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

Benjen left Bran and Meera and took the horse with him.

Is Meera supposed to carry Bran on her back across the Wall? Or Bran will have to crawl on snow all the way untill he gets to Winterfell?

It was just so dumb.

At this point I'm so desensitized to stupidity in this show that this just felt right. Of course Benjen leaves them because that's the thing that doesn't make sense. Also, Bran needs to see the next episode of Tower of Oh Boy Who Are Jon's Parents? Who cares what happens after that? Distance doesn't have meaning in this show. The Wall is probably right around the corner.

The water lapping up at the sides of the boats looked so unbelievably fake I could not fathom how they left that scene in.  There is an actual close-up of the crew in one of the boats and if you look at the water, it looked awful.

So I guess it will be Cersei Tyrion/Dany/Olena/Sandsnakes shodown now, with all of them taking a stab at her maybe and then Dany deadpanning smugly at her. Jaime will probably redeem himself dying to save Tyrion or some other brand of cheese like that. 

Dany will then fly north to make those rebels bend the knee, and finds out the walls was brought down (By Bran crossing to warn everyone about the WW and enabling the WW to become a real threat) and about the Others. She Jon and whoever ride the dragons and defeat the others, all 3 of them are Azor Ahai, and the prince that was promised. Dragons and Others and Ghost die. 

Jon and Dany marry each other seemingly for political reasons but it's actually for love (ewww) and she finds out she can have kids. They either rule together or they walk into the sunset as they establish a democracy in Westeros,

2 hours ago, Jarl Halstein said:

Yes! How did the boy's instructions go?

"Now, when all is prepared, run up the stairs. Make sure you're seen. The Sparrows will see you, but for sure only one of them will follow you. The others will stay back for some reason. Then you can kill that guy, even though you're a little boy and he is a battle-hardened grown man. Don't worry, you can surely sneak up on him even though he is looking for you. And we won't give you any backup down there. Don't worry about the risk that he easily defeats you and thereby ruins the whole plan.

"But! Leave him alive so he has a chance to foil the plan anyway. Stab him so he has to drag himself across the floor. Now, we know a little girl who has been stabbed multiple times, and gutted like a fish by a trained assassin, can still jump off bridges, swim, then run, run, run and fight with a sword. But THIS man will only be able to crawl slowly after being stabbed once."

Lmao, someone make this guy one of the writers on the show.

2 hours ago, David Selig said:

Yeah, Dany learning to control the dragons is supposed to be a huge moment in her plotline and character arc. But they completely sidestepped it in the show and gave no explanation whatsoever how she suddenly become fully in control of them.

She's bringing three untamed beasts to Westeros but...she can mind control them

Because I don't want to be stoned for mentioning Varys surprise appearence in the final scene, I'll move to other things:

1) Benjen leaves Meera and Bran somewhere in the woods. He doesn't even give them his horse! And Meera can barely drag Bran to the weirwood tree. How are they supposed to get to the Wall?

2) I was not especially keen on Daenerys + Tyrion scene but I'm so happy that Meereen is over.

3) Poor Daario. :(

4) Poor Jorah and Brienne, the only semi-main characters that did not appear in the episode.

5) Littlefinger acts as an idiot again. For like 6th time. If he acted like that before the events of GOT, I am really surprised he made it as far as S01E01.

6) Dark Sansa didn't happen which was something I really wanted to happen. :(

10 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

6) Dark Sansa didn't happen which was something I really wanted to happen. :(

Don't worry, in an episode or two we'll have Dark Sansa back again for a while. Then she'll completely disappear, only to reappear when it's convenient.

9 minutes ago, Ser Kinslayer said:

So, is it just me or does it seem like Varys and Batfinger discovered teleportation?

Littlefinger is clearly the master of teleportation, though. He teleported the entire Vale army. Varys, on the other hand, is a novice. He can teleport himself, but he clearly doesn't posess the power to teleport Dany's army straight to King's Landing.

F**k this episode!

Poor Margery and many others blown up in the sept.

Poor Tommen. You don't deserve the suffering of being crowned,

I see winteriscoming.com was praising Cersei's atrocities as something cool. F**k them!

Dark Sansa never happened because she got tired of the shitty game nobody won in the end. Good!

LF is actually an idiot who thinks he's the smartest man in Westeros and a very petty prick.

Arya in TV forever listed in my dislike list after the Frey pie this episode. What a shame. She used to be my favorite character. She crossed the line this time. The Mountain is one of the most horrible human being in Westeros and Wyman Manderly's son was fed human meat by him. So Wyman made Frey pie to the co-conspirator responsible for the Red Wedding as payback and I kind of accept it as tit for tat. But Arya overdid it for no reason rather than being a bitch. She could have just cut Walder's throat or poison him to die in agony. Feeding someone the meat of their children is just inhuman even if the said someone is an asshole. I can't forgive the atrocity she did just because she's on the "good" side and a "child". Her self-justice is too terrible. What's worse is that many is delighted for what she did.

Jaime might really be the younger brother who'll strangle Cersei now that she had fullfuilled her own doom prophecy.

I love Olenna insulting Ellaria and the Sandsnakes for killing their own princes and how women should act.

I totally love Lay Mormont's moment of scolding the Northmen to do what's right. Although I don't understand why they crowned Jon Snow who is a bastard instead of Sansa. I guess crowning a woman had never been done before Cersei in this show. So now Sansa is the lady of Winterfell and Jon is king now. Anyone ships Jon x Sansa? It's gonna be Ned x Cat 2.0.

How long after the Dorne scene when Daenerys began her invasion of Westeros. I doubt she'd meet much resistance besides the Lannisters and some small houses the crown raised up after what Cersei did. She'd do better to just bring the Unsullied to join the Reach and Dorne instead of the Dothrakis whom everyone there hated.

What is the greatest fucking shit?

Giving George's lines to characters who wouldn't use them.

Varys/Olenna reiterating the Doran lines. And most importantly: Qyburn using Varys' lines on Pycelle. 'Grand Maester, I bear you no ill will'?

What kind of crap was that? Qyburn does bear Pycelle ill will last I checked this story.

Not to mention that setting didn't make any sense. Why is Pycelle specifically killed by Qyburn? Was it on Cersei's orders or what? If so, why didn't he mention that. Something like 'You betrayed your queen, etc.' not just finishing him off without motivation. 

12 minutes ago, The Lord of Cinder said:

Don't worry, in an episode or two we'll have Dark Sansa back again for a while. Then she'll completely disappear, only to reappear when it's convenient.

:D

12 minutes ago, The Lord of Cinder said:

Littlefinger is clearly the master of teleportation, though. He teleported the entire Vale army. Varys, on the other hand, is a novice. He can teleport himself, but he clearly doesn't posess the power to teleport Dany's army straight to King's Landing.

Varys teleported the Tyrells' and Martells' ships to Daenerys though. But I suppose that exhausted him way too much to teleport them back to Westeros. ;)

Yohn Royce spoke up at Winterfell in the big hall scene.  Did anyone ever tell him that Littlefinger lied to him and that Sansa was not kidnapped by the Boltons?

Marjorie knew that something was up and tried to evacuate the whole sept.  Does she even know what wildfire is?  What would have made here suspect all of a sudden that something massive was about to happen?  I know that Cersei and Tommen not being there was suspicious, but how would she have suspected that a mass casualty attack was ready to occur?

Cersei's dress is just awful.  I've hated her hair the entire season and then that awful dress at the end.  Ugh!

33 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

1) Benjen leaves Meera and Bran somewhere in the woods. He doesn't even give them his horse! And Meera can barely drag Bran to the weirwood tree. How are they supposed to get to the Wall?

This bothered me too but then I remembered the LF Teleportation Device TM  so I figured that would solve this particular problem. 

7 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

What is the greatest fucking shit?

Giving George's lines to characters who wouldn't use them.

Varys/Olenna reiterating the Doran lines. And most importantly: Qyburn using Varys' lines on Pycelle. 'Grand Maester, I bear you no ill will'?

What kind of crap was that? Qyburn does bear Pycelle ill will last I checked this story.

Not to mention that setting didn't make any sense. Why is Pycelle specifically killed by Qyburn? Was it on Cersei's orders or what? If so, why didn't he mention that. Something like 'You betrayed your queen, etc.' not just finishing him off without motivation. 

As I said earlier, losing the subtle hidden gem of Frey pies/ Rat cook woven in as part of the growing tension in Winterfell for the nonsensical "bad-ass" Arya revenge moment was sickening.  Doran speech given to Ellaria & Varys was a close second.

1 minute ago, lakin1013 said:

This bothered me too but then I remembered the LF Teleportation Device TM  so I figured that would solve this particular problem. 

You mean that LF will use his pocket teleportation machine to bring Meera and Bran to Winterfell and when Sansa would be grateful that he brought her her little brother, he would once again tell her right in the eyes that he wants to  make babies with her? :P

LF plan this episode was brillant : doing exactly nothing to oppose Jon becoming king, not even giving an opinion despite controlling the largest army there, then smirking at Sansa.

Looks likely that seduced by LF lovely smile and erotic lip movement, she'll give her now king half brother to the dogs next episode.

Or is it that LF decided it was a good idea to let Jon become KoTN as it was freeing Sansa to become his queen of the 7K ?

Archived