[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussions - First We Take King's Landing Edition

Ran

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

Even worse is Ramsay putting an arrow in Wun Wun's eye while Emo Pup is right next to him, gaping like a moron. 

Yeah, that totally could have been prevented. In reality, Jon is a terrible leader and giving him invincibility does nothing to change that. Emo boy needs a new job.

12 minutes ago, Librus said:

Dear lord... This season... I can't even... At least it was a little better then season 5. But only by a little. I have never seen so much nonsensical shark jumping in my life. They couldn't even make me even slightly like the idea of Jon being king of anything let alone the north and the way they explained it was such stolen bull. I love you little Mormont but you done fucked up and you have no clue what you're talking about. Sit down and let the big people talk. And you mister Manderly? You know even less then Jon Snow. He almost got all of his men killed. He didn't do ANYTHING to avenge the red wedding beyond being a terrible commander and leading his men to their doom. If not for Sansa Littlefinger the north would still be held by the Boltons and Jon and his whole army would be dead. Get your facts straight D&D and stop giving me this nonsensical fan service trash. #IhateJonSnow'splotrightnowsomuch...

There, all fixed now. :ack:

15 minutes ago, Librus said:

LOL, fair enough. I'll give you that one. I meant to put Petyr's name in there alongside Sansa's but it slipped my mind.

HOW COULD IT SLIP YOUR MIND?????  :spank:

He is Batfinger, the Pimp That Was Promised, Hero of the North, and Saviour of Useless Starks!!! :wideeyed:

I didn't catch any Jon Snow scenes on my brief watch, but I'm sure I'd be raging. I love Real Jon Snow. He's trying SO hard to be the Lord Commander. He'd be awesome in a battle scene with Ramsey, but I'm sure he'd fight smarter than that. 

I did catch a snippet of Arya's storyline, with Jaquen/Kindly Man/Whoever and the Waif talking about stuff I didn't care about. So there goes Arya's storyline for me. No warging cats, no meeting all the Braavosi courtesans, all the colorful atmosphere. GONE. Just stabbings and yoursister fights. BOO.

26 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

HOW COULD IT SLIP YOUR MIND?????  :spank:

He is Batfinger, the Pimp That Was Promised, Hero of the North, and Saviour of Useless Starks!!! :wideeyed:

I know. I'm such a failure... But seriously Petyr for king of the Iron Throne!

25 minutes ago, Liver and Onions said:

I didn't catch any Jon Snow scenes on my brief watch, but I'm sure I'd be raging. I love Real Jon Snow. He's trying SO hard to be the Lord Commander. He'd be awesome in a battle scene with Ramsey, but I'm sure he'd fight smarter than that. 

I did catch a snippet of Arya's storyline, with Jaquen/Kindly Man/Whoever and the Waif talking about stuff I didn't care about. So there goes Arya's storyline for me. No warging cats, no meeting all the Braavosi courtesans, all the colorful atmosphere. GONE. Just stabbings and yoursister fights. BOO.

Jon just gaped all season. Basically everything he said could have been replaced with "why"... but he was too bored to even ask the question. It was like he wished he could be dead again, and even said to Mel at one point, if I die, don't bring me back.

Arya, no "warging"... just a season long yoursister fight, ending in an episode long yoursister fight... then a blink and you missed it killer smirk to match Sandra. The Smirkettes. Also pocket faces, it's the latest thing. Carry one wherever you go! 

And they never told us why the Waif hated her so. Like it never even occurred to them.

3 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Jon just gaped all season. Basically everything he said could have been replaced with "why"... but he was too bored to even ask the question. It was like he wished he could be dead again, and even said to Mel at one point, if I die, don't bring me back.

Arya, no "warging"... just a season long yoursister fight, ending in an episode long yoursister fight... then a blink and you missed it killer smirk to match Sandra. The Smirkettes. Also pocket faces, it's the latest thing. Carry one wherever you go! 

And they never told us why the Waif hated her so. Like it never even occurred to them.

Sounds like Jon was disappointed that he didn't get to be free of the series like Leaf/COTF girl. 

The Smirkettes! I like it! 

2 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

I honestly think that the Waif is just a psychopath and that the Kindly man was just trying to get rid of her. Thus the whole thing about Arya becoming a faceless man at the end. Then again, this is what I tell myself to make me feel better about that whole part. But it doesn't really work because that whole run through the city thing? Yeah... I still want to know how she survived that when Talisa died just from the stab wounds and they were pretty much all in the same area. On top of that Arya was parkouring around braavos like it ain't no thing THE DAY AFTER SHE GOT STABBED FIVE TIMES IN THE STOMACH! Come on D&D... What kind of fools do you take us for?

2 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Books, I always thought when Sansa found out what LF did to Jeyne, she'd kill him like 5 minutes later. Show, he does it to her, and she just lets him walk about stirring up trouble.

LF so needs to die...

Cross my heart, hand to the sky, I too always thought Sansa would kill Littlefinger for selling Jeyne and having put her in a brothel and such. I still think that could happen in the books and I can't wait. 

What was it Sophie said Sandra did to Creepyfinger? She lectured him, or wrung her hands or scolded him? Yeah!!! That'll teach him to stop selling little girls :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

One question.

Show lovers still gloat about GoT being badass, entertaining, best show on TV right now and other nonsense.

Can they answer with a straight face whether they think the show has a soul?

Bear in mind, non-readers enjoying it as what it is don't bother me in the slightest. But readers who love it, or who have the nerve to say it improves the books in anything, they just can't give a positive answer to the above question with a straight face.

LOL

http://turtle-paced.tumblr.com/post/147029444372/that-was-season-six

ETA: I just realised I wrote this whole review without mentioning Jon Snow’s resurrection. It’s kind of strange that a character coming back from the dead had so little impact on subsequent events, besides assuring said character’s continuing presence in scenes, that I almost forgot it happened.

2 hours ago, Tijgy said:

LOL

ETA: I just realised I wrote this whole review without mentioning Jon Snow’s resurrection. It’s kind of strange that a character coming back from the dead had so little impact on subsequent events, besides assuring said character’s continuing presence in scenes, that I almost forgot it happened.

^_^

12 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

I don't have one favourite character, I have lots, but Arya is among them in a big way. I can't stand her in the show either. 

And I get kind of annoyed when people say her story is one of the least butchered. Because that may be somewhat true on the most superficial way possible, but somehow that only makes the whole thing even worse for me. And that's also part of why I truly hated all those scenes with Kindly Ganpa Tywin. 

I find it strange that some viewers can't differentiate between a well-acted scene (which, of course, Charles Dance will always enhance) and a well-plotted scene.  On a superficial level, more Charles Dance is always nice BUT not at the expense of plot.  And what exactly did the Granpa Tywin scenes achieve?  The scenes with Roose in the books were so different and Roose so creepy.  They're his character introduction scenes, and I really missed them.

10 hours ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

Her story got butchered way earlier than everybody else's, as early as season 2, and the only time we got close to seeing the real Arya is her scene with the Hound at the end of season 4 (which is actually an adaptation of a scene from the books). That scene gave me some hope for her in season 5 but all of it was dashed. 

They never understood her character or her journey.  It was about her struggle to hold on to her identity, not about her journey to become a "badass".

:agree:

10 hours ago, Prince of the North said:

Heh...not to mention Jon's miraculous ability to not be even grazed by a single arrow when, seemingly, tens of thousands of others (judging by the ridiculousness that was that wall of bodies that sprang from nowhere) could not avoid them:rolleyes:

Good to know I wasn't the only one snorting at his plot armour.

8 hours ago, Liver and Onions said:

<>

I love Real Jon Snow too - he's not incompetent, that's for sure.

7 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Ugh, tissue faces and the Smirk Sisters. :ack:

7 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Books, I always thought when Sansa found out what LF did to Jeyne, she'd kill him like 5 minutes later. Show, he does it to her, and she just lets him walk about stirring up trouble.

LF so needs to die...

My favoured killer for LF is LSH, hands-down.  I want Sandor to tell her LF betrayed Ned and is responsible for all her misery.  I want her to go him in the Vale and for him to see her and what his betrayal turned her into and then I want her to kill him. Then she can see Sansa lives and, hopefully, die in peace at last.  That's what I'd like.  Fanfiction, I know, but that's what I'd like.

No LSH in the show, so I suppose I'll settle for Sansa - but I don't want all the characters to be killers.

3 hours ago, Tijgy said:

LOL

Yep, strange - and very annoying.  Another grand plot event turned to dust.

On July 6, 2016 at 4:38 AM, The Wull said:

They never bothered to show us anything about Lyanna, so why would we care?  In the novels we feel like we knew both her and Rhaegar, so the reveal has some emotional connection.  Based off only what the show has established though, why should we care if it was consensual or not?  Literally the only reason they included his parentage IMO is so when he becomes king out of nowhere, it's justified in their mind.  

Exactly this^. In the show, the audience is not invested in the characters of Lyanna and Rhaegar. It means absolutely nothing that Jon is their son.

On July 6, 2016 at 11:22 AM, Ser Quork said:

It's a crying shame.  I watched 1. with growing incredulity that it could be just THAT boring and THAT illogical.  Davos, why are you there and why have you suggested resurrecting Jon - just what the hell is this plot?  And then, when Jon does come back from the dead, they have him in this weird, shy sitting position with his knee to shield his genitals from show.  Just leave his underclothes on so it doesn't look so contorted!  I just ... gaaaaaaah!

And, yes, 2 & 3, gone for nothing - again.  Just useless.

:lmao:

22 hours ago, The Knight in Motley said:

I'd argue that in reality, he jumped because they were cleaning house and wanted his character out of the way.  The show itself gives us no reason for why he did it, only conjecture.

:agree: 

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 6:32 AM, Low Sparrow said:
10 hours ago, The fanny from hell said:

One question.

Show lovers still gloat about GoT being badass, entertaining, best show on TV right now and other nonsense.

Can they answer with a straight face whether they think the show has a soul?

Bear in mind, non-readers enjoying it as what it is don't bother me in the slightest. But readers who love it, or who have the nerve to say it improves the books in anything, they just can't give a positive answer to the above question with a straight face.

I'm a book reader, who finds the Show entertaining, while still considering it to be inferior to the books.

And, no, the Show has no soul at all. For some reason, Tyrion is whitewashed, but most of the remaining characters are stripped of their humanity.  The Show portrays violence and cruelty as being positively good things.  Revenge is empowering.  Women display their agency by acting  like vicious and depraved men.   Women enjoy being sex slaves, indeed, will offer sex for free if they like their customers.  Torture victims are told to man up or kill themselves, and this is just the kind of "tough love" they need in order to recover. 

By the end of Season 6, the main contenders for power are a selfish, amoral, dynast (Daenerys) a child murderer (Ellaria Sand) a psychopathic terrorist (Cersei) a kinslaying pirate (Euron) a sociopath (Littlefinger) a young woman who feeds an enemy to wild beasts (Sansa) or Jon Snow who's pretty ineffectual. 

18 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Quick question... Larry never asked Carol anything about the WoS or what she'd been charged with or anything at all, right? I know he hasn't had a chance to talk to Cheryl yet...

No apparently despite the fact that everyone knows what she is being accused of, Larry has no clue. He did have plenty of chances to ask her after she was accused...one would think he would have asked after her "walk of shame" but noooooo....one would think that he might have asked just out of curiosity...but still no! We are dealing with an imbecile.

17 hours ago, SuperMario said:

Yeah, if I had to pick between hanging out with douchey emo version of my half brother and an ever changing Boss Ass Individual sister and just going it alone, I think I would go it alone too.

:lmao:

16 hours ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

Yeah she should have chucked Needle in the river when she had the chance. They she can be on her own and out of the show completely

Arya is my favorite character in the books and I can't stand her in the show.

I feel exactly the same way. In the show I can't even see the point of her character. I hate her plot, hate her character and hate that Maise Williams has no clue what Arya's character is all about. 

16 hours ago, sweetsunray said:

Yup totally weird actually that Maisie says that: would make her leaving Braavos pointless, ainit?

"I'm Arya Stark, and I'm going home [and I'm not killing anyone you have on your list just because you want me to; cause assassination is bad] "... detour to RL - psychopath Arya kills several people for face and pies to slash a man's throat... Nah, not going home. I just wanna go it alone and kill people. :bang:

It's as though they all suffer from multiple personality disorder. Sansa is like that too, one minute she says and wants one thing the next the exact opposite, I can't make sense of any of them. 

Archived